Munich's local mountains
As Munich local mountains , a loose group of mountains is within the Northern Limestone Alps referred, which are characterized by the city of Munich to be accessible as a day trip for mountain tours or similar alpine sports like rock climbing or skiing. Since Munich itself is located on the Munich gravel plain, the city has no natural local mountain in the immediate vicinity. Instead, several mountain destinations, especially in the following mountain groups, are counted among Munich's local mountains:
- Mangfall Mountains , z. B. Plankenstein
- Ammergau Alps , z. B. Ettaler Mandl
- Karwendel , e.g. B. Lamb lace
- Rofan , e.g. B. Guffert
- Chiemgau Alps , z. B. Kampenwand
- Wetterstein Mountains , e.g. B. Alpspitze
- ↑ Michael Pause: Münchner Hausberge, BLV Verlagsgesellschaft, Munich, 2002, 21st, revised edition
- ↑ Hikes: Munich's local mountains. In: bergtour-online.de. October 16, 2014, accessed April 26, 2020 .
- ↑ Munich's local mountains: between the summit cross and the Bräustüberl. In: Spiegel Online . April 13, 2010, accessed April 26, 2020 .
- ↑ Bike and Hike Munich's local mountains. In: tourentipp.com. Retrieved April 26, 2020 .