He was born the son of an agronomist and studied at the Faculty of Asian Studies at Tbilisi State University until 1957 . From 1958 he worked as a freelance writer and was also active as an actor, where he appeared in films of his own works in particular.
- molodini (expectation), collection of short stories, 1961
- didedebi da svilisvilebi (Grandmothers and Grandchildren), collection of short stories, 1964
- sinos citeli xarebi (Sinos red oxen), collection of short stories, 1968
- beberi mezurneebi (The Old Musicians), collection of short stories, 1968; The story Die alten Musikanten was published in 1982 in the Free World in German translation.
- piesebi da kinoscenarebi (plays and film scenarios), 1982
- 1968: A big, green valley ( Didi mtswane weli )
- Steffi Chotiwari-Jünger : Guram Dotschanaschwili In: The distant white peak. Georgian stories. Verlag Volk und Welt Berlin 1984, page 449.
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||მერაბ ელიოზიშვილი (Georgian)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Georgian writer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1934|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Tskhinvali|
|DATE OF DEATH||4th January 2012|
|Place of death||Tbilisi|