Calendar overview 1822
Congress of Verona
resolving Holy Alliance an intervention in Spain .
|Agustín de Itúrbide becomes the first emperor of Mexico .||rosette stone enables Jean Francois Champollion to translate the hieroglyphs .|
|1822 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||1270/71 (turn of the year July)|
|Ethiopian calendar||1814/15 (September 10-11)|
|Bengali solar calendar||1227/28 (beginning of April 14th or 15th)|
|Buddhist calendar||2365/66 (southern Buddhism); 2364/65 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||75th (76th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||1184/85 (turn of the year April)|
|Dangun era (Korea)||4155/56 (October 2/3)|
|Islamic calendar||1237/1238 (turn of the year 17th / 18th September)|
|Jewish calendar||5582/83 (September 15/16)|
|Coptic calendar||1538/39 (September 10-11)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 2132/33 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 2133/34 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1878/79 (April)|
Politics and world events
- January 1st : The National Congress in Epidaurus proclaims the independence of the Hellenic people from the Ottoman Empire .
- January 26th : In their struggle for independence , the Greeks succeed in taking the strategically important mountain fortress of Acrocorinth . After negotiations with the rebels, the Turkish fortress garrison withdraws without a fight.
- February 5 : Ali Pascha Tepelena , who ruled large parts of Albania and Greece , was killed after several months of siege at his fortress at a meeting with envoys of the Ottoman Minister of War . Ali Pasha had made a pact with the insurgents in the Greek Revolution and was accused of infidelity by the Sultan .
- April 11th : An Ottoman fleet lands on the island of Chios in the Aegean Sea and massacres the Greek inhabitants. The greater part of the residents are deported into slavery . The massacre is a reaction to the struggle for independence of all Greeks .
- June 19 : In the Greek struggle for freedom , Konstantin Kanaris destroys part of the Ottoman fleet in the Chios Canal with two fires . The Kapudan Pascha Kara-Ali and 3,000 of his people are killed in this action.
Spain / Verona Congress
- October 20 : The beginning Verona Congress of the Great Powers deals with the political situation in Europe, primarily with an intervention in Spain by the Trienio Liberal .
- November 22 : After escaping the Regencia de Urgel close to the border Puigcerdà due to the defeat of the royalist troops in Spain is at the Congress of Verona in a secret treaty of the European powers, the French invasion of Spain to end the resulting republican conditions agreed.
- December 14th : The Verona Congress ends in Verona , the last meeting of the monarchs of major European powers within the framework of the Holy Alliance .
United States of America
- The Congress of the United States sets East and West Florida to the Florida Territory together. William Pope Duval is appointed first governor of the territory on April 17th . A conflict quickly arises with the Seminoles who live here .
- 4. bis 6. November : Joseph C. Yates wins gubernatorial election in New York .
- February 9 : Under its President Jean-Pierre Boyer, Haiti annexes the proclaimed neighboring Independent State of Spanish Haiti , a short-lived forerunner of the Dominican Republic , on the island of Hispaniola .
- May 19 : After the disinterest of European royal families, who take the colonial power Spain , which rejects the Treaty of Cordoba , into consideration, Agustín de Itúrbide is elected as the first emperor of Mexico by the Regency Council.
- May 24th : Defeat of Spanish troops on the South American volcano Pichincha . Ecuador becomes independent and joins Greater Colombia .
- July 21 : Augustine I becomes Emperor of Mexico .
Brazil / Portugal
- September 7th : Brazil declares itself independent from Portugal .
- October 1st : King John VI, who returned from exile in Brazil . takes the oath on the liberal constitution passed by Parliament ( Cortes ), which makes Portugal a constitutional monarchy.
- January: Construction of Macquarie Harbor penal colony begins.
- February 2 : The Stadtsparkasse Augsburg starts its business operations on the day of light measurement as the Augsburg savings bank with interest .
- March 9th : The first patent is granted for dentures . The New Yorker Charles M. Graham received it for the improved structure of artificial teeth that he invented.
- June 12 : The Frankfurter Sparkasse from 1822 is founded.
- September 24th : The shipping company Van Vollenhoven, Dutilh & Co. is founded in Rotterdam . The regular traffic of steamers in the history of passenger shipping on the Rhine begins with it .
- December 15 : The Hanseatic trading frigate Mentor from Bremen sets out on behalf of the Prussian sea trading company on the first circumnavigation of the world by a German ship.
science and technology
- September 27th : The French scholar Jean Francois Champollion announces that he used the Rosetta Stone to reveal the secret of the ancient Egyptian script, the hieroglyphs .
- Charles Babbage builds his difference machine .
- Foundation of the Society of German Natural Scientists and Doctors and the Schaffhausen Natural Research Society
- The effectiveness of sunlight in the treatment of rickets (using a "sun cure") is discovered, but the link to vitamin D was not known. The excellent effectiveness of cod liver oil against this disease was only discovered two years later ( 1824 ) by German scientists.
- The French engineer and naval artilleryman Henri Joseph Paixhans invents the bomb cannon .
- February 21 : The world premiere of the comic opera Le Petit souper by Victor Dourlen takes place at the Opéra-Comique in Paris.
- The first book in Faroese is published: Færøske Kvæder om Sigurd Fofnersbane og hans Æt by Hans Christian Lyngbye . It has a Danish title because it also contains a translation of the ballad poetry collected here .
- Caspar David Friedrich paints the picture Woman in the Window , which shows his wife Christiane. In the same year he also made the paintings Moonrise by the Sea and Village Landscape with Morning Illumination .
- The first volume of Giacomo Casanova's memoir, The Story of My Life, is published by the Leipzig publishing house FA Brockhaus .
- September 11th : The Catholic Church announces through the Congregation of the Roman and General Inquisition that the doctrine about the heliocentric worldview may be spread in general.
- Foundation of the Lyon Mission Association .
- February 5 : At least 1,600 people died when the Chinese junk Tek Sing ("True Star") sank. Only about 200 people are rescued by another junk and a British merchant ship. The junk's valuable porcelain cargo is also lost.
- March 11th / 12th : The North Sea experiences a severe hurricane that even pushes the water out of the Thames, so that finds can be salvaged in its bed. During the storm, the Danish galeas Gottfried sinks with valuable cargo off Cuxhaven.
- May 26 : 116 people die in the fire in the stave church in Grue , Norway , during high mass on the first day of Pentecost. Pastor Iver Hesselberg is one of the few survivors .
- October 8 : The volcanic eruption of Gunung Galunggung begins on Java , killing 4011 people by the end of its multi-day activity.
- August 10 : The first horse race is held in Doberan , Mecklenburg , presumably the first on the European continent.
- January 2 : Rudolf Clausius , German physicist († 1888 )
- January 2 : William E. Simms , American politician († 1898 )
- January 4 : Georg Büchmann , German philologist († 1884 )
- January 5 : Joseph Brevard Kershaw , officer in the United States Army, lawyer, politician and major general in the Confederate Army († 1894 )
- January 6 : Heinrich Schliemann , German archaeologist († 1890 )
- January 7th : Theodor Aufrecht , Indologist and Sanskritist († 1907 )
- January 8 : Alfredo Piatti , Italian cello virtuoso and composer († 1901 )
- January 12 : Étienne Lenoir , French inventor and businessman († 1900 )
- January 16 : Adelbert Delbrück , German entrepreneur and banker († 1890 )
- January 16 : Henri d'Orléans, duc d'Aumale , French general, historian and art collector († 1897 )
- January 18 : Reinold Aßmann , German lawyer and politician († 1917 )
- January 19 : Joseph Gottsleben , owner of a book printer and newspaper publisher in Mainz († 1888 )
- January 23 : Heinrich Brunn , German archaeologist († 1894 )
- January 27 : Adam Trabert , German writer and lawyer († 1914 )
- January 27 : Max Wirth , national economist († 1900 )
- January 28 : Alexander Mackenzie , Canadian politician and Prime Minister († 1892 )
- February 8 : Maxime Du Camp , French writer († 1894 )
- February 8 : Robert Ludwell Yates Peyton , American politician († 1863 )
- February 13 : James B. Beck , American politician († 1890 )
- February 16 : James Patton Anderson , American major general († 1872 )
- February 16 : Francis Galton , British naturalist and writer († 1911 )
- February 17th : Srpuhi Nschan Kalfayan , founder of the Armenian order († 1889 )
- February 17 : Georg Weerth , German businessman and writer († 1856 )
- February 18 : Georg Oechsner , German politician († 1895 )
- February 21 : Ludwig Beckmann , German painter († 1902 )
- February 22nd : Adolf Kussmaul , German doctor and medical researcher († 1902 )
- February 25 : Wilhelm Amberg , German genre painter († 1899 )
- February 25 : Lev Alexandrovich Mei , Russian poet († 1862 )
- February 26 : Franz Joseph Strauss , German horn player and composer († 1905 )
- February : Edward Mounier Boxer , British officer and inventor in the field of weapons technology († 1898 )
- March 2 : Eduard von Jachmann , German Vice Admiral († 1887 )
- March 3 : Bernhard Hammer , Swiss politician († 1907 )
- March 4 : Jules Antoine Lissajous , French physicist († 1880 )
- March 7th : Adolf Foglár , Austrian lawyer and writer († 1900 )
- March 7th : Louis Ulbach , French writer and journalist († 1889 )
- March 8 : Ignacy Łukasiewicz , Polish chemist, pharmacist and inventor († 1882 )
- March 11 : Joseph Bertrand , French mathematician and educator († 1900 )
- March 13 : Moritz Graf von Strachwitz , ballad poet († 1847 )
- March 14 : Teresa Maria Cristina of Naples-Sicily , Princess of Bourbon and Naples-Sicily († 1889 )
- March 16 : Rosa Bonheur , French painter († 1899 )
- March 17 : Muhammad Said , Khedive of Egypt († 1863 )
- March 20 : Karl Braun , German politician, supporter of free trade († 1893 )
- March 22nd : Isaäc Dignus Fransen van de Putte , Dutch statesman († 1902 )
- March 23 : Justus Wilhelm Lyra , German pastor and song writer († 1882 )
- March 29 : Eduard von Hallberger , German publisher and bookseller († 1880 )
- March 31 : Dmitri Wassiljewitsch Grigorowitsch , Russian writer († 1900 )
- March : Ahmed Cevdet Pascha , Ottoman statesman, historian and legal scholar († 1895 )
- April 1 : Hector Giacomelli , French draftsman and illustrator († 1904 )
- April 1 : Augustus Charles Hobart , British-Turkish admiral († 1886 )
- April 2 : Luis Sáenz Peña , Argentine lawyer and politician († 1907 )
- April 5 : Paolo Ferrari , Italian comedy poet († 1889 )
- April 7 : Carl Brockhaus , German theologian († 1899 )
- April 8 : George R. Dennis , American politician († 1882 )
- April 9 : George Washborne Morgan , American organist and composer († 1892 )
- April 16 : Karl Theodor Robert Luther , German astronomer († 1900 )
- April 18 : August Petermann , geographer and cartographer († 1878 )
- April 20 : Joel Funk Asper , American politician († 1872 )
- April 20 : Auguste Jauch , German philanthropist († 1902 )
- April 21 : Friedrich Heinrich Thielo Apel , German politician († 1860 )
- April 21 : Hannibal Goodwin , American clergyman and inventor († 1900 )
- April 25 : Max Maria von Weber , Saxon Railway Director († 1881 )
- April 26th : Maria Karolina Augusta of Naples-Sicily , Princess of Bourbon and Naples-Sicily († 1869 )
- April 27 : Ulysses S. Grant , American politician, 18th President of the USA († 1885 )
- April 27 : Peregrin Teuschl , Austro-Hungarian master stonemason († 1870)
- May 1st : Julius von Haast , German geologist, naturalist and explorer († 1887 )
- May 10 : August von Pettenkofen , Austrian painter and illustrator († 1889 )
- May 13 : Francis of Assisi , King Consort of Isabella II († 1902 )
- May 15 : Leopold Kompert , Bohemian writer († 1886 )
- May 16 : Karl Alexander von Burchtorff , Upper Franconian District President († 1894 )
- May 17 : Edward Armitage , English botanist († 1906 )
- May 20 : Aristide Hignard , French composer († 1898 )
- May 20 : Frédéric Passy , French Nobel Peace Prize laureate and politician († 1912 )
- May 25 : Heinrich Keil , German classical philologist († 1894 )
- May 26 : Auguste Mathilde Wilhelmine , Grand Duchess of Mecklenburg († 1862 )
- May 26 : Edmond de Goncourt , French writer († 1896 )
- May 27 : Joachim Raff , Swiss composer († 1882 )
- May 31 : Edward Dembowski , Polish philosopher, publicist and revolutionary († 1846 )
- June 3 : Adelheid of Austria , Queen of Sardinia († 1855 )
- June 4 : Heinrich Pröhle , German teacher and writer († 1895 )
- June 6 : Cesare Ricotti-Magnani , Italian general († 1917 )
- June 8 : János Czecz , Austrian military technician, officer and Hungarian freedom fighter († 1904 )
- June 13 : Carl Ernst Heinrich Schmidt , Russian chemist and doctor († 1894 )
- June 16 : Johan Fredrik Eckersberg , Norwegian painter of national romanticism († 1870 )
- June 27 : Torkel Halvorsen Aschehoug , Norwegian legal scholar and politician († 1909 )
- July 2 : Niels Christopher Winther , Faroese lawyer, politician and author († 1892 )
- July 8 : Friedrich Kaulbach , German painter († 1903 )
- July 15 : Pierre-Victor Galland , French painter († 1892 )
- July 20 : Johann Gregor Mendel , Austrian monk and naturalist († 1884 )
- July 22nd : Josef Haltrich , Saxon teacher, pastor and folklorist († 1886 )
- July 22nd : Luigi Arditi , Italian musician and composer († 1903 )
- July 22 : Hamilton Prioleau Bee , politician and brigadier general in the Confederate Army in the Civil War († 1897 )
- July 24th : Adolf Overweg , German astronomer, geologist and Africa researcher († 1852 )
- July 26 : Jakob Dubs , Swiss politician († 1879 )
- July 30 : James PT Carter , American politician († 1869 )
- August 5 : Johann Georg Herzog , German organist, composer and university professor († 1909 )
- August 7 : Samuel Merrill , American politician († 1899 )
- August 13 : Heinrich Louis d'Arrest , German-Danish astronomer in Berlin, Leipzig and Copenhagen († 1875 )
- August 14 : James William Marshall , American politician († 1910 )
- August 15 : James E. Bailey , American politician († 1885 )
- August 15 : Wilhelm Rust , German composer and musicologist († 1892 )
- August 22 : George Stoneman , American politician († 1894 )
- August 23 : Peter le Page Renouf , English Egyptologist († 1897 )
- August 25 : Albrecht Wolters , German theologian († 1878 )
- August 27 : Eduard Bruna , Czech philosopher and professor († 1899 )
- August 27 : William Hayden English , American politician († 1896 )
- August 30 : Jost Schiffmann , Swiss painter, museum director and preservationist († 1883 )
- September 8th : Karl von Ditmar , German Baltic explorer and naturalist († 1892 )
- September 8 : Nicolas Félix Deltour , French writer († 1904 )
- September 10 : Gisle Johnson , Norwegian theologian († 1894 )
- September 10 : John Adams Whipple , American inventor and pioneer of photography († 1891 )
- September 11th : Heinrich Adolph Meyer , German marine researcher and manufacturer († 1889 )
- September 11 : Olga Nikolajewna Romanowa , Queen of Württemberg († 1892 )
- September 12 : Josef Franz von Weckert , Bishop of Passau († 1889 )
- September 17 : Cornelius Cole , American politician († 1924 )
- September 18 : Ernst Förstemann , German archivist, librarian and historian († 1906 )
- September 18 : August Nauck , German classical philologist († 1892 )
- September 19 : Otto von Büren , Swiss politician († 1888 )
- September 19 : Joseph R. West , American politician and general in the Civil War († 1898 )
- September 20 : Peter Mitterhofer , carpenter; the invention of the typewriter is wrongly attributed to him († 1893 )
- October 3 : Jaromir Mundy , physician and founding member of the "Vienna Voluntary Rescue Society" († 1894 )
- October 4 : Rutherford B. Hayes , American politician, 19th President of the USA († 1893 )
- October 7 : Rudolf Leuckart , German zoologist and founder of parasitology († 1898 )
- October 9 : Onno Klopp , publicist and historian († 1903 )
- October 15 : Kornél Ábrányi , Hungarian pianist, writer, music theorist and composer († 1903 )
- October 15 : Karl Gayer , German forest scientist († 1907 )
- October 18 : Midhat Pasha , Grand Vizier of the Ottoman Empire († 1884 )
- October 21 : Adolph Strecker , German chemist († 1871 )
- October 29 : Karl Helmerding , German local actor († 1899 )
- October 29 : Mieczyslaw Halka Ledóchowski , Cardinal and Archbishop of Gniezno († 1902 )
- November 13 : Jean Thibaudin , French general († 1905 )
- November 15 : Hugo Barthelme , German painter († 1895 )
- November 16 : Friedrich Küchler , provincial director of Rheinhessen, honorary citizen of Mainz († 1898 )
- November 28 : George E. Pugh , American politician († 1876 )
- November 30th : Wilhelm Kergel , Austrian classical philologist († 1891 )
- December 1 : Red Cloud , leader of the Bad Faces (Ite Sica), a militant group of the Oglala Lakota Indians († 1909 )
- December 3 : Korla Awgust Kocor , Sorbian composer († 1904 )
- December 4 : Georg Christian Dieffenbach , German pastor and poet († 1901 )
- December 4 : Carl Heinrich Hübler , German horn player and composer († 1893 )
- December 4 : Johan Adam Wijnne , Dutch historian († 1899 )
- December 5 : Elizabeth Cabot Agassiz , American educator and naturalist († 1907 )
- December 6 : Pyotr Semjonowitsch Wannowski , Russian officer and statesman († 1904 )
- December 10 : César Franck , French composer († 1890 )
- December 11 : Karl Heinrich von Weizsäcker , Protestant theologian († 1899 )
- December 12th : Johann Anton Wilhelm von Carstenn , businessman, entrepreneur and town planner († 1896 )
- December 12 : Frederick A. Sawyer , American politician († 1891 )
- December 22nd : Agnes von Auer , German writer († 1902 )
- December 22 : Charles Lebouc , French cellist († 1893 )
- December 23 : Wilhelm Bauer , German engineer († 1875 )
- December 24 : Charles Hermite , French mathematician († 1901 )
- December 24th : Matthew Arnold , English poet and cultural critic († 1888 )
- December 27 : Louis Pasteur , French microbiologist (pasteurization) († 1895 )
- December 29 : Bertha Unzelmann , German actress († 1858 )
- December 30 : Karel Leopold Klaudy , Czech lawyer and politician († 1894 )
Exact date of birth unknown
- Ali Reza Khan Azod al Molk , Regent of Iran († 1910 )
- Giovanni Corsi , Italian opera singer († 1890 )
- Red Horse , Indian chief of the Minneconjou-Lakota-Sioux († 1907 )
January to April
- January 3 : Johann Christian von Mannlich , German court painter and general building director (* 1741 )
- January 5 : Albrecht Georg Walch , German educator (* 1736 )
- January 10 : Bathilde d'Orléans , Princess of Condé (* 1750 )
- January 12th : Johann Gottlob Theaenus Schneider , German classical philologist, natural scientist and lexicographer (* 1750 )
- January 14th : Franz Kobell , German painter (* 1749 )
- January 15 : Christian Gottlieb Bergmann , German lawyer and mayor of Zittau (* 1734 )
- January 19 : James Garrard , American politician (* 1749 )
- January 31 : Rudolf Schadow , German sculptor (* 1786 )
- February 4th : Jean-Baptiste-Cyruse de Timbrune , French general (* 1757 )
- February 5 : Joseph Marius von Babo , German writer (* 1756 )
- February 5 : Jeremiah Brown Howell , American politician (* 1771 )
- February 5 : Tepedelenli Ali Pascha , Ottoman Pasha, ruled large parts of Albania and Greece (* 1741 )
- February 10 : Albert Kasimir von Sachsen-Teschen , art patron (* 1738 )
- February 19 : Christian Gottfried Friedrich Assmann , German economist and camera scientist (* 1752 )
- February 23 : Johann Matthäus Bechstein , German naturalist, forest scientist and ornithologist (* 1757 )
- February 24 : Friedrich Johann Jacobsen , lawyer (* 1774 )
- February 27 : Shikitei Samba , Japanese writer (* 1776 )
- March 2 : Hermann Uber , German composer and Kreuzkantor (* 1781 )
- March 3 : Franz Anton von Zauner , Austrian sculptor (* 1746 )
- March 4 : Anton Anreith , German sculptor (* 1754 )
- March 7th : Carlo Canobbio , Italian composer and violinist (* 1741 )
- March 9 : Edward Daniel Clarke , English mineralogist (* 1769 )
- March 15 : Anton Adner , Bavarian peddler and at 117 years of age the oldest known Bavarian (* 1705 )
- March 19 : Józef Wybicki , Polish politician and writer (* 1747 )
- March 26 : Theodor Grotthuss , Latvian physicist and chemist (* 1785 )
- March 29 : Johann Wilhelm Häßler , German composer and organist (* 1747 )
- March 31 : Leonhard Johann Bertholdt , German Protestant theologian and university professor (* 1774 )
- April 3 : Friedrich Justin Bertuch , German entrepreneur and patron (* 1747 )
- April 10 : Antoine-Joseph-Eulalie de Beaumont d'Autichamp , French general (* 1744 )
- April 11 : Friedrich Wilhelm Hermann , German lawyer (* 1774 )
- April 14 : Friedrich Ernst Jester , German forester and author (* 1743 )
- April 16 : John Collins , American politician (* 1776 )
- April 16 : Allan B. Magruder , American politician (* 1775 )
- April 19 : Franz II. Xaver von Salm-Reifferscheidt-Krautheim , Prince-Bishop of Gurk and Cardinal (* 1749 )
- April 22nd : William Jones , American politician (* 1753 )
May to August
- May 5 : Schack Hermann Ewald , German court official and publicist (* 1745 )
- May 7th : Johann Emanuel Samuel Uhlig , stocking weaver and organist (* 1749 )
- May 8 : John Stark , American general in the War of Independence (* 1728 )
- May 10 : Roch-Ambroise Cucurron Sicard , French clergyman and "deaf and dumb" teacher (* 1742 )
- May 14 : Moritz von Prittwitz , Prussian lieutenant general and landowner (* 1747 )
- May 16 : Johann Bonaventura Andres , German Jesuit priest, pedagogue, university professor and writer (* 1743 )
- May 17 : Emil Leopold August , Duke of Saxe-Gotha-Altenburg (* 1772 )
- May 17 : Armand Emmanuel du Plessis, Duke of Richelieu , French statesman (* 1766 )
- June 3 : René-Just Haüy , French mineralogist (* 1743 )
- June 7th : Abdón Calderón , hero in Ecuador's struggle for independence against Spain (* 1804 )
- June 15 : Andreas Ludwig Krüger , German architect and engraver (* 1743 )
- June 25 : ETA Hoffmann , German romantic (* 1776 )
- June 29 : Johann Christian Gottlieb Wernsdorf , German university professor and philosopher (* 1755 )
- July 8 : Percy Bysshe Shelley , British writer (* 1792 )
- July 23 : Hieronymus von Colloredo , Austrian general (* 1775 )
- July 25th : Ignác Cornova , Italian priest, historian, educator and poet (* 1740 )
- August 4th : Kristian Jaak Peterson , Estonian poet (* 1801 )
- August 8 : William Logan , American politician (* 1776 )
- August 12 : Robert Stewart, 2nd Marquess of Londonderry , English statesman (* 1769 )
- August 13 : Jean-Robert Argand , Swiss bookseller and amateur mathematician (* 1768 )
- August 16 : Johann Adam Freiherr von Aretin , Bavarian politician (* 1769 )
- August 19 : Jean-Baptiste Joseph Delambre , French astronomer (* 1749 )
September to December
- September 2 : Abbondio Bernasconi , Swiss politician (* 1757 )
- September 4th : Francisco Javier de Elío , Spanish officer, governor of Montevideo and last viceroy of the Río de la Plata (* 1767 )
- September 8 : Josef Karel Ambrož , Bohemian tenor and composer (* 1759 )
- September 17 : Louise Brachmann , German writer (* 1777 )
- September 24th : Achille Etna Michallon , French landscape painter (* 1796 )
- September 25 : Jenkin Whiteside , American politician (* 1772 )
- September 27th : Johann Gotthelf Leberecht Abel , German doctor and art collector (* 1749 )
- October 1 : Dietrich Joachim Theodor Cunze , German Protestant clergyman, educator and historian (* 1760 )
- October 13 : Antonio Canova , Italian sculptor (* 1757 )
- October 18 : James Sykes , American politician (* 1761 )
- October 25 : Antal Csermák , Hungarian composer (* 1774 )
- October 25 : James Sowerby , British naturalist and painter (* 1757 )
- October 29 : Dirk van Hogendorp , Dutch general and statesman (* 1761 )
- October 31 : Peter Puget , British navigator (* 1765 )
- November 6th : Claude-Louis Berthollet , French chemist and doctor (* 1748 )
- November 18 : George K. Jackson , American composer (* 1745 )
- November 19 : Heinrich Maria Graf , German Roman Catholic clergyman and politician (* 1758 )
- November 19 : Johann Georg Tralles , mathematician and physicist (* 1763 )
- November 19 : Manuel Fernandes Tomás , Portuguese lawyer and statesman (* 1771 )
- November 26 : Karl August von Hardenberg , Prussian statesman (* 1750 )
- November 27 : John Drayton , American politician (* 1766 )
- December 4 : Friedrich von Schlichtegroll , Mozart's biographer, philologist, numismatist and archaeologist (* 1765 )
- December 8 : Saul Ascher , German writer (* 1767 )
- December 8 : Michael Leib , American politician (* 1760 )
- December 13 : Tommaso Conca , Italian painter (* 1734 )