Mark King (musician)
Mark King (born October 20, 1958 in Cowes , Isle of Wight ) is a British musician . He is the funk bassist and singer of the pop band Level 42 , and since summer 2017 he has also been the bassist of the group Gizmodrome .
King started playing drums when he was nine years old until he discovered the bass when he was 19. In a very short time he learned to play the bass and founded the band Level 42 in 1980 together with the brothers Boon Gould and Phil Gould as well as the keyboardist Mike Lindup .
King has been and is hired as a guest musician for numerous productions by other artists. In 2010 he took part in the Prince's Trust rock gala with Eric Clapton , Phil Collins and Jools Holland , among others .
- Influences (Polygram / 1984)
- One Man (Eagle Records / 1998)
- Trash (DFP-Music / 1999)
- Live at the Jazz Cafe ( DFP-Music / 1999) (live)
- Live on the Isle of Wight (DFP-Music / 2000) (live)
- I Feel Free (Polygram / 1984)
- Bitter Moon (Eagle Records / 1998)
- Official website of Level42 (English)
- Mark King at Allmusic (English)
- Mark King at Discogs (English)
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||British musician|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 20, 1958|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Cowes , Isle of Wight|