Klaus-Michael Bogdal (* 1948 in Gelsenkirchen ) is a German literary scholar. Bogdal studied German, Slavic and philosophy at the Ruhr University Bochum , where he received his doctorate in 1976. He then worked as a teacher at the Bert-Brecht-Gymnasium and as head of department in Dortmund. In 1992 Bogdal completed his habilitation at the University of Essen. From 1996 to 2002 he was professor for literary studies at the Gerhard Mercator University in Duisburg . Since 2002 Bogdal has held the professorship for German literature with a focus on new German literature at Bielefeld University . In 2013, Bogdal received the Leipzig Book Prize for European Understanding for his book Europe Invents the Gypsies .
- "Scary pictures". The worker in the eyes of the citizen using the example of naturalism. Syndikat, Frankfurt am Main 1978, ISBN 3-8108-0083-X (Dissertation, University of Bochum, Department of Philology, 1976, 277 pages).
- Heinrich von Kleist: Michael Kohlhaas. Fink, Munich 1981, ISBN 3-7705-1943-4 .
- Between everyday life and utopia. Workers' literature as a discourse of the 19th century. Westdeutscher Verlag, Opladen 1991, ISBN 3-531-12053-0 .
- Historical discourse analysis of literature. 2nd extended edition, Synchron, Heidelberg 2007, ISBN 978-3-935025-91-1 .
- BA degree in German studies. A textbook. (with Georg Mein and Kai Kauffmann, with the assistance of Meinolf Schumacher and Johannes Volmert), Rowohlt, Reinbek 2008, ISBN 978-3-499-55682-1 .
- Europe invents the gypsies , Suhrkamp, Berlin 2011, ISBN 978-3-518-42263-2 .
- The subject of the discourse. Festschrift for Klaus-Michael Bogdal , ed. v. Achim Geisenhanslüke , Georg Mein u. Franziska Schößler, Synchron, Heidelberg 2008, ISBN 978-3-939381-16-7 .
- Rolf Cantzen: The staging of the foreign. Antiziganism in social science research , radio manuscript with quotations from Iman Attia , Klaus-Michael Bogdal, Elizabeta Jonuz , Wolfgang Wippermann , at: Deutschlandradio Kultur, November 15, 2012, PDF
- Literature by and about Klaus-Michael Bogdal in the catalog of the German National Library
- Homepage at Bielefeld University
- Klaus-Michael Bogdal: Europe invents the gypsies , in: Eurozine , February 24, 2012
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German literary scholar|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1948|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Gelsenkirchen|