The daughter of the film director EW Emo and the actress Anita Dorris received her artistic training from 1952 to 1954 at the Max Reinhardt Seminar in Vienna. She played teenage lovers at the Theater in der Josefstadt and at the Vienna Volkstheater . Later, the blonde beauty was a sought-after guest actress as an interpreter of classical pieces on various stages in Europe and South America. At the Salzburg Festival in 1963 she played the role of "Buhlschaft".
Maria Emo's appearances in the cinema were relatively rare. She received leading roles in the literary adaptations Bel Ami (based on Guy de Maupassant ), Das Mädchen vom Moorhof (based on Selma Lagerlöf ) and Mr Puntila and his servant Matti (based on Bertolt Brecht ). In the American production Hitler she took on the role of Eva Braun . In later years she was also seen in television games and series.
Maria Emo lives in Hamburg and works as a professor for acting at the Hamburg University of Music and Theater .
- 1955: Yes, that's the way it is with love (marriage sanatorium)
- 1955: Bel Ami
- 1955: Mr. Puntila and his servant Matti
- 1958: The girl from the Moorhof
- 1960: My name is Robert Guiscard (TV movie)
- 1962: Hitler
- 1963: Nikolaus von Flüe - Pacem in Terris
- 1963: Annunciation (TV movie)
- 1964: The apartment
- 1966: Woyzeck (TV movie)
- 1966: The devil
- 1971: Elisabeth of Austria (TV movie)
- 1972: Crime scene: The Velvet Trap
- 1975: Turandot or the White Washer Congress (TV movie)
- 1980: crime scene: the yellow petticoat
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian actress|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 8, 1936|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Berlin , Germany|