Konrad Beyer (born July 13, 1834 in Pommersfelden near Bamberg , † March 17, 1906 in Mainz ) was a German writer and poet. He also published under pseudonyms such as Konrad Byr or Conrad Beyer-Boppard.
Konrad Beyer studied philosophy and medicine in Leipzig and completed his studies with a doctorate. The title of his dissertation was: On the anatomical and physiological relationships of the vegetable cell . Since the winter of 1860/61 he was a member of the Leipzig University Choir of St. Pauli (now the German Choir ). In 1861 he married Klara Wagner and settled in Eisenach. In 1889, after the death of his wife, he moved to Stuttgart. In 1901 he went to Wiesbaden, where he died at the age of 70. Beyer rendered outstanding services to the work of Friedrich Rückert , he published the first work edition and biography of the poet. Beyer published works on German literary history and a poetics as well as a book Technik der Dichtkunst in which he explained the literary craft to aspiring poets. He was a member of the Prussian Academy of Sciences and the Masonic Lodge Karl zum Rautenkranz in Hildburghausen.
- Friedrich Rückert as a poet and freemason. A Masonic Study. Hesse, Leipzig 1880. ( digitized version )
- Friedrich Rückert's life and poetry. Sendelbach, Koburg 1866. ( digitized version ) (3rd edition, Koburg 1870)
- Friedrich Rückert. A biographical monument. Sauerländer, Frankfurt am Main 1868. ( digitized version )
- New messages about Friedrich Rückert and critical courses and studies. Frohberg, Leipzig 1873, 2 volumes. ( Digitized volume 2 )
- Retired poems by Friedrich Rückert and new contributions to his life and writings. Braumüller, Vienna 1877. ( digitized version )
- Love and Sorrow , Poems (Leipzig 1865);
- Der Nixe Sang , poem (Leipzig 1869);
- Arja, the most beautiful sagas from India and Iran. Amelang, Leipzig 1872.
- Life and spirit of Ludwig Feuerbach . Free German Hochstift, Frankfurt am Main 1873. ( digitized version )
- Reason education. Philosophical-pedagogical basic lines for education and teaching. Braumüller, Vienna ( digitized 3rd edition 1877 )
- German Poetics (Stuttgart 1882–84, 3 vols.).
- Complete directory of the Paulines from summer 1822 to summer 1938, Leipzig 1938, page 35
- Carl Spielmann: Beyers short biogram in: Fritz Abshoff: Bildende Geister , Oestergaard, Berlin Charlottenburg 1905, pp. 16-17
- Eugen Lennhoff / Oskar Posner: Internationales Freemaurerlexikon, Zurich a. a .: Amalthea 1932, Col. 174.
- Literature by and about Konrad Beyer in the catalog of the German National Library
- Works by Konrad Beyer on Digitale-sammlungen.de
- Extended biography at Thorsten-Reiss-Verlag
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Beyer, Conrad; Byr, Conrad (pseudonym); Beyer-Boppard, Conrad (pseudonym); Boppard Beyer, Conrad; Byr, Konrad (pseudonym); Bayer, Conrad|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German poet and writer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 13, 1834|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Pommersfelden|
|DATE OF DEATH||March 17, 1906|
|Place of death||Mainz|