Bad Schwartau city museum
The Museum of the City of Bad Schwartau in Bad Schwartau ( Ostholstein district in Schleswig-Holstein ) is a local history museum opened in 1989 . The museum was closed in spring 2018. The city of Bad Schwartau plans to hold the corresponding exhibitions in the old district court building, which is to be taken over (bought) by the city in the near future. An exact date has not been set. The museum was opened in 1989 in the building of the former Kurmittelhaus near the city center of Bad Schwartau and shows collections of art-historical exhibits on the history of the city of Bad Schwartau.
Since the museum opened in 1989 until it was temporarily closed in 2018, the permanent exhibition has focused on:
- Natural history collections in the region
- A documentation of the life and works of the Schwartau-born sculptor Paul Peterich
- Documentation of the city and cultural history of Bad Schwartau
- History of the region and the city, including the " storming of the Schwartau turnpike "
- History of the development of spa and bathing in Bad Schwartau (from climatic health resort to iodine brine / mud bath )
- Objects from the early days of the Schwartauer Werke
- A documentation of the history of Bad Schwartau in the time of National Socialism
- A collection documenting life in the 19th century
In addition to the permanent exhibition, various special exhibitions were shown.
Viktor Kaczkowski directed the museum from 1989 to 2018. He had been working for the city of Bad Schwartau since 1985 and built the museum. Judith Ohrtmann took over the management of the museum in December 2018.
Closing and reopening
The Museum of the City of Bad Schwartau is currently undergoing extensive restructuring, which includes both a new conception and a change of location. For this purpose, the museum was temporarily closed to visitors. No date has yet been set for the reopening.
- Georg Harders: Successful Schwartau sediment collector: Hans-Jürgen Sterley - in: Jahrbuch für Heimatkunde, Eutin 1997 (pages 145–146)
- Manfred Bannow-Lindtke ( Ed .: Stadt Bad Schwartau) - Bad Schwartau under the swastika 1929–1945 (exhibition guide ), Bad Schwartau 1993
- The boss leaves, the museum closes, LN-Online April 4, 2018 , accessed on July 18, 2019
- Judith Ohrtmann introduces herself, communications from the city of Bad Schwartau , accessed on July 18, 2019