Kurt Kronenberg (born February 4, 1905 in Aupitz , † July 6, 1987 in Bad Gandersheim ) was a German lawyer , pastor and local researcher . He wrote several studies on the history of the monastery, town and district of Bad Gandersheim as well as a novel and stories with references to town history. The regional historical research is continued by his son Axel C. Kronenberg .
Live and act
Kurt Kronenberg studied law and theology in Jena. In 1928 he became a labor dissertation (published 1929) to Dr. jur. PhD . In 1932 he passed the second state examination in law. From 1932 to 1939 Kronenberg worked as a church lawyer in the administration of the Protestant church in several cities, most recently as senior consistorial councilor at the German Evangelical Church and the Evangelical Church Council in Berlin. During World War II he worked in the military administration in Greece. After the end of the war, Kronenberg changed his profession and became a pastor : at the end of 1946 he passed a theological examination in Wolfenbüttel. First he took over a parish in Zorge from 1947 to 1949 , then went to Jerstedt for five years and finally worked from 1954 to 1975 as a pastor in the town parish in Bad Gandersheim.
In the 1930s he wrote many articles on family history research in Mansfeld , which he published as co-editor in Mansfeld Kinship Studies . From 1958 onwards, Kronenberg wrote several publications on the history of the monastery, town and district of Bad Gandersheim. He also wrote a novel and published a collection of short stories related to the history of the city.
Kurt Kronenberg's estate is in the Wolfenbüttel State Archives .
In 1971 Kurt Kronenberg received the Cross of Merit on the Ribbon of the Lower Saxony Order of Merit . In 1975 he became an honorary citizen of Bad Gandersheim. In 1989 a path on the Clusberg was named “Dr. Kurt Kronenberg - way ".
Publications until 1945:
- The exceptions to the indispensability of tariff norms. Publishing house Robert Noske, Borna-Leipzig 1929 (dissertation, University of Jena, 1929).
- The rulership of Röblingen: history and stories of the old lake villages on the south bank of the former salt lake; Oberröblingen, Unterröblingen, Amsdorf, Wansleben. Ernst Schneider, Eisleben 1931 (together with Hermann Etzrodt).
- Fire over Seeburg: pictures from the great war. Hallische Nachrichten, Halle 1932.
- Mansfeld family history: local supplement to the Eisleber Tageblatt (1933–1941; as editor and co-author; table of contents ).
- The Wegesche Chronik: History of a Mansfeld farming family. Written on behalf of the family association of ways. Schneider, Eisleben 1933 (together with Hermann Etzrodt).
- Acting under a false name, especially when giving up. Nolte, Düsseldorf 1936 (dissertation, University of Erlangen, 1937).
- Church documents for family research and German-blooded ancestry proof: A guide for pastors and church bookkeepers in the applicable provisions, decrees and fee regulations. Evangelical Press Association for Germany, Berlin-Steglitz 1937.
- Hirsch: history of a Mansfeld family. Part 1: 1500-1750. Dr. H. Ch. Hirsch, Halle (Saale) 1938 (together with Hermann Etzrodt).
- Mansfeld fishermen: stories about the salty and sweet lake (= pictures from the Mansfeld past. Vol. 2). Schneider, Eisleben 1940.
Regional historical studies:
- Dilapidated knight castles around Gandersheim. CF Hertel publishing house, Bad Gandersheim 1960.
- Kronenhaus and Kaisersall: Gandersheim monastery building then and now. CF Hertel publishing house, Bad Gandersheim 1960.
- Abbesses of the Baroque: Lives in Bad Gandersheim 1665: 1713. Verlag CF Hertel, Bad Gandersheim 1961.
- Chronicle of Lewe-Liebenburg. CF Hertel publishing house, Bad Gandersheim 1963.
- Ellierode: The Hidden Village, Chronicle. CF Hertel publishing house, Bad Gandersheim 1963.
- Hikes around Gandersheim. CF Hertel publishing house, Bad Gandersheim 1965.
- Clus and Brunshausen: Abandoned Monasteries. Publishing house CF Hertel, Bad Gandersheim 1966.
- Chronicle of Opperhausen: Village in the Auetal. Publishing house CF Hertel, Bad Gandersheim 1966.
- With Merian through Gandersheim: Foray through the city based on the Merian engraving from 1652. CF Hertel publishing house, Bad Gandersheim 1968.
- Gandersheimer Chronikblätter: Local supplement to the Gandersheimer Kreisblatt (1970–1986).
- The Clus monastery church and its carved altar. Edited by the Ev.-luth. Clus parish on the occasion of the 850 celebration in 1977. Printed by CF Hertel Bad Gandersheim.
- Chronicle of the city of Bad Gandersheim. Published by the city of Bad Gandersheim in 1978.
- The abbesses of the Reichsstift Gandersheim. Publishing house Gandersheimer Kreisblatt, Bad Gandersheim 1981.
- Brunshausen: From the mission monastery to the summer palace of an abbess. Publishing house Gandersheimer Kreisblatt, Bad Gandersheim 1983.
- House chronicle of the city of Bad Gandersheim. Lax Publishing House, Hildesheim 1983.
- The stained glass windows of the Gandersheim collegiate church. Deutscher Kunstverlag, Munich, Berlin 1984.
City and church guides:
- Gandersheim: The Reichsstift and its works of art. Deutscher Kunstverlag, Munich a. Berlin 1974.
- Bad Gandersheim: Guide through the millennial Roswithastadt am Harz. Publishing house Gandersheim Kreisblatt, Bad Gandersheim 1962.
- Gandersheim: The Reichsstift and its works of art. Deutscher Kunstverlag, Munich / Berlin 1983.
- Bad Gandersheim in old views. European Library, Zaltbommel / Netherlands, 2nd edition 1986.
Publications on Roswitha von Gandersheim:
- Roswitha von Gandersheim: life and work. Publishing house CF Hertel, Bad Gandersheim 1962.
- Roswitha von Gandersheim: The letters. Bad Gandersheim o. J.
- Roswitha von Gandersheim: From the beginnings of the Gandersheim monastery. CF Hertel publishing house, Bad Gandersheim 1973.
Novels and short stories:
- The wise and the foolish virgins: Novella from the story of Gandersheim. Publishing house Giebel & Oehlschlägel, Osterode Harz 1958.
- Christmas stories from the old Gandersheim, drawings by Theda Thielking. CF Hertel publishing house, Bad Gandersheim 1977.
- Eva von Trott: Novel from the history of Gandersheim. With drawings by Theda Tielking. Hertel publishing house, Bad Gandersheim 1980.
- Gandersheim Novellas: Memorable incidents from the history of Gandersheim. With drawings by Theda Tielking. Publishing house Gandersheimer Kreisblatt, Bad Gandersheim 1982.
- The Gandersheim Health Well: A story from the history of the Gandersheim spa. Published by Gandersheimer Volksbank eG, Bad Gandersheim 1985.
- Axel Christoph Kronenberg: Dr. Kurt Kronenberg - pastor, honorary citizen and historian. (PDF; 2.4 MB) In: Bad Gandersheim: The Kurzeitung. 2/2005, p. 10 f.
- Dieter Lent: Kronenberg, Otto Oskar Kurt. In: Horst-Rüdiger Jarck, Günter Scheel (ed.): Braunschweigisches Biographisches Lexikon: 19th and 20th centuries. Hahnsche Buchhandlung Verlag, Hanover 1996, ISBN 3-7752-5838-8 , p. 349f.
- Jürgen Uhlhorn, Hans-Walter Krumwiede: Kurt Kronenberg 1905–1987. In: Yearbook of the Society for Church History in Lower Saxony. Volume 85, 1987, p. 302
- Dieter Lent: Kronenberg, Otto Oskar Kurt . In: Horst-Rüdiger Jarck, Günter Scheel (ed.): Braunschweigisches Biographisches Lexikon: 19th and 20th centuries . Hahnsche Buchhandlung Verlag, Hanover 1996, p. 349 f.
- Axel Christoph Kronenberg: Dr. Kurt Kronenberg - pastor, honorary citizen and historian. ( Memento of the original from May 31, 2011 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. (PDF; 2.4 MB) In: Bad Gandersheim: The Kurzeitung. 2/2005, p. 10 f.
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Kronenberg, Otto Oskar Kurt (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German lawyer, pastor and local researcher|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 4, 1905|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Aupitz (today: Granschütz , district of Hohenmölsen )|
|DATE OF DEATH||July 6, 1987|
|Place of death||Bad Gandersheim|