Klaus Bergmann (born February 23, 1938 in Essen , † November 18, 2002 in Gießen ) was a history teacher at the Justus Liebig University in Gießen .
Bergmann studied history and philosophy and received his doctorate in 1968 from the University of Münster with studies on hostility to cities and the fight against rural exodus in Germany since the end of the 19th century . His doctoral supervisor was the historian Heinz Gollwitzer . Bergmann had been a professor at the University of Giessen since 1972. His assistant at the University of Giessen was Hans-Jürgen Pandel in the 1970s . Bergmann developed the historical didactic principles of personification and multiple perspectives . He was a leader in the direction of a critical history didactics, which relied on personal and critical thinking in the classroom and was against mere fact and conceptual learning. Central to him was the subject's contribution to the democratization of society and the emancipation of the individual.
Bergmann was co-editor of various standard works and magazines. He is one of the authors of the textbooks remembering and judging (history teaching units) and history and events (four volumes, published in seven editions), published by Klett-Verlag . Ulrich Mayer is a pupil of Bergmann . Together with Annette Kuhn , Jörn Rüsen and Gerhard Schneider, he published the book series History Didactics Study Materials .
Klaus Bergmann was married to the history didactician Susanne Thurn .
- Personalization in History Class: Education for Democracy? Klett, Stuttgart 1972, ISBN 3-12-927420-0 .
- Multiperspectivity. Think history yourself. Newsreel, Schwalbach / Ts. 2000, ISBN 3-87920-742-9 .
- The reference to the present in history lessons. Newsreel, Schwalbach / Ts. 2001, ISBN 3-87920-750-X .
- Manual of History Didactics. Schwann, Düsseldorf 1979. 5th edition Kallmeyer, Seelze-Velber 1997, ISBN 3-7800-4920-1 .
- History didactics (magazine 1976–1987), learning history (magazine since 1987)
- Series of historical learning methods. Newsreel history, Schwalbach / Ts.
- Literature by and about Klaus Bergmann in the catalog of the German National Library
- ^ Bergmann, Klaus: Agrarian romanticism and big city hostility. Hain, Meisenheim am Glan 1970. (= Marburg treatises on political science; 20)
- ↑ The first volume appeared in 1977.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German historian and history teacher|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 23, 1938|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||eat|
|DATE OF DEATH||November 18, 2002|
|Place of death||to water|