Johann Werner Streithorst
The son of Gürtler Johann Ernst Streithorst attended the Latin school in his hometown and from 1758 the Lyceum in Wernigerode. In 1765 he studied theology at the University of Halle . In 1768 he became the fifth teacher at the Lyceum in Wernigerode. In 1772 he switched to the Martin School in Halberstadt as a sub-principal, and in 1773 he was vice principal and deacon at the Holy Spirit Hospital Church. In 1773 he became vice principal of the Halberstadt Martinischule, with which the office of early preacher at the hospital church was connected. In 1775 he was appointed second cathedral preacher. In 1788 he was promoted to the position of first cathedral preacher and real consistorial councilor, at the same time as chief cathedral preacher and chief inspector of all cathedral capitular churches and schools in Halberstadt.
After his death, his funeral sermon was put into print.
- First lines of the description of the earth for beginners , Wernigerode 1770
- Draft to improve the cathedral capital country schools , Halberstadt 1787
- Heinrich Doering : The learned theologians of Germany in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. Verlag Johann Karl Gottfried Wagner, 1835, Neustadt an der Orla, vol. 4, p. 419 ( online )
- Arthur Richter: Streithorst, Johann Werner . In: Allgemeine Deutsche Biographie (ADB). Volume 36, Duncker & Humblot, Leipzig 1893, p. 572 f.
- Veronika Albrecht-Birkner : Pastors book of the church province of Saxony. Evangelische Verlagsanstalt, Leipzig, 2008, ISBN 978-3374021406 vol. 8, p. 449
- Friedrich Schlichtegroll : Nekrolog on the year 1800. Verlag Justus Perthes, Gotha, 1805, 11th vol. 1st vol. P. 1, ( online )
|SURNAME||Streithorst, Johann Werner|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Protestant theologian and writer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 18, 1746|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Wernigerode|
|DATE OF DEATH||17th February 1800|
|Place of death||Halberstadt|