Klaus Juncker (born September 21, 1943 ) is a German economist . He is an honorary professor at the Philipps University of Marburg , a former director of the corporate banking division at Deutsche Bank, and an author, editor and co-editor of banking periodicals, compilations and specialist books.
After completing an apprenticeship at Handels- und Gewerbebank Heilbronn AG, Juncker studied business administration at the University of Innsbruck and the Ludwig-Maximilians-University of Munich (1964–1968). Since 1966 he has been a member of the Corps Suevia Munich . It was in 1972 at the Johann Wolfgang Goethe University in Frankfurt am Main to Dr. rer. pole. PhD.
After vocational education and training and stays abroad, management positions in the German banking industry followed, such as B. as a board member of the Kölner Bank from 1867 eG Volksbank (1972 to 1978). The position as head of the central corporate customer department and later as member of the board of the SME and sales finance division of Deutsche Bank AG followed (1978 to 1998). In this role he was a member of several supervisory and advisory boards. He was also a member of committees of German institutes and business associations and university bodies: u. a. of the Environment Committee of the German Industry and Trade Conference (DIHT), the Association for the Promotion of the Institute for Banking and Banking Law at the University of Cologne (Board of Directors), the Agriculture - Industry Liaison Office, the Institute for New Media, the Council of the Deutsche Bank Institute for Family business (today: Witten Institute for Family Business ) at the University of Witten / Herdecke , here as chairman of the council.
After retiring from active business in 1998, Juncker was managing director of a management consulting company and later senior advisor to a well-known consulting firm. Since 2003 he has been a personally liable partner and managing director of several real estate fund companies.
In addition to his professional activity, Juncker did volunteer work in various areas of public life. B. as founding founder and chairman of the board of trustees of the Citizens' Foundation for Münster. The foundation cooperation project “Learning Responsibility”, which he initiated and supported in Münster, was awarded the 2008 Active Citizenship Award.
Juncker has made important contributions in professional practice as well as in university research - and above all in the connection between university work and practice: the fundamental processing of topics such as management, organization and marketing of the banking business as well as the implementation of dynamic developments in markets (in particular the demand behavior of customers) in the banking business and its management are included here.
He was also particularly interested in the development and market launch of innovative financial services and the processing and / or support of topics that were still "unexplored" but could be developed. As a rule, little general interest was attached to them at this point in time. These include:
- Recommendation in the 1970s to introduce controlling as a modern instrument of corporate management also in banking operations.
- At the beginning of the 1980s he pointed out that the banking business should focus more on self-service and not to forget the " seniors " as an increasingly interesting target group (Juncker took up the topic of target group marketing in a comprehensive form in subsequent years, see most recently: Juncker / Nietert: Demographic Banking, 2010).
- Significant participation in the introduction of the topic of "environmental protection" at a large bank as a topic in corporate banking (nineties). This bank was probably the first institute in Germany to introduce environmental protection as a permanent issue in its business. The bank received an award for this initiative and continues to pursue this topic to this day.
He introduced modern information and communication technologies, e.g. B. electronic banking, as products in the corporate banking of Deutsche Bank. The aim was to conduct business with corporate customers more efficiently and to improve the quality of advice [Juncker: Electronic Banking for SMEs, in: Die Wirtschaft, April 6, 1995, p. 23]. The electronic processing of banking services is one of the products whose development and market launch he was responsible for or promoted in the discussion (theory and practice). An example of online banking , which was still relatively new at the time, would be the "paying at the cash register by signature" (OLV online direct debit), which is common today.
Deutsche Bank was later the first institute to first familiarize its corporate customers with the opportunities offered by the Internet.
After 1998, he pursued his professional interests and research areas mainly on the basis of his university teaching and research activities and as a co-editor of specialist journals and compilations and specialist book author, in addition to the aforementioned activities in the private financial sector.
Juncker worked from 1970 to 1979 to be a lecturer at the Bankakademie Cologne / Bonn. In the winter semester of 1998 he was given a teaching position at the chair for financing ("Modern Corporate Financing") at the Westphalian Wilhelms University in Münster and taught from the summer semester of 2000 to the winter semester of 2001 as the owner of the Dr. Otto Röhm endowed professorship at the TU Darmstadt (“technology-oriented business start-ups”). From the winter semester 1996 he was a lecturer at the Phillips University in Marburg, where he was made an honorary professor in 2001.
Juncker has published a large number of articles in newspapers, magazines and compilations, some with other specialist authors from practice and science. He is co-founder of the magazine Bank und Markt (1972), the leading specialist magazine for the market and competition of financial service providers for thirty years, and is its co-editor.
In addition, Juncker is the author, editor or co-editor of specialist books that have both a fundamental character - such as B. Marketing in Corporate Banking (1979) or the Corporate Banking Handbook (1993) - as well as aiming to provide food for thought. These include: Rationalization in Credit (1979) and Demographic Banking (2010).
- with Priewasser: Corporate customer business manual, Fritz Knapp Verlag, 1st edition 1993, 2nd edition 2000, ISBN 3-8314-0717-7
- Marketing in corporate customer business, Fritz Knapp Verlag, 1979, ISBN 3-7819-0217-X
- with Schlegelmilch: The capital investment company in theory and practice, Fritz Knapp Verlag, 1976, ISBN 3-7819-0170-X
Articles in newspapers, magazines and compilations
- The consequences of EMU for business with corporate customers, Stein, Joh. H. von, EURO manual, Verlag CH Beck, 1998, pp. 165-185
- mi Millar: Global treasury to the year 2000, Treasury Trends and Perspektiven, Fritz Knapp Verlag, 1997, pp. 19–40
- with Priewasser: Ten theses on corporate banking, Bank und Markt 11/97, p. 16 ff.
- Multimedia - multi-opportunities for sales, Sales Profi 4/97
- Monetary Union and Banks - The View of Corporate Banking, Bank Science Series, Volume 84 Monetary Union and Banks, 1996, Bank Verlag Wien, Otto Lucius (Ed.)
- 2000 program: high quality corporate customer care; K. Dingeldein, U. Kaeppel, Consulting Marketing for Bank Practice, June 1996, Chapter 4-2.2, pp. 18 ff.
- With the euro, even small companies have great opportunities, Industrieanzeiger No. 12 of March 18, 1996, Konradin Verlag
- 2000 program: Solution concepts for medium-sized companies !, KreditPraxis 1/1996, Gabler Verlag, Wiesbaden
- Building the bridge to corporate customers with new strategy concepts, Bank Magazin 12/95, Gabler Verlag
- Electronic banking for medium-sized companies, Die Wirtschaft, April 6, 1995, p. 23
- with Brockhoff-Hansen: Environmental Financing, Concise Dictionary of Finance and Banking, Gerke W. and Steiner M., 2nd edition, Stuttgart, 1993
- Corporate customer business: managing change, corporate customer business manual, ed. Juncker / Priewasser, Fritz Knapp Verlag, 1993, pp. 72-100
- with Priewasser: The corporate customer business on the way into the 21st century, manual corporate customer business, ed. Juncker / Priewasser, Fritz Knapp Verlag, 1993, pp. 857–858
- Perspectives in business with corporations, banks and the market 12/1992, p. 22 ff.
- How the banks can help finance environmental protection, Das Wirtschaftsstudium 5/1992, p. 367 ff.
- From market segmentation to strategic marketing in corporate banking, Handbuch des Bankmarketing, Eds. Süchting, J., van Hooven, E., 2nd ed. Wiesbaden, 1991, pp. 255 ff.
- with frills: The range of corporate finance using the example of a large bank, Der Long-Term Loan, 1991, p. 696 ff.
- Environmental protection - challenge and obligation, Bank und Markt 7/1990, p. 16 ff.
- Ecological tasks challenge the banks, Growing Gap, Rheinischer Merkur / Christ and Die Welt No. 14, April 6, 1990, II Merkur extra
- New services for medium- sized companies, Schweizer Bank 7/1989, p. 59 ff.
- Successful advice to medium-sized customers, bank clerk 6/1989, p. 14 ff.
- Diversification in corporate banking, Bank und Markt 4/1989, p. 5 ff.
- New information technologies in corporate banking as a strategic challenge, Die Bank 7/1988, p. 366 ff.
- with Pfuhlmann: Development tendencies in the field of computer-aided banking services, business research and practice 5/1988, p. 418 ff.
- Information provision - a new line of business in banking ?, ik report, magazine on information systems in the banking industry, volume 1, publisher Informationsring Kreditwirtschaft e. V., Mainz 1987, p. 18 ff.
- Investing with calculated risk, Fabrik 2000, 1986, p. 320 ff.
- Corporate planning in medium- sized companies, Der Mineralbrunnen 10/1986, p. 322 ff.
- Marketing and Management in Corporate Banking, Bank und Markt 6/1986, p. 25 ff.
- Marketing in corporate customer business today, Bank und Markt 8/1984, p. 22 ff.
- Bank rationalization , rationalization in the credit system, Fritz Knapp Verlag, 1979, pp. 9-18
- Marketing logistics in banking operations, Bank und Markt 6/1979, p. 28 ff.
- Corporate customer marketing of a cooperative bank, Bankpraxis `78, BVR series 04, Deutscher Genossenschafts-Verlag eG, Wiesbaden, p. 175 ff.
- Seniors - the forgotten target group ?, Bank Information 12/1978, p. 1 ff.
- Equity investment companies still under scrutiny, Bank Information 5/1978, p. 7 ff.
- Target group: Mittelstand, Bank Information 12/1977, p. 8 ff.
- Customer service at banks - no more Cinderella, Bank und Markt 12/1977, p. 28 ff.
- The bank as a consultant for medium-sized companies, Bank und Markt 4/1977, p. 5 ff.
- The operational suggestion scheme in banking, Bank Information 1/1977, p. 30 ff.
- with Schlegelmilch: The mediation of equity investments - a complementary banking service, Die Kapitalbeteiligungsgesellschaft in theory and practice, Fritz Knapp Verlag, 1976, p. 93 ff.
- On the social responsibility of banks, Rheinisches Genossenschaftsblatt, 1976, p. 343 ff.
- What can sales promotion really do ?, Bank and Markt 6/1976, p. 5 ff.
- Branch policy and branch management today, Bank Information 4/1976, p. 6 ff.
- Opening an account as a marketing approach, Bank und Markt 8/1975, p. 19
- Self-service - a form of distribution for credit institutions ?, Bank Information 2/1975, p. 27 ff.
- Customer-oriented organization of credit unions (II), Bank Information 2/1974, p. 15 ff.
- Customer- oriented organization of credit unions (I), Bank Information 1/1974, p. 10 ff.
- The new organization of the Kölner Bank, Bank und Markt 12/1973, p. 23 ff.
- Insurance - a banking business ?, Bank und Markt 9/1973, p. 26 ff.
- Form design - Marketing contra Computer ?, Bank und Markt 6/1973, p. 12 ff.
- Bank marketing needs product design, Bank und Markt 3/1973, p. 7 ff.
- On the marketing concept of the private bankers, VBO information no. 3/1972, p. 37 ff.
- With the check card for the "checkless society", Blätter für Genossenschaftwesen 1972, p. 370 ff.
- American Commercial Bank Services, Sheets for Cooperatives 1972, pp. 152 ff.
- with cranes: Advertising of the private banks, manual for public relations of the credit institutions, ed. Floss, Muthesius, Frankfurt, 1971, p. 170 ff.
- The role of preferential competition in the credit system, Journals for the entire credit system, 1971, p. 169 ff.
- Some Aspects of American Bank Marketing, Journal for the Entire Credit System 1971, pp. 1122 ff.
- Kösener Corpslisten 1996, 159/2153.
- Dissertation: Company pensions from a capital market policy perspective .
- "Age has a future" article in the magazine Die Zeit
- Award ( Memento from November 10, 2013 in the Internet Archive )
- Research reports 1999-2000
- Juncker lecture schedule
- Klaus Juncker resigns from his position as Chairman of the Board of Trustees ( Memento of the original from March 4, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link has been inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Contribution with Klaus Juncker on buergerstiftung-muenster.de ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- juncker list of honorary professors at the University of Marburg
- journals in the banking sector
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German economist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||September 21, 1943|