Lessing Museum (Kamenz)
The Lessing Museum in Kamenz is dedicated to the person, the work and the work of Gotthold Ephraim Lessing .
Since the house where he was born fell victim to a fire in 1842, a Lessing memorial was inaugurated on June 1, 1863 with the construction of the Lessing monument created by the sculptor Hermann Knaur . On the occasion of Lessing's 200th birthday in 1929, the citizens of Kamenz founded the Lessing House in Kamenz and erected a representative building elsewhere, which was inaugurated in 1931 on the 150th anniversary of the poet's death. The Lessing Museum is located on the ground floor; the city library was set up on the first floor.
The Lessing Museum includes a library with 5,500 titles on the life and work of the poet as well as a collection on Lessing's family history. Since 1962 the Lessing Museum has been organizing the Kamenz Lessing Days, which take place every two years between Lessing's birthday on January 22nd and the anniversary of his death on February 15, and which have opened since 1993 with the award of the Lessing Prizes of the Free State of Saxony .
Opposite the Lessinghaus is the also listed Röhrmeisterhaus, which is used for events today.
In 1998, four sculptures based on Lessing's fables, created by the sculptor Johannes Peschel , were installed in the grounds of the Lessinghaus, which merges into the Kamenzer Volkspark .
The museum's collections have been published:
- Volume 1 - Library
- Part 1; ISBN 3-910046-11-8
- Part 2; ISBN 3-910046-16-9
- Volume 2 - Theatralia
- Part 1 Nathan the Wise; ISBN 3-910046-22-3
- Part 2 Minna von Barnhelm; ISBN 3-910046-30-4
- Part 3 Emilia Galotti; ISBN 3-910046-37-1
- Part 4 Early Dramas
- Volume 5 - Legacies
- Part 1; Erich Schmidt; ISBN 3-910046-31-2
- Part 2/1; Gertrud Rudloff-Hille; ISBN 3-910046-23-1
- Part 2/2; Gertrud Rudloff-Hille; ISBN 3-910046-29-0
- Part 2/3; Gertrud Rudloff-Hille; ISBN 3-910046-36-3
- Volume 7 - Coins; ISBN 3-910046-24-X
- ↑ Lessingstadt Kamenz ( Memento of the original from September 23, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- ↑ Lessingmuseum Kamenz ( Memento of the original from 23 August 2012 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
Coordinates: 51 ° 16 ′ 19 ″ N , 14 ° 5 ′ 41 ″ E