Municipio of San Agustín Etla
|San Agustin Etla|
|Seat||San Agustin Etla|
|density||70.4 inhabitants per km²|
|Presidente municipal||José Luis Ramos Cruz|
San Agustín Etla is a municipality in the Mexican state of Oaxaca . The municipality covers an area of 55.3 km². In 2010, 3,893 people lived in the municipality. The administrative seat and largest place in the municipality is the eponymous San Agustín Etla .
The municipality of San Agustín Etla is located at an altitude between Etla district in the Valles Centrales region, around 16 kilometers from the city center of Oaxaca de Juarez . It belongs entirely to the physiographic province of the Sierra Madre del Sur and lies almost entirely in the catchment area of the Río Atoyac . The geology of the municipality is dominated by cataclasites , the predominant soil type is the Cambisol . 60% of the municipality is forested, around 25% are used for agriculture.and in the east of the
In the 2010 census, 3,893 people were counted in the municipality. Of these, 1.57% spoke an indigenous language and 2.72% were illiterate. 42.67% of the inhabitants of San Agustín Etlas were as labor force registered, of which 2.17% were unemployed. The predominant economic sectors were the tertiary (67.89%) and the secondary sector (24.75%).
In addition to the main town of San Agustín Etla with 3,708 inhabitants, the municipality includes six other towns, all of which have fewer than a hundred inhabitants: Colonia Azucena , Colonia Reforma , Cristo Rey , Manuel Gómez Portillo , Rancho de los Jiménez and Río Salinas .
The community policy is determined according to indigenous customary law.
The Centro de las Artes San Agustín (CaSa), a former building of the Hilados y Tejidos La Soledad textile factory founded in 1883 , was converted into an exhibition building and opened in 2006. The building with an area of around 5,700 m² contains exhibition rooms, a library, traditional graphics workshop, textile dyeing workshop, two pottery shops and an associated glass gallery. The upper floor of the center is dedicated to the performing arts.
- Enciclopedia de los Municipios y Delegaciones de México: Municipio San Agustín Etla (Spanish)
- INEGI : Datos Geográficos: Municipio San Agustín Etla (Spanish; PDF)
- bieoaxaca.org: community data
- Website of the Centro de las Artes San Agustín Etla
- bieoaxaca.org: Catálogo municipal de usos y costumbres: San Agustín Etla ( Memento of the original from May 1, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- site CaSa