- In the Prussian Army , general offices took care of the infrastructure and logistics .
- Austria-Hungary had a military administration in Serbia .
- From November 1915 to July 1918, an area on the Eastern Front called Ober Ost was under the General Staff of the Commander-in-Chief East.
- The Occupied Enemy Territory Administration (OETA) was established in the Levant after the collapse of the Ottoman Empire and administered jointly by Great Britain and France. At the Sanremo Conference it was divided into the French-dominated League of Nations mandate for Syria and Lebanon and the British mandate for Palestine .
- During the Second World War , the Wehrmacht maintained military administrations in the occupied territories, for example in the Baltic States , Belgium , France , Italy , Yugoslavia , Montenegro , Norway , Poland and Romania .
- Russia (and previously the Soviet Union ) has had a military administration since the 16th century.
- The Bundeswehr Administration is one of the largest authorities in the Federal Republic of Germany .