Calendar overview 1820
|Daoguang becomes Emperor of the Qing Dynasty in China .|
George IV becomes
King of Great Britain .
|Charles-Ferdinand de Bourbon, duc de Berry is murdered by Pierre Louis Louvel .|
|1820 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||1268/69 (turn of the year July)|
|Ethiopian calendar||1812/13 (September 10-11)|
|Bengali solar calendar||1225/26 (beginning of April 14th or 15th)|
|Buddhist calendar||2363/64 (southern Buddhism); 2362/63 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||75th (76th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||1182/83 (turn of the year April)|
|Dangun era (Korea)||4153/54 (October 2/3)|
|Islamic calendar||1235/1236 (turn of the year 8/9 October)|
|Jewish calendar||5580/81 (September 8/9)|
|Coptic calendar||1536/37 (September 10-11)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 2130/31 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 2131/32 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1876/77 (April)|
Politics and world events
- January 1st : Spain becomes a constitutional monarchy after a coup d'état. The Trienio Liberal begins. On March 9th, the Junta Provisional Gubernativa is formed.
- January 29 : Change of throne in Great Britain. On George III. follows his son Georg IV, who has been regent for his sick father since 1811.
- February 13 : Charles-Ferdinand de Bourbon, duc de Berry , is stabbed by Pierre Louis Louvel after visiting the Paris Opera . The victim dies the next day. Before the Court of Justice of the Chamber of Peers, Louvel declares on June 5 that it was not a personal insult, but rather bitterness over the Restoration that led him to murder a member of the House of Bourbon . He is on June 7 by the guillotine executed.
- March 23rd : In the Prussian province of Saxony , gymnastics at schools and universities is banned for political reasons.
- May 15 : In Vienna end the discussions on the basics of the German Bundestag , in the Vienna Final Act are summarized.
- June 8 : The Vienna Final Act comes into force as an equivalent second Federal Basic Law alongside the Federal Act .
- August 24th : A revolt of officers breaks out in Porto . The Liberal Revolution in Portugal aims at the return of King John VI, who resides in Brazil . , the creation of a constitutional monarchy and the removal of resident British military personnel.
- October 20 : The Troppau Prince Congress begins, at which the major European powers want to find a rule of conduct for the germination of republican ideas in monarchies. Revolutionary developments in the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies make this question acute.
- November 19 : At the Troppau Prince Congress , Tsar Alexander I , Emperor Franz I of Austria and Prussia's Crown Prince Friedrich Wilhelm agree to intervene to fight republican rebellions in European states. The United Kingdom , which is participating in the congress, protests against it and does not sign it.
- December 21 : The Grand Duchy of Hesse receives a constitution .
- March 5 : The Missouri Compromise of Henry Clay is the 16th United States Congress ratified. It regulates the issue of territorial expansion of slavery in the United States for the next 30 years . It is signed by President James Monroe on March 6th .
- March 15 : In order to guarantee a tie between slave-holding and slave-free states in the event of Missouri's admission to the Union, Maine is separated from Massachusetts and admitted as the 23rd state in the United States .
- April: DeWitt Clinton wins New York gubernatorial election .
- The United States Census 1820 , the fourth census in the United States since 1790 , shows a population of 9,638,453 as of August 7th , of whom 1,538,022 were slaves.
- November 1 to December 6 : incumbent President James Monroe is the only candidate to win the US presidential election . Foreign Secretary John Quincy Adams , who did not run at all, had one electoral vote .
- The pemmican war ends.
- February 1 : The battle of Cepeda decides the Argentine civil war in favor of the federalists over the Unitarians.
- February 23 : In the Argentine city of Pilar is the Treaty of Pilar signed. It is considered the basis for the federalist organization of the country.
- Guatemala . Bloody suppression of an Indian revolt
Other events worldwide
- January 28th : Captain Fabian Gottlieb von Bellingshausen , who is in Russian service, is believed to be the first person to see the Antarctic .
- October 3 : Daoguang becomes Emperor of China .
- Establishment of Khartoum
- The negotiations on a South German customs union begin.
- The Amsterdam exchange bank closes its doors.
- The analectic magazine is set.
science and technology
- October 20th : The Royal Observatory, Cape of Good Hope , is established by a resolution of King George IV of the British Board of Longitude .
- Joseph Louis Gay-Lussac discovered the independence of the specific heat from the volume of the gases .
- In his experiments, Hans Christian Ørsted recognizes the deflection of a magnetic needle by an electric current .
- April 8 : Farmer Giorgios Kentrotas finds Venus de Milo on the Aegean island of Milos while searching for building materials .
- The French painter Jean-Auguste-Dominique Ingres produced the history painting Christ gives Peter the keys of paradise in oil on canvas for the Santissima Trinità dei Monti convent in Rome .
- March 15 : Washington Irving's tale The Legend of Sleepy Hollow , which is considered one of the first short stories in American literature , appears for the first time in New York as part of the sixth single issue of his sketch book .
- November 20 : The American whaling ship Essex is sunk by a sperm whale . Reports of the accident are mainly provided by the diaries and subsequent transcripts of First Mate Owen Chase and the cabin boy Thomas Nickerson . The incident is the historical template for the novel Moby Dick by Herman Melville .
- The Royal Society of Literature is founded in London by Thomas Burgess , who also becomes the first president.
Music and theater
- January 27 : The world premiere of the comic opera Die Schäferin as noble lady by Daniel-François-Esprit Auber takes place at the Opéra-Comique in Paris .
- June 14 : The world premiere of the Singspiel Die Zwillingsbrüder by Franz Schubert based on the libretto by Georg von Hofmann takes place at the Theater am Kärntnertor in Vienna .
- August 3rd : On the occasion of the birthday of King Friedrich Wilhelm III. the premiere of the song Borussia takes place in the Royal Opera Berlin . In the same year it was decreed as the Prussian national anthem and from then on it was sung in all schools and at patriotic festivities.
- August 19 : The premiere of the melodrama Die Zauberharfe by Franz Schubert based on a text by Georg von Hofmann takes place at the Theater an der Wien near Vienna.
- December 26 : Fedra , an opera in two acts by Johann Simon Mayr based on the libretto by Luigi Romanelli , is premiered at La Scala in Milan .
- May 31 : In Geneva, Mademoiselle Garnier's elephant , part of a traveling menagerie , is killed with a cannon shot at the request of its owner.
- July 14th : The Rocky Mountains mountain Pikes Peak in Colorado is climbed first by the botanist Edwin James and two companions.
- August 27 : Josef Naus and his two companions are the first people on the Zugspitze . They perform surveying tasks on the mountain .
- January 9 : Pavel Křížkovský , Czech composer († 1885 )
- January 10 : Neville Bowles Chamberlain , British Field Marshal († 1902 )
- January 12 : Enrico Cosenz , Italian general († 1898 )
- January 13 : Leopold Hoesch , German entrepreneur († 1899 )
- January 15 : Johann Ludwig Schneller , teacher and missionary († 1896 )
- January 16 : Johannes Rebmann , German missionary and Africa traveler († 1876 )
- January 17 : Anne Brontë , British writer († 1849 )
- January 18 : Thomas Joseph Hutchinson , British explorer and consul († 1885 )
- January 20 : Wilhelm Paul Corssen , German classical philologist and Etruscanologist († 1875 )
- January 20 : Anne Clough , British suffragette and principal of Newnham College († 1892 )
- January 21 : Egide Walschaerts , Belgian mechanical engineer († 1901 )
- January 22nd : Hermann Lingg , German poet († 1905 )
- January 24 : Henry J. Raymond , American journalist († 1869 )
- January 25 : Adalbert Heinrich Graf von Baudissin , German writer († 1871 )
- January 26 : Heinrich von Littrow , Austrian cartographer and writer († 1895 )
- January 29 : Carl Giskra , Austrian statesman († 1879 )
- January 31 : Francesco Corradini , Italian philologist († 1888 )
- February 3 : Auguste Nefftzer , French journalist († 1876 )
- February 3 : Elisha Kent Kane , American researcher, explorer and doctor († 1857 )
- February 4 : Božena Němcová , Czech writer († 1862 )
- February 8 : William T. Sherman , American general († 1891 )
- February 13 : Béla Kéler , Hungarian composer († 1882 )
- February 13 : Alwine Schroedter , German illustrator and painter († 1892 )
- February 15 : Susan B. Anthony , American suffragette († 1906 )
- February 17 : Elzéar-Alexandre Taschereau , Canadian Cardinal († 1898 )
- February 17 : Henri Vieuxtemps , Belgian composer († 1881 )
- February 23 : David Kalisch , German writer († 1872 )
- February 23 : Jakob Stämpfli , Swiss politician († 1879 )
- February 28 : John Tenniel , British illustrator († 1914 )
- March 1 : George Davis , American politician († 1896 )
- March 2 : Eduard Douwes Dekker , Dutch writer († 1887 )
- March 2 : Effingham Lawrence , American politician († 1878 )
- March 4 : Friedrich Jakob Dochnahl , German naturalist and pomologist († 1904 )
- March 4 : Ludwig von Henk , German Vice Admiral († 1894 )
- March 5 : August Siegert , German painter († 1883 )
- March 13 : Johann Nordmann , Austrian journalist and writer († 1887 )
- March 14 : Victor Emmanuel II , King of Sardinia-Piedmont and Italy († 1878 )
- March 16 : Enrico Tamberlik , Italian opera tenor († 1889 )
- March 20 : Alexandru Ioan Cuza , founder and first Prince of Romania († 1873 )
- March 21 : Horace Fairbanks , American politician († 1888 )
- March 21 : Siegfried Kapper , Czech writer, translator and doctor of Jewish origin († 1879 )
- March 23 : Arthur Seherr-Thoß , Prussian and Hungarian officer and politician († 1898 )
- March 24 : Alexandre Edmond Becquerel , French physicist († 1891 )
- March 24th : Fanny Crosby , American poet of sacred texts († 1915 )
- March 24 : George G. Wright , American politician († 1896 )
- March 26 : Julius Karl Arndt , German pastor and hymn poet († 1888 )
- March 27 : Edward Inglefield , British admiral and polar explorer († 1894 )
- March 27 : Elias David Sassoon , British-Chinese merchant and opium dealer († 1880 )
- March 28 : Édouard Batiste , French composer, organist and music teacher († 1876 )
- March 28 : Stephen Southmyd Fenn , American politician († 1892 )
- April 1 : James C. Freeman , American politician († 1885 )
- April 4 : Mkrtitsch Chrimjan , Armenian church leader, publicist and writer († 1907 )
- April 4 : Gustav von Schlör , Bavarian State Minister for Trade and Public Works († 1883 )
- April 4 : Peter Taugwalder , Swiss mountaineer and mountain guide († 1888 )
- April 6 : Nadar , French photographer, writer, draftsman and aeronaut († 1910 )
- April 7th : Amand Goegg , freedom fighter from Baden († 1897 )
- April 10 : Karl Gustav Ackermann , German politician († 1901 )
- April 11 : Hermann Knoblauch , German physicist († 1895 )
- April 15 : Armand Barthet , French poet († 1874 )
- April 17 : Johan Gottfried Conradi , Norwegian composer († 1896 )
- April 21 : Mathieu Auguste Geffroy , French historian († 1895 )
- April 22 : Karl Twesten , German politician and lawyer († 1870 )
- April 27 : Herbert Spencer , English philosopher and sociologist († 1903 )
- April 27 : Hermann Theodor Breithaupt , German geologist, engineer and patriot († 1885 )
- April 29 : Henry Watkins Allen , Governor of the US state Louisiana and Brigadier General of the Confederate Army in the Civil War († 1866 )
- May 2 : Robert Gerwig , German civil engineer († 1885 )
- May 3 : Vincenzo Vela , Swiss freedom fighter, artist and sculptor († 1891 )
- May 4 : John Whiteaker , American politician († 1902 )
- May 8 : Theodor Mattern , Berlin merchant and dye works owner († 1886 )
- May 9 : Willard Preble Hall , American politician († 1882 )
- May 12 : Josef Mánes , Czech painter and representative of Romanticism († 1871 )
- May 12 : Florence Nightingale , English nurse, pioneer of modern nursing († 1910 )
- May 17 : Sergei Solowjow , Russian historian († 1879 )
- May 17 : Louis St. Martin , American politician († 1893 )
- May 21 : Nikolai de Giers , Russian statesman († 1895 )
- May 23 : James Buchanan Eads , American engineer († 1887 )
- May 24th : Carl Ferdinand Appun , German naturalist and traveler († 1872 )
- May 26 : Hermann Brassert , Prussian lawyer and mining captain († 1901 )
- May 29 : Friedrich Bernhard Gustav von Arnim , Prussian politician († 1904 )
- June 2 : Adolf Rueff , German veterinarian († 1885 )
- June 2 : Willard Saulsbury , American lawyer and politician († 1892 )
- June 9 : Heinrich Emil Hartmeyer , German lawyer and publisher († 1902 )
- June 11 : Vincent Baron , French actor and sculptor († 1892 )
- June 13 : Julius Faucher , German journalist, free trader and Manchester liberal († 1878 )
- June 21 : Heinrich Bürgers , German journalist and member of the Reichstag († 1878 )
- June 23 : Friedrich Hermann Semmig , German writer and philosopher († 1897 )
- June 25 : Ludwig Binswanger , German doctor who worked in Switzerland († 1880 )
- June 27 : Hermann Abeken , German author and politician († 1854 )
- June 27th : Ignaz Pilat , Austrian gardener who helped design Central Park in New York († 1870 )
- July 2 : George Law Curry , American politician († 1878 )
- July 3 : Hugo Emil Schober , German agricultural scientist († 1882 )
- July 5 : Luke Pryor , American politician († 1900 )
- July 5 : William John Macquorn Rankine , British physicist and engineer († 1872 )
- July 8 : Otto Heyden , German painter († 1897 )
- July 11 : Friedrich Spiegel , German orientalist and expert on the Zendavesta († 1905 )
- July 14 : Sigismund Wilhelm Koelle , missionary and linguist († 1902 )
- July 15 : Charles Henry Hardin , American politician († 1892 )
- July 18 : Jacob Hart Ela , American politician († 1884 )
- July 22 : Oliver Mowat , Canadian politician († 1903 )
- July 24 : W. Jasper Blackburn , American politician († 1899 )
- July 26th : Maria Severa , Portuguese fado singer († 1846 )
- July 28 : Fyodor Radezki , Russian general († 1890 )
- August 2 : John Tyndall , Irish physicist († 1893 )
- August 3 : Luther Orlando Emerson , American composer († 1915 )
- August 4 : Pellegrino Artusi , Italian literary critic († 1911 )
- August 6 : Donald Smith, 1st Baron Strathcona and Mount Royal , Canadian entrepreneur, politician and diplomat († 1914 )
- August 6 : Louis Christiaan van Goudoever , Dutch physician († 1894 )
- August 8 : Julius Stern , German music teacher, conductor and composer († 1883 )
- August 9 : James H. Goss , American politician († 1886 )
- August 10 : Enoch Louis Lowe , American politician († 1892 )
- August 12 : Avdotja Jakowlewna Panajewa , Russian writer († 1893 )
- August 15 : Adolph von Pfretzschner , Bavarian politician († 1901 )
- August 26 : Bernhard Anemüller , German historian, archivist and librarian († 1896 )
- August 26 : James Harlan , American politician († 1899 )
- August 26 : Wilhelm Oechelhäuser , secret councilor and general director († 1902 )
- August 29 : Otto Spamer , bookseller and publisher († 1886 )
- August 30 : George Frederick Root , American composer and music teacher († 1895 )
- August 30 : Hardin Richard Runnels , American politician († 1873 )
- August 30 : William Paine Sheffield , American politician († 1907 )
- September 3 : George Hearst , American mining magnate and senator († 1891 )
- September 5 : Georg Vierling , German composer († 1901 )
- September 8 : William Thomas Hamilton , American politician († 1888 )
- September 14 : Václav Levý , Czech sculptor († 1870 )
- September 15 : Hermann Becker (DFP), German politician († 1885 )
- September 17 : Émile Augier , French playwright († 1889 )
- September 17 : Earl Van Dorn , American general († 1863 )
- September 23 : Engelbert Lanz , Austrian composer and music teacher († 1904 )
- September 27 : Wilhelm Siegmund Teuffel , German classical philologist († 1878 )
- September 29 : Johan Andersson , Swedish bishop († 1894 )
- September 29 : David Clopton , American politician († 1892 )
- September 29 : Henry V , French (titular) king († 1883 )
- October 1 : Ludwig Meyn , German agricultural scientist († 1878 )
- October 4 : Joseph Maximilian von Maillinger , Bavarian General and Minister of War († 1901 )
- October 6 : Jenny Lind , Swedish singer († 1887 )
- October 10 : Johann Heinrich Ammann , Swiss lawyer and politician († 1867 )
- October 13 : Hans von Raumer , German politician, member of the Frankfurt National Assembly († 1851 )
- October 17 : Édouard Albert Roche , French mathematician († 1883 )
- October 18 : Samuel Benton , Brigadier General of the Army of the Confederate States of America in the Civil War († 1864 )
- October 23 : Carl Feer-Herzog , Swiss politician, entrepreneur and railway pioneer († 1880 )
- October 24 : Eugène Fromentin , French writer, art critic and painter († 1876 )
- October 25 : Walter A. Burleigh , American politician († 1896 )
- November 3 : Anton Josef Gruscha , Cardinal and Archbishop of the Archdiocese of Vienna († 1911 )
- November 13 : Eugene Casserly , American politician († 1883 )
- November 14 : Edmond Membrée , French composer († 1882 )
- November 16 : Henri Duvernoy , French music teacher, organist and composer († 1906 )
- November 18 : James W. Abert , American engineer officer and cartographer († 1897 )
- November 21 : Enno Wilhelm Hektor , author of socially critical texts († 1874 )
- November 22nd : Angelo Panzini , Italian composer and music teacher († 1886 )
- November 24th : Hermann von Ramberg , Austrian general († 1899 )
- November 28 : Friedrich Engels , German philosopher, politician and military historian († 1895 )
- November 29 : Ferdinand von Herff , German-American doctor and surgeon († 1912 )
- November 29 : Ferenc Szoldatits , Hungarian painter († 1916 )
- December 3 : Albrecht Rudolf Rüetschi , Swiss Protestant clergyman and university professor († 1903 )
- December 8 : Rochus von Liliencron , Germanist and music historian († 1912 )
- December 8 : Carl Friedrich Werner Michael Waldhauer , German-Baltic ophthalmologist († 1899 )
- December 12 : James L. Pugh , American politician († 1907 )
- December 17th : Berthold v. Freydorf , Baden officer († 1878 )
- December 18 : Karl Becker , German painter and President of the Berlin Academy († 1900 )
- December 25 : Édouard Imer , French painter († 1881 )
- December 27th : Ignaz Reimann , German teacher, church musician and composer († 1885 )
- December 31 : Helene Demuth , housekeeper to Jenny and Karl Marx († 1890 )
Exact date of birth unknown
- Jakub Bek , ruler of the empire of Jetti-Schahr († 1877 )
- Jan Dobrzański , Polish journalist, revolutionary and theater director († 1885 )
- Adam Hamilton , English organist, conductor, violist and composer († 1907 )
- Vladimir Georgijewitsch Kastrioto-Skanderbek , Russian composer († 1879 )
First half of the year
- January 8 : Demasduit , Beothuk (* around 1796 )
- January 16 : Paul Wolfgang Merkel , businessman, politician and MdL (* 1756 )
- January 21 : Ambroise Marie François Joseph Palisot de Beauvois , French natural scientist (* 1752 )
- January 23rd : Edward, Duke of Kent , fourth son of King George III. (* 1767 )
- January 25 : Joseph Franz Weigl , Austrian cellist (* 1740 )
- January 28 : Ádam Pálóczi Horváth : Hungarian writer, folk song collector and composer (* 1760 )
- January 29th : George III. , British King and King of Hanover (* 1738 )
- January 30th : Josepha Barbara Auernhammer , Austrian pianist and composer (* 1758 )
- February 3 : Gia Long , founder and first emperor of the Vietnamese Nguyễn dynasty (* 1762 )
- February 5 : Tadeusz Brzozowski , order general of the Societas Jesu (* 1749 )
- February 7th : Zamor , French revolutionary of Bengali origin (* 1762 )
- February 10 : Anna Elisabeth Luise von Brandenburg-Schwedt , wife of Prince Ferdinand of Prussia (* 1738 )
- February 11 : Karl von Fischer , German architect (* 1782 )
- February 11 : Heinrich Johann Otto König , German lawyer and university professor (* 1748 )
- February 13 : Peleg Arnold , American lawyer and politician (* 1751 )
- February 14 : Charles Ferdinand de Bourbon , son of the later King Charles X (* 1778 )
- February 17th : Franz Regis Clet , missionary in China (* 1748 )
- February 23 : Alojzy Feliński , Polish writer (* 1771 )
- February 29 : Johann Joachim Eschenburg , German literary historian (* 1743 )
- March 7th : Ludwig Engelbert Marie Joseph Augustin , Duke of Arenberg, Aarschot and Meppen and Prince of Recklinghausen (* 1750 )
- March 8 : Jean-Melchior d'Abadie , French military (* 1748 )
- March 11 : Benjamin West , Anglo-American painter (* 1738 )
- March 12 : Alexander MacKenzie , British geographer and explorer (* 1764 )
- March 15 : Klemens Maria Hofbauer , preacher, patron saint of Vienna (* 1751 )
- March 21 : Carl Friedrich Ludwig Moritz von Isenburg-Birstein , Prince of Isenburg and Büdingen (* 1766 )
- March 22 : Stephen Decatur junior , American naval officer (* 1779 )
- March 26 : Charles Blagden , British physician and naturalist (* 1748 )
- March 27 : Gerhard von Kügelgen , German painter (* 1772 )
- March 28 : Josef Speckbacher , Tyrolean freedom fighter (* 1767 )
- March 29 : Salomé de Gélieu , Swiss pedagogue and educator (* 1742 )
- April 9 : Angelo Anelli , Italian librettist and writer (* 1761 )
- April 14 : Levi Lincoln , American lawyer and politician (* 1749 )
- April 25 : Constantin François Volney , French traveler and philosopher of history (* 1757 )
- April 25 : Johann Peter Bucher , German legal scholar (* 1740 )
- April 26 : Christian Zais , German architect (* 1770 )
- April 29 : Otto von Arnim , German government official (* 1785 )
- May 11 : Ursula Wolf-Zellweger , Swiss donor and benefactress (* 1735 )
- May 14 : Paul Struck , German composer (* 1776 )
- May 17 : Vincenzo Brenna , Italian-Russian architect and painter (* 1741 )
- May 20 : Karl Ludwig Sand , fraternity member and murderer of August von Kotzebue (* 1795 )
- May 21 : Jakob Moralt , German musician (* 1780 )
- May 29 : Christian Konrad Wilhelm von Dohm , Prussian diplomat and Enlightenment writer (* 1751 )
- June 1 : August Ferdinand Bernhardi , German linguist and writer (* 1769 )
- June 7th : Pierre Louis Louvel , assassin of Charles-Ferdinand, duc de Berry (* 1783 )
- June 9 : Wilhelmine von Lichtenau , lover of Friedrich Wilhelm II of Prussia (* 1752 )
- June 19 : Joseph Banks , English naturalist (* 1743 )
- June 20 : Manuel Belgrano , Argentine lawyer, politician and general (* 1770 )
- June 25 : Aaron Kitchell , American politician (* 1744 )
- June 30 : Sigismund Anton von Hohenwart , Prince Archbishop of the Archdiocese of Vienna (* 1730 )
Second half of the year
- July 2nd : Peter Dollond , English optician (* 1730 )
- July 6 : Franz Johann Joseph von Reilly , Austrian publisher and cartographer (* 1766 )
- July 11 : Frederick Traugott Pursh , German-Canadian botanist and gardener (* 1774 )
- July 30th : Ewald Georg von Massow , Prussian Minister of State and Governor for Silesia (* 1754 )
- August 7th : Elisa Bonaparte , sister of Napoleon Bonaparte (* 1777 )
- August 9 : Anders Sparrman , Swedish naturalist (* 1748 )
- August 11 : János Lavotta , Hungarian composer (* 1764 )
- August 11th : Peter Josef Cramer von Clausagh , official in Cologne (* 1752 )
- August 12th : Nathaniel Pearce , British adventurer, Africa traveler and travel writer (* 1779 )
- August 16 : Johann Georg Scheffner , German lawyer, writer and Freemason (* 1736 )
- August 27 : Christian Philipp Wolff , German sculptor, plasterer and master builder (* 1772 )
- September 2 : Jiaqing , Emperor of China (* 1760 )
- September 13 : Adelheid von Anhalt-Bernburg-Schaumburg-Hoym , Princess of Anhalt-Bernburg-Schaumburg-Hoym, Hereditary Princess of Lübeck and Princess of Holstein-Oldenburg (* 1800 )
- September 14 : François-Joseph Lefebvre , Marshal of France (* 1755 )
- September 16 : Marie Bigot , French pianist and composer (* 1786 )
- September 19 : Johann Georg Meusel , German historian and lexicographer (* 1743 )
- September 21 : Joseph Rodman Drake , American poet (born 1795 )
- September 26th : Daniel Boone , American pioneer and border guard (* 1734 )
- October 3 : Ludovit Václav Lachnit , Czech composer (* 1746 )
- October 5th : Augustin Barruel , French Jesuit and conspiracy theorist (* 1741 )
- October 8 : Henri Christophe , President and King of Haiti (* 1767 )
- October 11 : James Keir , Scottish chemist and industrialist (* 1735 )
- October 15 : Karl Philipp zu Schwarzenberg , Austrian general (* 1771 )
- October 18 : Jacques-Victor Henri , Crown Prince of North Haiti (* 1804 )
- November 2 : Vincenc Tuček , Czech composer (* 1773 )
- November 16 : Jean Lambert Tallien , French revolutionary (* 1767 )
- November 20 : James Harris , British diplomat (* 1746 )
- November 30th : Johann Jakob Cella , German lawyer (* 1756 )
- December 2 : Johann Jürgen Busch , German sculptor (* 1757 )
- December 2 : Marie-Victoire Lemoine , French painter (* 1754 )
- December 6th : Karl Christian Tittmann , German Protestant theologian (* 1774 )
- December 17 : Nathaniel Hazard , American politician (* 1776 )
- December 25th : James Burrill , American politician (* 1772 )
- December 26 : Joseph Fouché , French politician (* 1759 )
- December 29 : Pauline Christine Wilhelmine zur Lippe , regent of the German principality of Lippe (* 1769 )