Martin Krause (Coptologist)
Martin Krause (* 1930 in Planitz ) is a German coptologist .
Martin Krause studied Protestant theology, Egyptology and the history of religion at the Universities of Leipzig and Berlin. He passed the theological state examination in 1954 and worked as a research assistant in the Egyptian Department of the State Museums in Berlin until October 1958. In 1956 he was at the Humboldt University of Berlin with a thesis on Bishop Abraham of Hermonthis Dr. phil. and in 1958 at the University of Leipzig with an investigation into Egyptian monasticism for Dr. theol. PhD. From 1958 to 1963 he worked as a consultant for coptology at the Cairo department of the German Archaeological Institute . On June 18, 1965 , he completed his habilitation at the University of Münster and received a Venia legendi for Egyptology with special attention to Coptic Studies . On August 18, 1970, he was appointed professor at the University of Münster and taught there until his retirement in 1996.
- Apa Abraham by Hermonthis. An Upper Egyptian bishop around 600 . Berlin 1956, OCLC 867132724 (also dissertation, HU Berlin 1956).
- The Apa Apollon monastery in Bawit. Investigation of unpublished documents as a contribution to the history of Egyptian monasticism . Leipzig 1958, OCLC 315900160 (also dissertation, Leipzig 1958).
- The three versions of John's Apocryphon in the Coptic Museum in Old Cairo (= treatises of the German Archaeological Institute in Cairo. Coptic series. Volume 1). Harrassowitz, Wiesbaden 1962, OCLC 603186739 .
- with Pahor Labib : Gnostic and Hermetic Writings from Codex II and Codex VI (= treatises of the German Archaeological Institute Cairo. Coptic Series. Volume 2). Glückstadt, Augustin 1971, OCLC 760619552 .
- with Kurt Rudolph (ed.): Coptic and Mandaean sources (= Die Gnosis. Volume 2). Artemis-Verlag, Zurich / Stuttgart 1971, OCLC 310752344
- = Coptic and Mandaean sources (= The Gnosis. Volume 2). Artemis-Verlag, Zurich 1995, ISBN 3-7608-1106-X .
- = Coptic and Mandaean sources (= The Gnosis. Volume 2). Patmos, Düsseldorf 2007, ISBN 349169146X .
- (Ed.): Nubian Studies. Heidelberg, April 22-25 September 1982 (= conference files of the international conference of the International Society for Nubian Studies. Volume 5). von Zabern, Mainz am Rhein 1986, ISBN 3-8053-0878-7 .
- with Sofia Schaten (Ed.): Themelia. Late Antiquity and Coptic Studies. Peter Grossmann on his 65th birthday (= languages and cultures of the Christian Orient. Volume 3). Reichert, Wiesbaden 1998, ISBN 3-89500-063-9 .
- (Ed.): Egypt in the late antique Christian time. Introduction to the Coptic culture (= languages and cultures of the Christian Orient. Volume 4). Reichert, Wiesbaden 1998, ISBN 3-89500-079-5 .
- with Siegfried G. Richter , Sofia Schaten, Stephen Emmel (eds.): Egypt and Nubia in Late Antique and Christian Times. Files of the 6th International Coptic Congress, Münster, July 20-26, 1996 (= languages and cultures of the Christian Orient. Volume 6). Reichert, Wiesbaden 1999, ISBN 3-89500-095-7 .
- Volume 1. Material culture, art, and religious life .
- Volume 2. Literature, language and world of thought .
- Maria Cramer (†) - Martin Krause (Ed.): The Coptic Antiphonary (M 575 and P 11967) (= Jerusalem Theological Forum 12). Aschendorff, Münster 2008, ISBN 978-3-402-11018-8 .
- Cäcilia Fluck, Lucia Langener, Siegfried G. Richter , Sofia Schaten, Gregor Wurst (eds.): Divitiae Aegypti. Coptological and related studies in honor of Martin Krause . Reichert, Wiesbaden 1995, ISBN 3-88226-835-2 (pp. IX-XXII list of publications).
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German coptologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1930|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Planitz|