Norbert Richard Wolf
Norbert Richard Wolf (born February 19, 1943 in Salzburg ) is an Austrian Germanic medievalist , linguist and dialectologist . He is an emeritus professor for German linguistics at the University of Würzburg .
Norbert Richard Wolf attended elementary school and the humanistic grammar school in Salzburg before completing a degree in German, English, philosophy and psychology at the University of Innsbruck . In 1966 he was promoted to Dr. PhD and assistant at the Institute for German Philology at the university there. From 1970 to 1971 he was Visiting Associate Professor in the Department of Germanic and Slavic Languages at Texas Tech University , Lubbock , Texas . Since 1974 he has had his habilitation in the field of “German Language and Older German Literature”. From 1976 to 1977 he represented the chair for German linguistics at the University of Würzburg. From 1977 to 2008 he held this chair. He retired on April 1st, 2008. Norbert R. Wolf received several honorary doctorates, for example from the Swedish University of Umeå and the Finnish University of Jyväskylä.
Wolf has been married since 1968. He has two children.
- The secular songs of the monk of Salzburg . 1966 (diss.)
- Regional and national norm in the late Middle Ages. Graphematic and lexical studies of German and Dutch written dialects . 1975 (Habil.)
- History of the German language . Vol. 1: Old High German - Middle High German. 1981
- Problems of a German valence grammar . 1982
- as publisher: Knowledge-organizing and knowledge-imparting literature in the Middle Ages. Perspectives on their exploration. Colloquium 5-7 December 1985. Wiesbaden 1987 (= knowledge literature in the Middle Ages. Writings of the Collaborative Research Center 226 Würzburg / Eichstätt. Volume 1).
- Dictionary of Lower Franconia . (Together with M. Fritz-Scheuplein, A. König and S. Krämer-Neubert). 1996
- Word and concept formation in early New High German knowledge literature. Noun affix formation . 1997
- Literature by and about Norbert Richard Wolf in the catalog of the German National Library
- Curriculum vitae on germanistik.uni-wuerzburg.de (PDF; 11 kB)
- List of publications by Norbert Richard Wolf. on germanistik.uni-wuerzburg.de (PDF; 144 kB)
- Website of Norbert Richard Wolf at the Lower Franconian Dialect Institute (with photo). at unterfraenkisches-dialektinstitut.de
- Entry on Norbert Richard Wolf in the directory of Germanists
- Curriculum vitae (PDF; 11 kB) at germanistik.uni-wuerzburg.de, accessed on April 3, 2013.
- Honorary doctorate for Norbert Richard Wolf at uni-protocol.de, accessed on April 3, 2013.
|SURNAME||Wolf, Norbert Richard|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian medievalist, linguist and dialectologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 19, 1943|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Salzburg|