Nelly Schmidt shared the fate of persecution of many Black Sea German settlers in Ukraine . Her father was arrested in 1937 and sentenced to 30 years of forced labor. After the German attack on the Soviet Union , she, like the other Germans, faced deportation to Siberia. The family then fled in the country. However, the village of Andrenburg on the Dnieper, where she was staying, was previously captured by German troops. During the German occupation, she returned with her mother to their place of birth. Before the approaching Red Army in 1943, Nelly Schmidt fled to Germany. From 1945 she lived in Schwäbisch Gmünd and completed an apprenticeship as a tailor. She then married in 1951 and settled in Waiblingen .
Nelly Däs' story Das Mädchen vom Fährhaus was filmed for ZDF in 1996 under the title Nadja - Heimkehr in die Fremde .
- 1982: Federal Cross of Merit on ribbon
- 1990: Golden Badge of Honor of the State of Baden-Württemberg
- 1996: Russian German Culture Prize of the State of Baden-Württemberg
As a writer
- The girl from the ferry house. 1988, new edition Tebbert 2003, ISBN 3-89738-299-7
- Emilie, mistress of Christiansfeld. Tebbert 2002, ISBN 3-89738-269-5
- Aljoscha: a boy from Krivoj Rog. Georg-Bitter-Verlag, Recklinghausen 1991, ISBN 3-7903-0439-5
- With Timofej through the taiga. Georg-Bitter-Verlag, Recklinghausen 1990, ISBN 3-7903-0397-6
- Fateful years in Siberia. Westkreuz-Verlag, Berlin , ISBN 3-922131-36-0
- Let the youth speak. Russian-German youths report. Oetinger Friedrich, Hamburg 1987, ISBN 3-7891-1806-0
- All traces are gone. Russian-German women in exile. Cultural Office of Germans from Russia, Stuttgart 1997, without ISBN
- Literature by and about Nelly Däs in the catalog of the German National Library
- Homepage of Nelly Daes
- Nelly Däs in the exile club
- Carmine Chiellino (Ed.): Intercultural Literature in Germany: A Handbook . JB Metzler, Stuttgart / Weimar 2000, ISBN 978-3-476-01618-8 , 7.Literature of the Russian Germans ( Annelore Engel-Braunschmidt ), p. 153 .
- Entry in the author database of the Federal Association Friedrich Bödecker Kreis eV for reading promotion and literature mediation for children and young people
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Russian-German writer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||January 8, 1930|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Friedenthal near Saporischschja , Ukrainian SSR|