- 1830 : July Revolution in France .
- 1831 : slave revolt in Virginia under Nat Turner ; Foundation of the New England Anti-Slavery Society .
- 1832 : Hambach Festival .
- 1836 : The Covenant of the Just is founded.
- Louis-Philippe I , King of France
- Marie-Joseph Motier, Marquis de La Fayette , French politician
- Ferdinand I , Emperor in Austria-Hungary
- Ferdinand VII , King of Spain
- Maria II , Queen of Portugal
- Friedrich Wilhelm III. , King of Prussia
- Gregory XVI. , Pope
- Nicholas I , Tsar in Russia
- Victoria , Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland
- Robert Peel , Prime Minister of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland
- William Lamb, 2nd Viscount Melbourne , Prime Minister of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland
- Martin Van Buren , President of the United States
- Andrew Jackson , President of the United States
- Mohammed Shah , Shah in Persia
- Ninkō , Emperor of Japan
- Daoguang , Emperor of China
Film and entertainment related
- The historic PC strategy game Victoria (Paradox Entertainment - 2004) starts in 1836 .
- The film Amistad by Steven Spielberg began in 1837 .