Pfretzschner learned the mason trade in the Saxon Vogtland and emigrated from Triebel near Oelsnitz to Leipzig in 1528 . Leipzig recognized his great talent and immediately tied him to the city through his honorary citizenship: "and after the birth certificates issued, the civil rights UMB SEYNER KUNST WILLEN have been given to yme, which you would rather keep yme dester alhir".
He married the daughter of the Leipzig bookseller Nickel Wolrabe and in 1529 bought house No. 714 on Ritterstrasse from his father-in-law. There he died around 1552. His son Parakeet Pfretzschner was able to take over his office as a councilor mason.
After his appointment as master mason of the city of Leipzig, Pfretzschner was responsible for the entire land-use planning and technical implementation of all building projects in the city. From 1521 to 1530 he was responsible for the new construction and expansion of Leipzig's fortifications from the brewery outlet to the Pleißenburg . Since 1537, his construction of the eight-sided storey of the tower of the Thomaskirche has shaped the image of this famous church .
But he also contributed to the expansion of the state fortresses of the Saxon dukes. In 1542, Pfretzschner and one of his journeymen were sent by Duke Moritz von Sachsen to Kassel and Ziegenhain (the main fortresses in Hesse) with the task of exploring the system and the structural engineering of the fortifications there. In the construction of the Leipzig city fortifications, he worked alongside the foreman Paul Speck, who was summoned from Zwickau in 1543 .
- Paul Bennemann: Historical walks through the realm trade fair city of Leipzig . Leipzig 1940.
- Wolfram Günther: Hieronymus Lotter - important architect of the German Renaissance or myth of art history? Hieronymus Lotter and the construction of the Old Leipzig City Hall . Norderstedt, Books on Demand 2009, ISBN 978-3-8370-8012-4
- Wolfram Günther: Hieronymus Lotter . In: Arnold Bartetzky (ed.): The builders of the "German Renaissance". A myth in art history? , Sax-Verlag, Beucha 2004, ISBN 3-934544-52-5 , pp. 73-110
- Ernst Müller: Leipzig new citizens list 1505 to 1556 . Leipzig 1982.
- Lutz Unbehaun: Hieronymus Lotter. Elector of Saxon builder and mayor of Leipzig . Leipzig 1989.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German master stonemason|
|DATE OF BIRTH||around 1495|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Triebel , Electorate of Saxony , Holy Roman Empire|
|DATE OF DEATH||around 1552|
|Place of death||Leipzig , Electorate of Saxony , Holy Roman Empire|