Life and accomplishments
Haghighipour received his Bachelor of Science in Physics from the University of Tehran in 1989 and his Master of Science in Physics on Cosmology from the University of Missouri in 1997 . He completed his doctorate in physics in 1999 at the University of Missouri with Bahram Mashhoon on planetary dynamics and orbital resonance in a 3-body system. After postdoctoral stays at the University of California, Los Angeles , the Department of Physics and Astronomy in Irvine , the Dearborn Observatory of Northwestern University and the Department of Terrestrial Magnetism (DTM) of the Carnegie Institution for Science , he moved to the Institute for Astronomy from the University of Hawaii , first as Assistant Astronomer, from 2010 as Associate Astronomer and since 2016 as Full Astronomer.
Nader Haghighipour is a member of the American Astronomical Society (AAS), since 1998 of the NASA Astrobiology Institute (NAI) and the International Astronomical Union (IAU). He was Vice President of the latter from 2012 to 2015 and has been President of Division F ( Planetary Systems and Bioastronomy ) since 2015 . In 2012 he was awarded a research fellowship of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation ( Humboldt Research Fellowship for Experienced Researchers ) to continue in the exploration of planets in binary systems to work. The scholarship also included stays at the Max Planck Institute for Astronomy in Heidelberg and the University of Tübingen .
- N. Haghighipour: The Formation and Dynamics of Super-Earth Planets . In: Annual Review of Earth and Planetary Sciences . tape 41 , 2013, p. 469-495 , doi : 10.1146 / annurev-earth-042711-105340 .
- SS Vogt , RP Butler , N. Haghighipour: GJ 581 update: Additional evidence for a Super-Earth in the habitable zone . In: Astronomical News . tape 333 , no. 7 , 2012, p. 561-575 , doi : 10.1002 / asna.201211707 .
- E. Gerlach, N. Haghighipour: Can GJ 876 host four planets in resonance? In: Celestial Mechanics and Dynamical Astronomy . tape 113 , no. 1 , 2012, p. 35-47 , doi : 10.1007 / s10569-012-9408-0 .
- G. Anglada-Escudé, P. Arriagada, SS Vogt , EJ Rivera, RP Butler , JD Crane, SA Shectman, IB Thompson, D. Minniti, N. Haghighipour, BD Carter and CG Tinney, RA Wittenmyer, JA Bailey, SJ O 'Toole, HRA Jones, JS Jenkins: A Planetary System around the nearby M Dwarf GJ 667C with At Least One Super-Earth in Its Habitable Zone . In: The Astrophysical Journal Letters . tape 751 , no. 1 , 2012, p. L16 , doi : 10.1088 / 2041-8205 / 751/1 / L16 .
- SS Vogt, RP Butler, EJ Rivera, N. Haghighipour, GW Henry, and MH Williamson: The Lick-Carnegie Exoplanet Survey: A 3.1 M ⊕ Planet in the Habitable Zone of the Nearby M3V Star Gliese 581 . In: The Astrophysical Journal . tape 723 , no. 1 , 2010, p. 954-965 , doi : 10.1088 / 0004-637X / 723/1/954 .
- Louise Good: UH Astronomer Receives Humboldt Fellowship. In: Institute for Astronomy at the University of Hawaii. March 5, 2012, accessed October 5, 2016 .
- Nader Haghighipour: Nader Haghighipour. (PDF) Curriculum Vitae. 2016, accessed on October 5, 2016 (See also the slightly different version .).
- Nader Haghighipour: Resonance Lock and Planetary Dynamics . University of Missouri-Columbia, Columbia 1999 (121 pp.).
- Website at the Institute for Astronomy at the University of Hawaii
- Profile at the International Astronomical Union
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Iranian-American astronomer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1967|