Mike Parker (athlete, 1938)
At the Olympic Games in Tokyo in 1964, he reached the semi-finals.
In 1966 he won silver at the European Indoor Games in Dortmund over 60 m hurdles and for England starting at the British Empire and Commonwealth Games in Kingston over 120 yard hurdles. At the European Athletics Championships in Budapest , he failed in the run-up.
At the 1968 Olympic Games in Mexico City, he did not get past the first round.
In 1964 he was English champion over 120 yard hurdles and in 1964, 1965 and 1966 English indoor champion over 60 yard hurdles.
- 50 m hurdles (hall): 6.7 s, December 7, 1963, Antwerp
- 60 m hurdles (hall): 7.8 s, March 27, 1966, Dortmund
- 110 m hurdles: 13.9 s, October 2, 1963, Budapest
- Athlete portrait at Power of Ten
- Mike Parker in the database of TOPS in athletics (English)
- Mike Parker in the database of trackfield.brinkster.net (English)
- Mike Parker in the database of Sports-Reference (English; archived from the original )
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Parker, John Michael|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||British hurdler|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 2, 1938|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Bridgnorth|