Calendar overview 1827
Greece gains independence from the Ottoman Empire at the Battle of Navarino .
giraffe Zarafa sent by Ali Pascha inspires a new fashion in Paris.
Anton succeeds his brother
Friedrich August I
on the throne of Saxony .
|1827 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||1275/76 (turn of the year July)|
|Ethiopian calendar||1819/20 (September 11th / 12th)|
|Bengali solar calendar||1232/33 (beginning of April 14th or 15th)|
|Buddhist calendar||2370/71 (southern Buddhism); 2369/70 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||75th (76th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||1189/90 (turn of the year April)|
|Dangun era (Korea)||4160/61 (October 2-3)|
|Islamic calendar||1242/1243 (turn of the year July 24th / 25th)|
|Jewish calendar||5587/88 (September 21-22)|
|Coptic calendar||1543/44 (September 11-12)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 2137/38 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 2138/39 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1883/84 (April)|
Politics and world events
Greek War of Independence
- June 5 : In the Greek struggle for independence , the besieged occupation on the Athens Acropolis has to surrender. Ottoman troops then occupy the city.
- July 6th : In the Treaty of London , the great powers Great Britain , France and Russia demand the end of the hostilities between the Greeks and the Ottoman Empire triggered by the Greek Revolution . They offer their mediation in the creation of an independent Greek state.
- October 20 : Greece gains independence from the Ottoman Empire at the Battle of Navarino .
Other events in Europe and North Africa
- April 29th : Three blows with the fly whisk , which the ruler Hussein Dey in Algiers gave the French consul Pierre Deval after his flippant answer to the debt problem at a reception, have late consequences. Three years later, under the pretext of restoring France's honor, French troops land and occupy Algeria .
- May 5th : Change of throne in Saxony. King Friedrich August I was succeeded by his brother Anton .
- October 13 : Russian troops capture Yerevan , the capital of Armenia .
- February 20 : In the battle of Ituzaingó suffers Brazil in Argentinean-Brazilian war defeat. A unit of the Brazilian Imperial Army encounters Argentine - Uruguayan troops.
- Anuvong Rebellion : The tributary kingdoms of Vientiane and Champasak of the Lao rebel against Siamese supremacy. In February, their troops were able to advance until shortly before Bangkok, but were then beaten back and suffered a decisive defeat in the shaft near Nong Bua Lam Phu from May 1st to 4th. A few days later, Siamese troops take the capital Vientiane.
- January 11 : The city of Bremen buys a piece of land at the mouth of the Weser from the Kingdom of Hanover to build a seaport , the place is called Bremerhaven .
- February 1st : The first city maps of the British capital can be bought in London .
- February 11 : Josef Ressel is granted a so-called privilege in Austria for his invention of the ship's propeller, which entitles him to commercial exploitation.
- February 28 : The State of Maryland passes the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Bill . It subsequently becomes the first railroad company in the USA for public freight and passenger transport.
- April 7th : The Englishman John Walker starts selling the matches he invented in his pharmacy .
- Founding of the publishing house for travel manuals by Karl Baedeker
- In large parts of Germany and France, plentering is banned in order to stop the rapid decline in forests and to combat the shortage of wood ( see also: History of the forest in Central Europe ).
science and technology
- February 9 : The first issue of the Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society appears in London , a specialist journal for astronomy and astrophysics .
- May 12 : After more than two decades of absence, Alexander von Humboldt returns to Berlin .
- March 15 : The King's College at York today is University of Toronto founded.
- June 30 : The Saint-Étienne – Andrézieux railway line opens as the first horse-drawn tram on the European continent. Until 1832 , only goods were transported on the route.
- September 7th : The first section of the Budweis – Linz horse-drawn railway is opened to traffic.
- October 16 : John Herschel sees the galaxy NGC 204 in the constellation Pisces .
- November 11 : John Herschel notices the galaxy NGC 43 in the constellation Andromeda .
- November 22nd : John Herschel becomes the discoverer of the galaxy NGC 226 in the constellation Andromeda and the galaxy NGC 287 in the constellation Pisces.
- Émile Clapeyron finds the general equation of state of ideal gases ( Clausius-Clapeyron equation )
- Johann Nikolaus von Dreyse develops the Dreyse needle gun .
Culture and society
- December 3 : The literary society Tunnel über der Spree is founded in Berlin . The writer Moritz Gottlieb Saphir , together with the court actors Friedrich Wilhelm Lemm and Louis Schneider, launched this association in his private apartment and also became its first director.
- The novella Jud Süß by Wilhelm Hauff is being published for the first time in the Cotta'schen Morgenblatt for educated classes .
- James Fenimore Cooper publishes the novel The Prairie , the third published part of his leather stocking cycle.
- Alessandro Manzoni publishes the first version of the historical novel I Promessi Sposi ( The Fiancés ).
- Heinrich Heine publishes the book of songs , his first large volume of poetry.
Music and theater
- January 30th : First performance of the comic opera L'Artisan by Jacques Fromental Halévy at the Opéra-Comique in Paris
- March 8 : World premiere of the opera Gli Arabi nelle Gallie ossia Il Trionfo della fede (The Arabs in Gaul or The Triumph of Loyalty) by Giovanni Pacini at the Teatro alla Scala di Milano in Milan
- April 29 : The world premiere of the opera The Wedding of Camacho by Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy based on the literary model Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes takes place in the Royal Theater in Berlin. Although the work is performed on a side stage to Mendelsohn's dissatisfaction, it is received very positively by the audience. However, further performances fail at first due to the illness of Don Quixote, Heinrich Blume , and finally do not take place.
- June 4th : The first German song festival takes place in Plochingen at Pentecost , at which mainly song wreaths from southwest Germany come together.
- October 27 : The world premiere of the opera Il pirata ( The Pirate ) by Vincenzo Bellini takes place at the Teatro alla Scala di Milano in Milan. The libretto was written by Felice Romani based on the novel Bertram or the Castle of St. Aldobrand by Charles Robert Maturin .
- November 3 : World premiere of the comic opera Le Roi et le batelier by Jacques Fromental Halévy at the Opéra-Comique in Paris
- December 28 : World premiere of the opera Le Mal du pays ou La Bâtelière de Brientz by Adolphe Adam at the Théâtre du Gymnase in Paris
- June 30th : Zarafa , the first modern giraffe in Europe, arrives in Paris.
- December 13 : Delmonico's Restaurant opens as a café in New York City .
- The Berlin Chess Society is founded. It is Germany's oldest chess club and still exists in Berlin today under the exact name Berliner Schachgesellschaft 1827 Eckbauer e. V.
- February 13th : In the encyclical Quanta laetitia Pope Leo XII gives a structure . re-established the Roman Catholic Church in Scotland.
- September 22 : Joseph Smith , later founder of the Mormons ( Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints ), claims that the angel Moroni , who appeared to him, presented him with gold plates engraved with characters. From this, he states, Smith uses the seer stones Urim and Thummim to translate the Book of Mormon .
- September 4th : Turku , at that time the largest city in Finland , is almost completely destroyed by a major fire.
- January 2 : Kraft Karl August zu Hohenlohe-Ingelfingen , Prussian artillery general and military writer († 1892 )
- January 3 : Michel Rodange , Luxembourgish writer († 1876 )
- January 4 : Peter Baumgras , German-American painter († 1903 )
- January 7 : Sandford Fleming , Canadian engineer and inventor († 1915 )
- January 10 : Conrad Paul Wusching , Romanian-German composer, church musician and choir director († 1900 )
- January 11 : Rainer Ferdinand of Austria , Austrian Archduke, old Austrian general († 1913 )
- January 17 : Gustav Hermann von Alvensleben , Prussian general († 1905 )
- January 19 : Hiram Parks Bell , American politician († 1907 )
- January 21 : Joseph Charlot , French composer († 1871 )
- January 24th : Hermann Gladenbeck , German sculptor († 1918 )
- January 28 : August Wilhelm von Babo , Austrian viticulture researcher († 1894 )
- January 30 : Wilhelm Heine , German painter and traveler († 1885 )
- February 1 : Josef Ignaz Amiet , Swiss historian, state clerk and state archivist († 1895 )
- February 1 : Robert Pearsall Smith , American manufacturer († 1898 )
- February 2 : Oswald Achenbach , German painter († 1905 )
- February 2 : Ludwig Eichrodt , German writer († 1892 )
- February 8 : Eugénie de Santa-Coloma , French composer and singer († 1895 )
- February 11 : Tony Franck , German pianist († 1875 )
- February 12 : Alexander Wilhelm Gottschalg , Thuringian cantor, organist and composer († 1908 )
- February 16 : Carl Bernhard Wilhelm Scheibler , German chemist († 1899 )
- February 17 : Georg von Liebig , German physician and climatologist († 1903 )
- February 18 : Heinrich Brugsch , German Egyptologist († 1894 )
- February 23 : Raffaele Monaco La Valletta , Italian Curia Cardinal († 1896 )
- February 24 : Lydia Becker , British suffragette († 1890 )
- February 28 : Stevenson Archer , American politician († 1898 )
- March 2 : Giovanni Arcioni , Swiss writer († 1898 )
- March 5 : Charles Antoine Gidel , French literary historian († 1900 )
- March 5 : Émile Jonas , French composer and cantor († 1905 )
- March 6 : Wilhelm Carl Heraeus , German pharmacist and chemist, founder of the Heraeus company († 1904 )
- March 8 : Wilhelm Heinrich Immanuel Bleek , German linguist († 1875 )
- March 8 : Ernst Schalck , German painter, draftsman and caricaturist († 1865 )
- March 11 : Franz Magnus Böhme , German music teacher, folk song researcher and collector († 1898 )
- March 16 : John Baptiste Calkin , English organist, composer and music teacher († 1905 )
- March 20 : Alfred Assolant , French writer († 1886 )
- March 20 : Alexander Spengler , doctor and revolutionary from Baden († 1901 )
- March 21 : Andrew Leith Adams , Scottish medic, naturalist and geologist († 1882 )
- March 26 : Wassili Wassiljewitsch Wassiljew , Russian painter and graphic artist († 1894 )
- April 2 : William Holman Hunt , British painter († 1910 )
- April 2 : Józef Nikorowicz , Polish composer († 1890 )
- April 5 : Joseph Lister , British medic († 1912 )
- April 5 : Georg Voigt , German historian († 1891 )
- April 7 : Christian Friedrich Röder , school director and a dialect singer and poet from the Ore Mountains († 1900 )
- April 10 : Lew Wallace , American military, politician and writer († 1905 )
- April 11 : Isaak Auerbach , German architect, land and hydraulic engineer and master builder († 1875 )
- April 11 : James Augustus Grant , British officer and Africa traveler († 1892 )
- April 11 : Hermann Julius Grüneberg , German inventor and entrepreneur († 1894 )
- April 18 : Friedrich Ludwig Theodor Friese , German organ builder († 1896 )
- April 20 : John Gibbon , General in the US Army († 1896 )
- April 22 : Henry Cooper , American politician († 1884 )
- April 23 : August Ganghofer , German forest official († 1900 )
- April 23 : Johann Friedrich von Schulte , Professor of Civil and Canon Law († 1914 )
- April 27 : Tommaso Agudio , Italian engineer († 1893 )
- May 1 : Jules Breton , French painter († 1906 )
- May 2 : Franz Hermann Reinhold Frank , German theologian († 1894 )
- May 3 : Eduard Fürstenberg , founder of the first association for deaf people in Germany († 1885 )
- May 3 : John Hanning Speke , British African explorer († 1864 )
- May 3 : Robert Zünd , Swiss painter († 1909 )
- May 10 : William Windom , lawyer and politician († 1891 )
- May 11 : Jean-Baptiste Carpeaux , French sculptor († 1875 )
- May 11 : Elisabeth Rosenthal , founder of the first private secondary school for girls in Magdeburg († 1891 )
- May 13 : Josef Plachutta , German chess player († 1883 )
- May 15 : Knud Bergslien , Norwegian painter († 1908 )
- May 16 : Norman Jay Colman , American politician († 1911 )
- May 16 : Pierre Cuypers , Dutch architect († 1921 )
- May 19 : Leonidas Sexton , American politician († 1880 )
- May 22 : Charles David Anderson , American plantation owner, businessman, lawyer and general († 1901 )
- May 23 : Milton Latham , American politician († 1882 )
- June 1 : Heinrich Theodor Flathe , German historian († 1900 )
- June 2 : Bertha Augusti , German writer († 1886 )
- June 4th : Louis Alexandre Brière de l'Isle , French general († 1896 )
- June 7 : Alonzo J. Edgerton , American lawyer and politician († 1896 )
- June 9 : Cherubino Patà , Swiss landscape and portrait painter († 1899 )
- June 10 : Thomas W. Ferry , American politician († 1896 )
- June 10 : Louise Aglaé Massart , French pianist, music teacher and composer († 1887 )
- June 10 : Adolf Wahrmund , German orientalist and writer († 1913 )
- June 12 : Johanna Spyri , Swiss writer († 1901 )
- June 13 : August von Heyden , German painter and poet († 1897 )
- June 19 : Carl Ladenburg , German banker and politician († 1909 )
- June 20 : Bernhard Weiß , Protestant theologian († 1918 )
- June 24 : John G. Downey , American politician († 1894 )
- June 26th : Gaetana Sterni , blessed, Italian nun and founding ring († 1889 )
- June 30 : Charles Brown , English machine designer († 1905 )
- July 4 : George Glick , American politician († 1911 )
- July 8 : Robert Henze , German sculptor († 1906 )
- July 8 : Nikolaus Friedrich Peter , Grand Duke of Oldenburg († 1900 )
- July 15 : William Wallace Thayer , American politician († 1899 )
- July 17 : Frederick Augustus Abel , English chemist († 1902 )
- July 19 : Orville H. Platt , American politician († 1905 )
- July 22nd : Johannes Steen , Norwegian politician and Prime Minister († 1906 )
- July 23 : John A. Burbank , American politician († 1905 )
- July 23 : Roswell Farnham , American politician († 1903 )
- July 23 : Otto Ribbeck , German classical philologist († 1898 )
- July 24 : Francisco Solano López , Paraguayan President († 1870 )
- July 28 : William Edwin Baldwin , Confederate Brigadier General in the American Civil War († 1864 )
- August 2 : Manuel Pavía , a Spanish general whose coup ended the First Spanish Republic († 1895 )
- August 3 : Sergei Semjonowitsch Urussow , Russian chess player († 1897 )
- August 10 : Adalbert Falk , Prussian Minister of Education († 1900 )
- August 11 : Ellsworth C. Phelps , American composer and organist († 1913 )
- August 13 : Francisco Gomes de Amorim , Portuguese writer († 1891 )
- August 15 : Ludwig Angerer , Austrian photographer († 1879 )
- August 15 : Wilhelm Riefstahl , German painter († 1888 )
- August 16 : Ernst Immanuel Bekker , German lawyer and university professor († 1916 )
- August 16 : Johann Siegwald Dahl , German painter († 1902 )
- August 16 : Hyacinth Holland , German art and literary historian († 1918 )
- August 20 : Charles De Coster , Belgian writer († 1879 )
- August 20 : Josef Strauss , Austrian composer and conductor († 1870 )
- August 22nd : Antonin Nowotny , Czech author of chess problems († 1871 )
- August 22nd : Edouard Silas , Dutch composer and organist († 1909 )
- August 27 : James A. Weston , American politician († 1895 )
- August 30 : Gisela von Arnim , German writer († 1889 )
- September 10 : Richard Hüttig , German entrepreneur
- September 13 : Catherine Winkworth , English translator of hymns († 1878 )
- September 14 : Hermann Krone , German photographer, scientist and publicist († 1916 )
- September 15 : Karl Rudolf Friedenthal , German politician, lawyer and entrepreneur († 1890 )
- September 20 : Heinrich Friedrich Wilhelm André , German lawyer and politician († 1903 )
- September 22nd : Paul Viktor Niemeyer , garden architect and garden director of the city of Magdeburg († 1901 )
- September 27 : Georgiana Archer , Scottish teacher († 1882 )
- September 27 : Hiram Rhodes Revels , American politician, clergyman († 1901 )
- September 27 : Peter Turney , American politician († 1903 )
- September 28 : Bernhard Baumeister , German actor († 1917 )
- September 28 : Aaron Augustus Sargent , American politician († 1887 )
- October 2 : Julius Carl Friedrich Aßmann , German watchmaker († 1886 )
- October 2 : Edmund J. Davis , American officer and governor of Texas († 1883 )
- October 6 : Carl Riedel , German Kapellmeister († 1888 )
- October 7th : Fulgenzio Chicherio , Swiss lawyer and officer in the Swiss Army († 1907 )
- October 11 : Asaf Jah V , Prince of Hyderabad († 1869 )
- October 13 : Robert Crozier , American politician († 1895 )
- October 14 : William M. Stone , American politician († 1893 )
- October 15 : Abdisho V. Khayat , Patriarch of Babylon of the Chaldeans († 1899 )
- October 15 : Friedrich Adler , German master builder and building researcher († 1908 )
- October 15 : Mihály Zichy , Hungarian painter († 1906 )
- October 16 : Arnold Böcklin , Swiss painter, draftsman, graphic artist and sculptor († 1901 )
- October 24 : George Robinson, 1st Marquess of Ripon , British statesman and diplomat († 1909 )
- October 25 : Marcelin Berthelot , French chemist and politician († 1907 )
- October 25 : Alexander Büchner , writer and professor of literary history († 1904 )
- October 27 : Leopold Löffler , Polish painter († 1898 )
- October 30 : Ernst von Haselberg , Stralsund city architect, scientist and writer († 1905 )
- November 2 : Paul de Lagarde , German cultural philosopher and orientalist († 1891 )
- November 4 : Karl von Hofmann , German politician of the imperial era († 1910 )
- November 12 : Gustav Adolf Merkel , German organ virtuoso and composer († 1885 )
- November 16 : Therese von Miltitz , daughter of Karl Borromäus von Miltitz and his wife Auguste († 1912 )
- November 18 : Mehmed Ali Pascha , Turkish general of German descent († 1878 )
- November 18 : Jesper Jespersen von Bahnson , Danish Lieutenant General and Minister of War († 1909 )
- November 19 : Karl Buchrucker , Lutheran clergyman and theologian († 1899 )
- November 19 : Johann Gottlieb Christaller , missionary and linguist († 1895 )
- November 21 : Martin Blumner , German composer and music theorist († 1901 )
- November 24th : Julius Tafel , German entrepreneur in Nuremberg († 1893 )
- November 26 : Ellen G. White , cofounder and prophet of the Seventh-day Adventists († 1915 )
- November 28 : William A. Wallace , American politician († 1896 )
- December 6th : Friedrich Albert Mehmel , German organ builder († 1888 )
- December 7th : James D. Porter, Jr. , American politician, Governor of Tennessee († 1912 )
- December 7 : Horace Boies , American politician, governor of Iowa († 1923 )
- December 10 : Aloisius Palazzolo , founder of the order and blessed of the Roman Catholic Church († 1886 )
- December 11th : Adam Miłaszewski , Polish theater director, director and actor († 1893 )
- December 11 : Karl Schenkl , Austrian classical philologist († 1900 )
- December 15 : Marie Henri d'Arbois de Jubainville , French Celtologist and historian († 1910 )
- December 15 : Joseph Halévy , French orientalist and Africa traveler († 1917 )
- December 16 : Jean Abraham Chrétien Oudemans , Dutch astronomer († 1906 )
- December 17th : Alexander Wassilko von Serecki , Austrian-Romanian politician, governor of the Duchy of Bukovina († 1893 )
- December 23 : Wilhelm von Tegetthoff , Austro-Hungarian admiral († 1871 )
- December 25 : Friedrich Wilhelm Grimme , German writer, local poet and botanist († 1887 )
- December 26 : Arthur Gustav Kulenkamp , Mayor of Lübeck († 1895 )
- December 29 : Karl Otto Weber , German surgeon and pathologist († 1867 )
Exact date of birth unknown
- Asato Ankō , Japanese master of early karate († 1906 )
- Ferdinando Bonamici , Italian composer and music teacher († 1905 )
- Louis Drechsler , German cellist († 1860 )
- William Irwin , 13th Governor of California († 1886 )
- Wladimir Nikititsch Kaschperow , Russian composer († 1894 )
- Jules Noriac , French writer and librettist († 1882 )
January to April
- January 1 : Johann Heinrich Suhrlandt , German painter (* 1742 )
- January 6 : Charlotte von Stein , Weimar court lady, friend of Friedrich Schiller and JW von Goethe (* 1742 )
- January 11 : Anna Vittoria Dolara , Italian nun and miniature painter (* 1754 )
- January 13 : Jean-Denis Lanjuinais , French politician (* 1753 )
- January 29 : Joseph Christian Lillie , Danish architect and interior designer (* 1760 )
- February 2 : Theodor Gotthold Thienemann , German Lutheran theologian (* 1754 )
- February 11 : José Lidón , Spanish composer (* 1748 )
- February 12 : Friedrich Reinhard Ricklefs , German classical philologist and grammar school director (* 1769 )
- February 17th : Johann Heinrich Pestalozzi , Swiss educator (* 1746 )
- February 22nd : Charles Willson Peale , American portrait and landscape painter (* 1741 )
- February 26 : Cécile Stanilas de Girardin , French politician (* 1762 )
- February 27 : Françoise Eléonore Dejean de Manville, Comtesse de Sabran , Parisian salon lady (* 1749 )
- March 5 : Pierre Simon Laplace , French mathematician and astronomer (* 1749 )
- March 5 : Alessandro Volta , Italian physicist (* 1745 )
- March 26 : Ludwig van Beethoven , German composer (* 1770 )
- April 3 : Ernst Florens Friedrich Chladni , German natural scientist (* 1756 )
- April 8 : Johann Nepomuk von Triva , Bavarian General and Minister of War (* 1755 )
- April 13th : Hugh Clapperton , English explorer of Africa (* 1788 )
- April 21 : Thomas Rowlandson , British painter and caricaturist (* 1756 )
- April 26 : János Bihari , Hungarian composer (* 1764 )
- April 27 : Joaquín Blake y Joyes , Spanish general (* 1759 )
- April 30 : William Tilghman , American lawyer and politician (* 1756 )
May to August
- May 5 : Friedrich August I , Elector of Saxony (* 1750 )
- May 21 : Michel-Gabriel Paccard , French doctor and alpinist (* 1757 )
- May 24th : Johann Josef Adrians , Lord Mayor of Freiburg (* 1756 )
- May 26 : Heinrich Prescher , German historian (* 1749 )
- May 31 : Pierre Louis Prieur , French politician (* 1756 )
- June 13 : Ludwig Philipp Aschoff , German pharmacist (* 1758 )
- June 20 : Karl Philipp Conz , German poet and writer (* 1762 )
- June 20 : Thomas Worthington , American politician (* 1773 )
- June 22nd : Fidel André , German politician (* 1770 )
- June 26 : Christian August Vulpius , German writer (* 1762 )
- June 26th : Samuel Crompton , British inventor (* 1753 )
- July 8 : Robert Surcouf , French naval officer and corsair (* 1773 )
- July 9 : Josef Malinský , Czech sculptor and carver (* 1752 )
- July 14th : Augustin Jean Fresnel , French physicist and engineer (* 1788 )
- July 16 : Augustin de Lestrange , French Cistercian abbot, order reformer and monastery founder (* 1754 )
- July 29 : Johann Martin Usteri , Swiss poet (* 1763 )
- August 2 : James Hewitt , American composer (* 1770 )
- August 3 : Lorenz Leopold Haschka , Austrian poet (* 1749 )
- August 8 : George Canning , British politician and head of government (* 1770 )
- August 9 : John Elliott , American politician (* 1773 )
- August 12 : William Blake , British poet, mystic and painter (* 1757 )
- August 18 : Joseph François Durutte , French count and general (* 1767 )
- August 19 : Bernhard Joseph Ritter Anders von Porodim , Austrian civil servant (* 1752 )
- August 27 : Johann Casimir Häffelin , diplomat (* 1737 )
September to December
- September 4 : Heinrich Boie , German zoologist (* 1794 )
- September 10 : Ugo Foscolo , Italian poet (* 1778 )
- September 17 : Matthew Talbot , American politician (* 1762 )
- September 19 : Morten Thrane Brünnich , Danish zoologist and mineralogist (* 1737 )
- September 21 : Friedrich Wilhelm Ziegler , actor and theater poet (* 1761 )
- September 23 : Freeman Walker , American politician (* 1780 )
- October 1 : Johann Ludwig Wilhelm Müller , German poet (* 1794 )
- October 3 : Franz Michael Vierthaler , teacher and school reformer, writer and journalist (* 1758 )
- October 12 : John Eager Howard , American politician (* 1752 )
- October 24 : Henry S. Thibodaux , American politician (* 1769 )
- November 1st : Karl Maximilian Andree , German physician and gynecologist (* 1781 )
- November 3 : Robert Abercromby , British general and commander in chief in India (* 1740 )
- November 6th : Bartolomeo Campagnoli , Italian violinist, composer and conductor (* 1751 )
- November 18 : Wilhelm Hauff , German writer and storyteller (* 1802 )
- November 20 : Alexei Nikolajewitsch Titow , Russian composer (* 1769 )
- November 21 : Christian von Massenbach , Prussian colonel and writer (* 1758 )
- November 26 : José Álvarez Cubero , Spanish sculptor (* 1768 )
- December 2 : Josef Sandhaas , German painter (* 1784 )
- December 5 : Enrico Acerbi , Italian medic (* 1785 )
- December 13 : Fabrizio Dionigi Ruffo , Catholic cardinal (* 1744 )
- December 28 : Robert Woodhouse , British professor of mathematics (* 1773 )
Exact date of death unknown
- Józef Kopeć , Polish general and diary author (* 1758 )
- Theodor Franz Thiriart , Cologne printer and publisher (* 1770 )