Calendar overview 1834
|German Customs Union .|
Hessischer Landbote is secretly distributed.
|After the defeat of Michael I in the Miguelistenkrieg, Maria II becomes Queen of Portugal again .|
|1834 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||1282/83 (turn of the year July)|
|Ethiopian calendar||1826/27 (September 10-11)|
|Bengali solar calendar||1239/40 (beginning of April 14th or 15th)|
|Buddhist calendar||2377/78 (southern Buddhism); 2376/77 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||75th (76th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||1196/97 (turn of the year April)|
|Dangun era (Korea)||4167/68 (October 2/3)|
|Islamic calendar||1249/1250 (turn of the year 10/11 May)|
|Jewish calendar||5594/95 (October 3-4)|
|Coptic calendar||1550/51 (September 10-11)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 2144/45 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 2145/46 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1890/91 (April)|
Politics and world events
German Customs Union
- January 1 : 18 German principalities join the German Customs Union , excluding Austria . The primary goal of this association is to simplify trade between the German states. There is an economic improvement in all participating states.
- March: Georg Büchner writes a draft for a pamphlet about social grievances in Hessen.
- May: Friedrich Ludwig Weidig revises Büchner's design and gives the font the name Der Hessische Landbote .
- 31 July : Georg Büchner's revolutionary and immediately pursued by the authorities pamphlet The Hessian Courier , the social ills in the pre-March denounced, is secretly in Grand Duchy of Hesse distributed.
- Georg Büchner founds the secret “Society of Human Rights”.
- January 27 : Representatives of the liberal Swiss cantons of Lucerne , Bern , Zug , Solothurn , Basel-Landschaft , St. Gallen , Aargau and Thurgau decide on the Baden Articles in Baden . The regulations trigger violent protests by the Catholic Church and are the seeds of the Sonderbund War in 1847.
- April 9 : Silk weavers rebel in Lyon and demand republican conditions.
- April 15th : The second uprising of the silk weavers in Lyon is bloodily suppressed by army units. Over 600 people lost their lives in the rebellion lasting several days .
- May 26th : The Portuguese usurper Michael I renounces the throne in favor of his former fiancee and niece Maria II . This ends the Miguelistenkrieg .
United States of America
- April: The 1832 with the Seminoles closed Treaty of Payne's Landing is ratified by the US Congress.
- May 24 : The United States signs the Washington Treaty with the Chickasaw .
- March 6 : The previous York , capital of the British province of Upper Canada on the north coast of Lake Ontario , is renamed Toronto . On March 27, William Lyon Mackenzie becomes First Mayor of the city.
- October 28 : In the Pinjarra massacre , police forces from the British colonialists in Australia kill up to 30 Aborigines , including children.
- February 26 : Johann Sebastian Staedtler starts marketing the crayon he has developed based on oil crayons .
- June 14 : Isaac Fischer, Jr. receives a US patent for a sandpaper manufacturing process .
- June 21 : Cyrus McCormick receives the US patent for the bar mower he invented for harvesting grain . His Virginia Reaper is drawn by horses.
- August 2 : In Eschweiler the notary contract establishing the joint stock company Eschweiler mine association closed. For decades, the stock corporation became the leading mining company in the Aachen area .
- October 26 : The Sparkasse der Stadt Landsberg is founded, but does not start business until April 1, 1835.
- December 20 : "Gemeinheits Teilungsordnung" of December 20, 1834 privatizes fields and meadows that are in common ownership and at the same time regulates the replacement of services and taxes on property. This led to the lifting of the Hudelast and the consolidation of fields.
- The Mohrenbrauerei is founded in Dornbirn , making it the oldest brewery in Vorarlberg.
- The company Gebrüder Sulzer, Giesserei in Winterthur is founded by Johann Jacob Sulzer.
science and technology
The journey of the HMS Beagle
- After surveying the Strait of Magellan , the HMS Beagle sets course for the Pacific Ocean. She sails via Chiloé , Valdivia and Concepción to Valparaíso , where she arrives on July 23rd.
- August 14th to September 27th : Charles Darwin undertakes his first Andes expedition, which takes him to Santiago .
- While the HMS Beagle is mapping the Chonos Archipelago , Darwin explores the geological nature of the island of Chiloé.
- The exploration of the Hittites begins with the discovery of the city of Hattuša and the associated rock sanctuary Yazılıkaya by the French architect Charles Texier near the Turkish village of Boğazköy (now Boğazkale ).
- John Herschel arrives in Cape Town, sets up his telescope there and discovers numerous nebulae.
- Friedrich Wilhelm Bessel observes irregularities in Sirius' own movement and suspects that these are due to a companion (who was finally found in 1862 by Alvan Clark at the location predicted by Bessel).
- The cinnamic aldehyde , the main flavoring of the cinnamon bark was isolated by Jean-Baptiste Dumas and Eugène-Melchior Péligot of cinnamon oil.
- The Clapeyron equation is developed by Émile Clapeyron .
- Charles Wheatstone succeeds for the first time in determining the speed of propagation of electrical current in metallic conductors.
Teaching and Research
- February 3 : The private Wake Forest University is founded in Winston-Salem in the US state of North Carolina .
- January 13 : The first version of the opera Das Nachtlager in Granada by Conradin Kreutzer with spoken dialogues is premiered at the Theater in der Josefstadt in Vienna. The libretto is by Karl Johann Braun von Braunthal based on the play by Johann Friedrich Kind .
- January 17th : The magician Sulfurelectrimagneticophosphoratus , a magical farce by Johann Nestroy , has its world premiere at the Theater an der Wien near Vienna and is vehemently rejected by the audience and critics.
- June 24th to July 1st : The Royal Musical Festival is taking place in Westminster Abbey in London on the occasion of the supposed 100th birthday of GF Handel .
- September 28 : World premiere of the opera Die surety by Peter Joseph von Lindpaintner in Stuttgart
- October 29 to November 5 : In London, as a protest against the exclusion of many amateur musicians from the Royal Musical Festival, the Amateur Musical Festival takes place in Exeter Hall and thus initiates the great amateur movement among musicians.
- November 10 : In the former church of Barfüsserklosters is with the 800 seats overall share Theater , the first theater of Zurich opened.
- April 23 : The first German Baptist church is founded in Hamburg. In the following years it developed into the nucleus of many continental European Baptist churches .
- October 16 : The Palace of Westminster in London falls victim to a major fire.
- November 8 : The fire in Reichenhall destroys 278 of 302 houses in the city, killing at least eleven people and leaving over 2500 homeless .
- January 1 : Ludovic Halévy , French playwright († 1908 )
- January 2 : Friedrich Louis Dobermann , legal clerk in Apolda, Thuringia († 1894 )
- January 2 : Vasily Grigoryevich Perow , Russian painter († 1882 )
- January 5 : William Anderson , British engineer, entrepreneur and philanthropist († 1898 )
- January 7th : Philipp Reis , German inventor of the telephone († 1874 )
- January 9 : Wilkinson Call , American politician († 1910 )
- January 10 : John Emerich Edward Dalberg-Acton , English historian and journalist († 1902 )
- January 16 : Otto Glagau , German journalist and writer († 1892 )
- January 17th : Franz Josef Bucher , Swiss hotelier, railway pioneer and entrepreneur († 1906 )
- January 17 : August Weismann , German biologist and evolution theorist († 1914 )
- January 20 : Petrus Jacobus Joubert , General Commander of the South African Republic († 1900 )
- January 20 : Théodore Salomé , French organist and composer († 1896 )
- January 25 : Otto Scholderer , German painter († 1902 )
- February 2 : Henrik Jørgen Huitfeldt-Kaas , Norwegian archivist, heraldist and genealogist († 1905 )
- February 6 : Ilma de Murska , Croatian opera singer (soprano) († 1889 )
- February 6 : Wilhelm von Scherff , German general and military writer († 1911 )
- February 7 : Estanislao del Campo , Argentine poet and journalist († 1880 )
- February 8 : Dmitri Iwanowitsch Mendeleev , Russian chemist († 1907 )
- February 9 : Felix Dahn , German lawyer, writer, historian († 1912 )
- February 9 : Gustav Ritter von Meyer , German judiciary and honorary citizen of Bayreuth († 1909 )
- February 9 : Kamehameha IV. , Hawaiian King († 1863 )
- February 13 : Heinrich Caro , German chemist († 1910 )
- February 16 : Ernst Haeckel , German zoologist and philosopher († 1919 )
- February 23 : Gustav Nachtigal , German African explorer († 1885 )
- February 27 : Herman Riegel , art historian, museum director and founder of the General German Language Association († 1900 )
- February 28 : Charles Santley , English opera and oratorio singer († 1922 )
- March 1 : Charlotte Wolter , German actress († 1897 )
- March 4 : James W. McDill , American politician († 1894 )
- March 7 : Matthias Büssem , German clergyman († 1914 )
- March 11 : George A. Ramsdell , American politician († 1900 )
- March 12 : Hilary A. Herbert , American politician († 1919 )
- March 14 : Jules-Joseph Lefebvre , French painter († 1912 )
- March 16 : Otto Kitzler , German conductor and cellist († 1915 )
- March 17 : Hermann Theodor Waldemar Atzpodien , German politician († 1910 )
- March 17 : Gottlieb Daimler , German engineer, designer and industrialist († 1900 )
- March 19 : Francesco Acri , Italian philosopher and historian of philosophy († 1913 )
- March 19 : Oswald Berkhan , German medic († 1917 )
- March 20 : Charles William Eliot , American chemist († 1926 )
- March 23 : Julius Reubke , German composer († 1858 )
- March 24 : William Morris , British writer († 1896 )
- March 24 : John Wesley Powell , American researcher († 1902 )
- March 26 : Hermann Wilhelm Vogel , German photo chemist († 1898 )
- March 28 : Rufus Bullock , American politician († 1907 )
- March 30 : Liborius Hausner Edler von Hauswehr , Kuk Feldmarschall-Lieutenant († 1925 )
- April 1 : James Fisk , American entrepreneur and speculator († 1872 )
- April 1 : Isidore Legouix , French composer († 1916 )
- April 1 : Josef Marastani , Austrian painter, etcher and lithographer († 1895 )
- August 2 : Frédéric Auguste Bartholdi , French sculptor († 1904 )
- April 3 : Emil Rittershaus , German merchant and poet, author of the Westphalia song († 1897 )
- April 4 : Helene in Bavaria , daughter of Duke Max Joseph in Bavaria († 1890 )
- April 4 : Joseph Joachim , Swiss writer († 1904 )
- April 14 : Guglielmo Sanfelice D'Acquavella , Italian cardinal († 1897 )
- April 15 : Herrmann Bachstein , German railway pioneer († 1908 )
- April 19 : Edmond de Polignac , French composer († 1901 )
- April 23 : Jan Pieter Nicolaas Land , Dutch orientalist and philosopher († 1897 )
- April 28 : Louis Ruchonnet , Swiss politician († 1893 )
- April 30 : John Lubbock , British anthropologist († 1913 )
- May 2 : Wilhelm Mauser , German weapons designer, manufacturer († 1882 )
- May 2 : Wilbur F. Sanders , American politician († 1905 )
- May 5 : Viktor Alexandrowitsch Hartmann , Russian architect, sculptor and painter († 1873 )
- May 6 : Count Anton August von Attems-Gilleis , Austrian KuK treasurer († 1891 )
- May 6 : David H. Goodell , American politician († 1915 )
- May 7 : John Herbert Turner , Canadian politician († 1923 )
- May 9 : Justus Hermann Lipsius , German classical philologist († 1920 )
- May 14 : Luise Ahlborn , German writer († 1921 )
- May 16 : Maria Theresia de Soubiran , founder of the order and blessed of the Roman Catholic Church († 1889 )
- May 17 : Leopold Arnsperger , German physician and politician († 1906 )
- May 20 : Albert Niemann , German chemist († 1861 )
- May 23 : Carl Bloch , Danish painter († 1890 )
- May 24 : Albert von Waldthausen , German banker († 1924 )
- June 2 : Teresa Stolz , Czech opera singer, Verdi interpreter († 1902 )
- June 4 : Paul Friedrich August Ascherson , German botanist, historian, ethnographer and linguist († 1913 )
- June 4 : Jacob Volhard , German chemist († 1910 )
- June 6 : Richard Stein , German mining official († 1917 )
- June 8 : Ebenezer J. Ormsbee , American politician († 1924 )
- June 10 : Hermann Herlitz , German pastor and synod president in Melbourne († 1920 )
- June 13 : Albert Becker , German composer († 1899 )
- June 17 : Georg von Schleinitz , German naval officer († 1910 )
- June 19 : Charles Haddon Spurgeon , English Baptist pastor and preacher († 1892 )
- June 26 : John Alexander Anderson , American politician († 1892 )
- July 2 : Hendrik Peter Godfried Quack , Dutch historian and economist († 1917 )
- July 7th : Emil Hübner , German classical philologist and epigraphist († 1901 )
- July 9 : Jan Neruda , Czech journalist, poet and writer († 1891 )
- July 11 : James McNeill Whistler , American painter († 1903 )
- July 13 : Konrad Beyer , German poet and literary historian († 1906 )
- July 16 : Franz Adolf Eduard Lüderitz , German wholesale merchant, founder of the colony of German South West Africa († 1886 )
- July 19 : Edgar Degas , French painter and sculptor († 1917 )
- July 23 : Johann Jakob Abegg , Swiss politician and entrepreneur († 1912 )
- July 23 : James Gibbons , Archbishop of the Archdiocese of Baltimore and Cardinal († 1921 )
- July 27 : Miguel Grau Seminario , Peruvian admiral († 1879 )
- August 2 : Frédéric-Auguste Bartholdi , French sculptor († 1904 )
- August 4 : Ottilie Genée , German actress and singer († 1911 )
- August 4 : John Venn , English mathematician († 1923 )
- August 5 : Alexander Brückner , German historian († 1896 )
- August 5 : Ewald Hering , German physiologist and brain researcher († 1918 )
- August 9 : Elias Álvares Lôbo , Brazilian composer († 1901 )
- August 14 : Friedrich Goltz , German physiologist († 1902 )
- August 17 : Peter Benoit , Belgian composer and professor († 1901 )
- August 22 : Samuel Pierpont Langley , American astrophysicist and aviation pioneer († 1906 )
- 23 August : Willem Jan Holsboer , founder of the Rhaetian Railway (RhB) († 1898 )
- August 27 : James B. Eustis , American politician († 1899 )
- August 27 : Roden Noel , British poet and essayist († 1894 )
- August 29 : Amalie Marby , German writer († 1915 )
- August 31 : Amilcare Ponchielli , Italian composer and conductor († 1886 )
- September 2 : Josef Zemp , Swiss politician († 1908 )
- September 5 : Robinson Ellis , English classical philologist († 1913 )
- September 6 : Frank Hiscock , American politician († 1914 )
- September 15 : Heinrich von Treitschke , German historian, political publicist and Member of the Bundestag († 1896 )
- September 16 : Asa S. Bushnell , American politician († 1904 )
- September 16 : Julius Wolff , German poet and writer († 1910 )
- September 18 : Karl von Doll , German civil servant, poet and collector of sagas († 1910 )
- September 23 : Alexei Suvorin , Russian publisher and publicist († 1912 )
- September 28 : Charles Lamoureux , French conductor († 1899 )
- September 30 : Andreas Heusler , Swiss lawyer, legal historian and politician († 1921 )
- September 30th : Carl Schorlemmer , German chemist († 1892 )
- October 1 : Augustus O. Bourn , American politician († 1925 )
- October 2 : Jürgen Friedrich Ahrens , German teacher and local poet († 1914 )
- October 3 : Vilém Blodek , Czech composer († 1874 )
- October 9 : Rufus Blodgett , American politician († 1910 )
- October 10 : Aleksis Kivi , Finnish national writer († 1872 )
- October 12 : Amalia del Pilar of Spain , Infanta of Spain († 1905 )
- October 12 : Lotte Mende , German actress († 1891 )
- October 15 : Oskar Emil Meyer , German physicist († 1909 )
- October 18 : Hermann Cremer , German Protestant theologian († 1903 )
- October 22 : Ferdinand Bonaventura Prince Kinsky , Bohemian nobleman († 1904 )
- October 23 : Hermann Usener , German classical philologist and religious scholar († 1905 )
- October 25 : Gustav Adolf Schön , German entrepreneur, speculator († 1889 )
- November 4 : Allen D. Candler , American politician († 1910 )
- November 7 : Lucy Lloyd , British-South African linguist and ethnologist († 1914 )
- November 8 : Karl Friedrich Zöllner , German physicist and astronomer († 1882 )
- November 10 : José Hernández , Argentine journalist and poet († 1886 )
- November 10 : Martin Nováček , Bohemian composer, conductor, music teacher and musician († 1906 )
- November 10 : Franz Reber , German art historian († 1919 )
- November 12 : Franz Brandts , German industrialist († 1914 )
- November 15 : George Anthony Walkem , Canadian politician († 1908 )
- November 17 : Hugo Knorr , German painter († 1904 )
- November 19 : Georg Hermann Quincke , German physicist († 1924 )
- November 21 : Friedrich Weyerhäuser , American timber mogul († 1914 )
- November 23 : Adolfo Baci , Italian composer († 1918 )
- November 27 : Michael Bernays , German philologist and literary historian († 1897 )
- November 28 : Heinrich von Attems-Petzenstein , Austrian officer and pomologist († 1909 )
- December 6 : Hermann Senator , German physician († 1911 )
- December 7th : Ludvig Ludvigsen Daae , Norwegian historian († 1910 )
- December 11 : Eduarda Damasia Mansilla Ortíz de Rozas de García , Argentine writer, journalist and composer († 1892 )
- December 13 : Leonhard Kohl von Kohlenegg , Austrian writer and actor († 1875 )
- December 15 : Joseph Ignaz von Ah , Swiss Catholic priest, newspaper man and writer († 1896 )
- December 15 : Gijsbert Hendrik Lamers , Dutch Reformed theologian († 1903 )
- December 16 : Léon Walras , French economist († 1910 )
- December 18 : Hermann Roesler , German economist († 1894 )
- December 21 : Adolf von Sonnenthal , Austrian actor († 1909 )
- December 24 : Albert von Boguslawski , German military writer and general († 1905 )
- December 25 : Anders Monsen Askevold , Norwegian landscape and animal painter († 1900 )
- December 30th : Ernst Ravenstein , German cartographer († 1913 )
Exact date of birth unknown
- Robert Rowand Anderson , Scottish architect († 1921 )
- Leopold Magenbauer , Romanian-German composer, choir director and teacher († 1901 )
First half of the year
- January 5 : Adam Simons , Dutch Reformed theologian, poet, rhetorician and historian (* 1770 )
- January 8 : Jacques Julien Houtou de Labillardière , French naturalist and traveler (* 1755 )
- January 12 : William Wyndham Grenville , British politician and Prime Minister (* 1759 )
- January 16 : Jean Nicolas Pierre Hachette , French mathematician (* 1769 )
- January 21 : Osei Yaw Akoto , Asantehene of the Kingdom of Ashanti (* around 1800 )
- January 29 : Johann Gaudenz von Salis-Seewis , Swiss poet (* 1762 )
- February 8 : Lewis David von Schweinitz , German-American naturalist and mycologist (* 1780 )
- February 10 : Johann Christian Hundeshagen , forestry practitioner, forest scientist (* 1783 )
- February 12 : Friedrich Schleiermacher , Protestant theologian and philosopher (* 1768 )
- February 14 : John Shore, 1st Baron Teignmouth , British politician and Governor General of Fort William from 1793 to 1798 (* 1751 )
- February 18 : William Wirt , American lawyer and politician (* 1772 )
- February 21 : John Breathitt , American politician (* 1786 )
- February 23 : Karl Ludwig von Knebel , German poet and translator (* 1744 )
- February 23 : Ludwig Schellenberg , German bookseller, printer and publisher (* 1772 )
- February 26th : Alois Senefelder , Austrian actor and theater writer (* 1771 )
- February 28 : Isaac D. Barnard , American politician (* 1791 )
- March 6 : Ludwig Gottfried Madihn , German university professor and university rector (* 1748 )
- March 12 : Karl Wilhelm Feuerbach , German math teacher and mathematician (* 1800 )
- March 19 : Pierre-Auguste Adet , French doctor and chemist (* 1763 )
- March 20 : Michael Schuster , Bohemian lawyer and university professor (* 1767 )
- March 30th : Rudolph Ackermann , German-British bookseller, lithographer, publisher and entrepreneur (* 1764 )
- March 31 : Landolin Fainting , German sculptor (* 1760 )
- April 15 : Girolamo Amati , Italian philologist, Graecist, epigraphist, palaeographer and manuscript scholar (* 1768 )
- April 19 : Abraham Ris , Swiss rabbi (* approx. 1763 )
- April 29th : Grigore IV. Ghica , Prince of Wallachia (* 1755 )
- May 3 : Alexei Araktschejew , Russian general (* 1769 )
- May 7th : Billy Blue , convict and settler as well as ferryman and founder of a ferry company in Port Jackson (* 1767 )
- May 9 : Johann Conrad Kopstadt , German politician (* 1758 )
- May 17th : Enrique José O'Donnell , Count of Abispal, Spanish general (* 1769 )
- May 20 : Marie-Joseph Motier, Marquis de La Fayette , French general and politician (* 1757 )
- May 22nd : Johann Baptist Emanuel Pohl , Austrian botanist (* 1782 )
- May 23 : Charles Wesley junior , English organist and composer (* 1757 )
- June 2 : Edward Lloyd , American politician (* 1779 )
- June 10 : Karl Christian von Langsdorf , German-Lithuanian mathematician (* 1757 )
- June 28 : Joseph Bové , Russian-Italian architect and city builder (* 1784 )
- June 29 : Alexandre-Étienne Choron , French musicologist and teacher (* 1771 )
Second half of the year
- July 9 : Michael Seymour , British naval officer (* 1768 )
- July 12th : David Douglas , gardener, botanist, plant hunter (* 1799 )
- July 14th : Edmond-Charles Genêt , French diplomat (* 1763 )
- July 17 : Friedrich Theodor Kühne , German university professor and linguist (* 1758 )
- July 25 : Samuel Taylor Coleridge , English romantic poet, critic and philosopher (* 1772 )
- August 5 : Gijsbert Karel van Hogendorp , Dutch statesman (* 1762 )
- August 7th : Joseph-Marie Jacquard , French inventor (* 1752 )
- August 17 : Karl Heinrich Gottfried Lommatzsch , German Protestant clergyman (* 1772 )
- August 19 : Johann Jakob Humann , Bishop of Mainz (* 1771 )
- August 20 : Friedrich Wilhelm Offelsmeyer , German Protestant clergyman (* 1761 )
- August 22nd : Jacob Georg Christian Adler , orientalist and theologian (* 1756 )
- August 22nd : Franz Antoine , Austrian pomologist (* 1768 )
- August 24 : William Kelly , American politician (* 1786 )
- August 28 : Johann Heinrich Karl Hengstenberg , German hymn poet (* 1770 )
- August 31 : Karl Ludwig Harding , German astronomer (* 1765 )
- September 3 : Johann Ernst Plamann , German reform pedagogue (* 1771 )
- September 4th : Peter Erasmus Müller , Danish bishop, historian and linguist (* 1776 )
- September 9th : James Weddell , British navigator and whaler (* 1787 )
- September 14 : Giovanni Antonio Giobert , Italian chemist and mineralogist (* 1761 )
- September 15 : Ernst Ludwig Heim , German doctor (* 1747 )
- September 15 : William Harris Crawford , American politician (* 1772 )
- September 24th : Jonas Galusha , American politician (* 1753 )
- September 24th : Peter IV. , Portuguese King and Brazilian Emperor (* 1798 )
- September 27 : Elisa Radziwiłł , first love of Emperor Wilhelm I (* 1803 )
- September 30th : François-Antoine Jecker , French instrument maker (* 1765 )
- October 6 : Carl Friedrich Emil von Ibell , District President of the Duchy of Nassau (* 1780 )
- October 8 : François-Adrien Boieldieu , French opera composer (* 1775 )
- October 10 : Thomas Say , American entomologist (* 1787 )
- October 16 : Albrecht Wilhelm Roth , German botanist (* 1757 )
- October 20 : Fath Ali Shah , Shah of Persia (* around 1771 )
- October 21 : Edward Smith Stanley , founder of the Oaks Stakes (* 1752 )
- November 13 : Friedrich Adolf Ebert , German librarian and bibliographer (* 1791 )
- November 20 : Siegmund Peter Martin , German liberal politician (* 1780 )
- November 28 : Johann Nepomuk Amann , Austro-German architect (* 1765 )
- November 30th : Wilhelm Friedrich, Duke of Gloucester and Edinburgh , member of the British royal family (* 1776 )
- December 3 : Giuseppe Albani , Cardinal of the Catholic Church (* 1750 )
- December 4 : Joseph Franz Appel , Austrian numismatist (* 1767 )
- December 6th : Ludwig Adolf Wilhelm von Lützow , Prussian general (* 1782 )
- December 7th : Friedrich Erhard von Röder , Prussian general of the cavalry (* 1768 )
- December 8 : Edward Irving , co-founder of the Catholic Apostolic Congregations in Great Britain (* 1792 )
- December 13 : Charles Goldsborough , American politician (* 1765 )
- December 16 : Antoine-Vincent Arnault , French writer (* 1766 )
- December 21 : Erduin Julius Koch , German literary historian (* 1764 )
- December 23 : Thomas Robert Malthus , British economist (* 1766 )
- December 25th : David Friedländer , German manufacturer and author (* 1750 )
Exact date of death unknown
- Muhammad ibn ʿAlī asch-Shaukānī , Yemeni scholar (* 1760 )
- Jacques Balmat : French mountaineer (* 1762 )