Civil protection vehicle
For civil protection vehicles is in Germany for emergency vehicles, which in case of danger situations in which the self-protection of the population is not given more diverse on civil protection are concerned units and organizations at local, state and federal level. The aim is to protect the population from any dangers and damage that may arise ( civil protection ).
At the federal level, the Federal Office for Civil Protection and Disaster Assistance (BBK), in cooperation with the responsible state authorities, provides supplementary emergency vehicles for disaster control. The equipment of the disaster control vehicles is based on the task areas of fire protection, NBC protection, medical services and support for the population in the event of major damage.
Taking these requirements into account, the equipment concept of the Federal Office for Civil Protection and Disaster Relief divides the vehicles into two areas of responsibility. On the one hand, in a core area with the task of defending against chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear hazards by means of reconnaissance and measuring vehicles as well as vehicles for decontamination of people, supporting local forces in dealing with their tasks in the event of a disaster using vehicles with special measuring technology, analytical task force (ATF) and assistance with vehicles for coping with a large number of injuries after disaster events, Medical Task Force (MTF) .
On the other hand, in a supplementary support area for fire fighting vehicles, ambulance vehicles, equipment vehicles for water supply and vehicles for the care of the population, which the emergency services on site make available and thus serve to protect the population as a whole. The vehicles included in this contingent are standardized, although the federal states have the option of adapting the emergency vehicles to the local conditions within the scope of their supplementary volume.
Civil protection vehicles in CBRN danger situations
The tasks of the emergency vehicles in CBRN danger situations include the exploration of the danger area by means of measuring and sensing, the marking and monitoring of the same, the taking of samples for the purpose of their analysis, the reporting of existing hazards to the responsible positions in the operations management, supplemented by the collection of Weather data for a holistic assessment of the situation. Then there is the decontamination of emergency services, their equipment and the population. With regard to the area of decontamination, three different tasks can be named, which determine the type of the respective emergency vehicle and its equipment. These are in detail the decontamination of persons (Decon P), the decontamination of equipment (Decon G) and the decontamination of injured persons (Decon V).
As a result, the Federal Office for Civil Protection and Disaster Assistance is currently making two types of vehicles available to the emergency services personnel to carry out tasks in CBRN hazard situations. On the one hand the CBRN exploration vehicle, or CBRN ErkW for short, and on the other hand the equipment vehicle decontamination personnel (with the abbreviation GW Dekon P). It should be noted that the Mannschaftstransportwagen decontamination injured, MTW decontamination V, is associated with the emergency vehicles of Medicine Task Force (MTF).
Civil Protection Vehicles Analytical Task Force (ATF)
The vehicles of the Analytical Task Force (ATF), including the associated technology and operating personnel, are available to the emergency services on site for, in particular chemical, complex hazard and operational scenarios, if the resources and capabilities there are almost completely tied up, or high quality Hazard analyzes to be performed at the level of stationary laboratories.
The vehicles are currently stationed at the seven ATF locations, Hamburg, Mannheim, Dortmund, Cologne, Munich, Berlin and Leipzig. As a rule, they are deployed within a radius of up to 200 kilometers from their stationing locations in order to ensure the rapid availability of their resources at the point of danger.
The ATF command vehicle (ELW ATF) is used to explore large areas of damage, enabled by the SIGIS 2 remote sensing system, which is designed for mobile and stationary use and is used to detect and visualize chemical substances. In addition to the range of tasks as a command vehicle, the ELW ATF is also equipped with various computer and communication systems. The Analytical Task Force (GW ATF) equipment trolley, on the other hand, can be used multifunctionally as a logistics, laboratory and maintenance vehicle .
Disaster Response Vehicles Medical Task Force (MTF)
In accordance with the tasks of the Medical Task Force defined by the Federal Office for Civil Protection and Disaster Relief, decontamination of the injured, construction and operation of decontamination and treatment stations and long-range transport of patients, the emergency vehicles are used for the resulting five sub-areas, management, treatment, decontamination of the injured, Patient transport and logistics . This results in different tasks and equipment features for the respective vehicles.
The partial or total management of the MTF units takes place by means of a special command vehicle (KdoW), which among other things serves as a transport, radio station and security vehicle. In the future, according to the preliminary disaster control concept of the Federal Office for Civil Protection and Disaster Relief, the sub-area of leadership will be supplemented by a management vehicle, abbreviation FüKW, of a similar design.
Secondly, the support of the emergency services in the treatment of patients by the medical equipment vehicle (GW San), which supplements the local operational resources, and the treatment team transport vehicle, abbreviation MTW Beh, which is also used in addition to the logistical management of the transport of the injured. For the third sub-area, decontamination of injured persons, in addition to the emergency vehicle GW Dekon P, which is to be regarded as a universal basic deployment component for the decontamination of persons and personnel, the team transport vehicle decontamination of injured persons, abbreviation MTW Dekon V, is available, which is technically equipped with the MTW Beh is similar. With regard to the equipment trolley for decontamination of injured persons, abbreviation GW Dekon V, it should be noted that the procurement and equipping of the vehicles and equipment is carried out individually in the sovereignty of the federal states, in addition to the basic deployment component GW Dekon P. The ambulance is used for the fourth sub-area, transport Type B, abbreviation KTW Type B, is available to support patient care, while the logistics equipment trolley (GW Log) is used for the fifth sub-area, logistics, with the aim of ensuring the care of the emergency services and patients.
The distribution of vehicles at state level is usually carried out by the federal states and their disaster control authorities. Supported organizations include fire brigades , the Arbeiter-Samariter-Bund (ASB), the German Red Cross (DRK), the Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe (JUH), the Malteser Hilfsdienst (MHD), but also the German Lifesaving Society (DLRG).
Summary of civil protection vehicles
The following list of federal disaster control vehicles can be drawn up schematically from this:
|Emergency vehicle||Abbreviation||description||Vehicles in total in Germany|
|Civil protection vehicles for CBRN danger situations|
|CBRN test component / vehicle||CBRN MLK||
Evaluation of the danger situation using the values transferred from the CBRN exploration vehicle. Control of the CBRN reconnaissance vehicles.
|CBRN reconnaissance vehicle||CBRN ErkW||
Exploring the danger situation by measuring, sensing. Identification and monitoring of the danger area. The taking of samples for their analysis. Collecting weather data.
|Equipment trolley decontamination personnel||GW decon P||
Use in dangerous situations for the decontamination of people, emergency services and their equipment in the event of the release of chemical, biological or radioactive hazardous substances.
|Civil Protection Vehicles Analytical Task Force (ATF)|
|ATF command vehicle||ELW ATF||
Command vehicle, exploration of large damage areas
|ATF equipment trolley||GW ATF||
Logistics, laboratory and maintenance vehicle.
|CBRN reconnaissance vehicle||CBRN ErkW||
Logistics, laboratory vehicle.
|ATF measuring devices||chemically, radiologically||
Logistics, laboratory vehicle.
|ATF measuring devices||biological||
Logistics, laboratory vehicle.
|Disaster Response Vehicles Medical Task Force (MTF)|
|Command vehicle (of the Medical Task Force)||KdoW (MTF)||
Sub-area leadership: means of transport for helpers and equipment to the deployment sites, command and communication vehicle, fulfillment of mission security, exploration and piloting tasks.
|Equipment trolley treatment||GW Beh||No details available.||61|
|Equipment trolley decontamination of injured persons||GW decon V||No details available.||61|
|Medical equipment trolley||GW San||MAN, type TGL 10.220 4x2 BB
MAN, type TGL 10.220 4x2 BB (Euro 6)
Mercedes Benz, type Sprinter 519 CDI
|Armored personnel carrier treatment||MTW Beh||Mercedes-Benz, type Sprinter 316 CDI||122|
|Equipment trolley logistics||GW log||No details available.||61|
|Armored personnel carrier decontamination of injured persons||MTW decon V||No details available.||61|
|Ambulance type B||KTW type B||Daimler-Chrysler, Type 313 CDI / 35 Sprinter||366|
|Fire fighting vehicle for civil protection||LF-KatS||MAN, type TGM 13.250 4x4 BL FW
Mercedes Benz, type Atego 1326 AF
|Hose trolleys for civil protection||SW KatS||No details available.||466|
|Equipment trolley support||GW Bt||No details available.||955|
|Team transport car care||MTW Bt||No details available.||300|
|Ambulance type B||KTW type B||No details available.||642|
Summary of disaster control vehicles by federal state
Equipment required for the supplementary disaster control status 07/2010
|Area||Area||Emergency vehicle type *||BW||BY||BE||BB||HB||HH||HE||MV||NI||NW||RP||SL||SN||ST||SH||TH||Federation|
|Core concept||Standardized additional equipment for ABC locations||Decontamination truck people 2 (decon truck P)||44||96||6th||18th||3||4th||26th||18th||48||54||36||6th||29||24||15th||23||450|
|ABC exploration vehicle 2 (ABC-ErkKW)||49||96||14th||18th||4th||8th||26th||18th||50||84||36||6th||29||24||15th||23||500|
|Measurement control vehicle (MLKW)||10||20th||3||4th||1||2||5||4th||10||18th||7th||1||6th||5||3||5||104|
|Medical Task Force||Command vehicle (KdoW)||5||7th||3||5||2||4th||3||6th||10||3||1||3||3||2||2||3||61|
|Equipment trolley treatment (GW Beh)||5||7th||3||5||1||2||4th||3||6th||10||3||1||3||3||2||3||61|
|Decontamination truck people 2+ (decontamination truck P +)||5||7th||3||5||1||2||4th||3||6th||10||3||1||3||3||2||3||61|
|Medical Task Force (GW San) medical equipment trolley||37||52||22nd||37||7th||15th||30th||22nd||44||74||22nd||7th||22nd||22nd||15th||22nd||450|
|Personnel Carrier (MTW)||10||14th||6th||10||2||4th||8th||6th||12||20th||6th||2||6th||6th||4th||6th||122|
|Truck logistics / support (LKW Log Bt)||5||7th||3||5||1||2||4th||3||6th||10||3||1||3||3||2||3||61|
|Personnel carrier + (MTW +)||5||7th||3||5||1||2||4th||3||6th||10||3||1||3||3||2||3||61|
|Emergency ambulance type B (KTW type B)||30th||42||18th||30th||6th||12||24||18th||36||60||18th||6th||18th||18th||12||18th||366|
|Task Force A + C / B||Command vehicle of the Analytical Task Force (ELW 1 ATF)||1||1||1||0||0||1||0||0||0||2||0||0||0||1||0||0||7th|
|Equipment trolley of the Analytical Task Force (GW ATF)||1||1||1||0||0||1||0||0||0||2||0||0||0||1||0||0||7th|
|ABC exploration vehicle 2 of the Analytical Task Force (ABC-ErkKW ATF)||2||2||2||0||0||2||0||0||0||4th||0||0||0||2||0||0||14th|
|support||Components||Fire fighting vehicle KatS (LF-KatS)||137||121||46||28||11||25th||71||20th||93||216||47||12||43||29||33||23||955|
|Hose trolley KatS (SW-KatS)||44||96||12||23||0||4th||26th||9||44||108||22nd||6th||21st||13||15th||23||466|
|Equipment trolley support (GW Bt)||71||0||19th||0||4th||10||49||9||44||0||32||3||30th||13||15th||1||300|
|Care combination vehicle (Bt-Kombi)||0||85||19th||5||5||10||24||9||44||98||0||4th||0||13||15th||1||332|
|Emergency ambulance type B (KTW type B)||89||123||20th||17th||4th||10||36||10||47||173||16||10||30th||15th||17th||25th||642|
|support||Components of the core concept **||ABC exploration vehicle 2 (ABC-ErkKW)||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||4th||0||0||0||0||4th|
|ABC exploration vehicle 2 (ABC-ErkKW)||0||0||0||2||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||5||0||0||0||0||7th|
|Decontamination truck people 2+ (decontamination truck P +)||0||0||0||1||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||1|
|Medical Task Force (GW San) medical equipment trolley||1||0||0||3||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||10||0||0||0||0||14th|
* Without equipment sets of the Analytical Task Force
** In order to adapt to the special requirements in the federal states, the federal states have the right to choose within the specified vehicle types of the support component and in compliance with cost-neutrality. Components of the federal government's core concept can only be reinforced. The support chosen by the federal states for the components of the core concept is shown separately.
- BBK: civil protection. Retrieved December 23, 2015 .
- BBK: Supplementary federal equipment for disaster control. (No longer available online.) Archived from the original on December 24, 2015 ; accessed on December 23, 2015 . Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- BBK: CBRN exploration. Retrieved December 28, 2015 .
- BBK: Decontamination. Retrieved December 28, 2015 .
- cf. for the designation of the vehicle types: BBK (2013): Supplement to the disaster control of the federal states for purposes of civil protection; Designations (AZ .: III.6-569-00).
- BBK: The Federal Analytical Task Force (ATF). Accessed December 31, 2015 .
- Supplement ELW 1 of the Analytical Task Force (BBK) ( Memento of the original from 23 September 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link has been inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- BBK: New federal vehicles for the Analytical Task Force (ATF) Dortmund. Retrieved January 1, 2015 .
- Baumeister & Trabandt GmbH: data sheet manufacturer ELW ATF. (No longer available online.) Archived from the original on January 3, 2016 ; Retrieved January 3, 2015 . Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- BBK: New equipment trolleys for the Analytical Task Force. (No longer available online.) Archived from the original on July 12, 2014 ; accessed on January 1, 2015 . Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- BBK: The Federal Medical Task Force. Archived from the original on February 13, 2020 ; accessed on January 11, 2015 .
- BBK leaflet on the Medical Task Force ( Memento from January 3, 2014 in the Internet Archive )
- BBK: Medical Task Force Leadership Unit (TE Füh). Retrieved January 11, 2015 .
- BBK (2014): booklet. Equipment set, loading plan and data sheet for equipment trolleys Sanität Bund GW San. 6th edition ( Memento of the original dated December 23, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- BBK (2013): booklet. Equipment set, loading plan and data sheet for equipment trolleys Sanität Bund NRW GW San NW. ( Memento of the original from December 23, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- BBK: civil defense vehicles and equipment. Retrieved April 3, 2017 .
- BBK (2011): Accompanying booklet: Equipment set, loading plan and data sheet for fire-fighting vehicles for disaster control - LF-KatS ( Memento from 23 September 2015 in the Internet Archive )
- BBK (2013): booklet. Equipment set, loading plan and data sheet for hose trolleys for disaster control SW KatS ( Memento from 23 September 2015 in the Internet Archive )
- Target equipment of the supplementary disaster control (PDF, 15KB) accessed on April 3, 2017