Oscar W. Gabriel
His doctorate took place in 1975 at the University of Hamburg , his habilitation in 1983 at the University of Mainz . From 1992 to 2012 he held a chair at the University of Stuttgart , was director at the Institute for Political Science and Social Sciences and head of the department “Political Systems and Political Sociology”. From 1996 to 1998 he was dean of the Faculty of History, Social and Economic Sciences. Gabriel works as a visiting professor at several universities and research institutions.
- 2007: Officer of the Ordre des Palmes Académiques
- Herbert Marcuse's theses on the universality of rule in industrial society. Notes on a key category of Herbert Marcuse's social analysis. Dissertation. University of Hamburg 1975.
- Political culture, post-materialism and materialism in the Federal Republic of Germany. On the theory and empirical analysis of political orientation patterns in the Federal Republic of the 1970s. Habilitation thesis. Opladen 1986, ISBN 3-531-11778-5 .
- (Ed.): Handbook Political System of the Federal Republic of Germany. 3., completely redesigned. and exp. Edition. Munich u. a. 2005, ISBN 3-486-27343-4 .
- (Ed.): The EU countries in comparison. Structures, processes, policy content. 3. update and exp. Edition. Wiesbaden 2008, ISBN 3-531-42282-0 .
- with Jürgen W. Falter , Bernhard Weßels (Ed.): Elections and voters. Analyzes on the occasion of the 2005 Bundestag election. Wiesbaden 2009, ISBN 978-3-531-16413-7 .
- Engagement in volunteer organizations. Productive Capital in a Modern Society? Wiesbaden 2010, ISBN 978-3-8100-3929-3 .
- with Bettina Westle (ed.): Political voting behavior. An introduction. Baden-Baden 2010, ISBN 978-3-8329-5225-9 .
- with Bernhard Weßels & Harald Schoen (eds.): Elections and voters: analyzes on the occasion of the 2009 federal election . Wiesbaden 2013, ISBN 978-3-658-01327-1 .
- Literature by and about Oscar W. Gabriel in the catalog of the German National Library
- CV on the website of the University of Stuttgart
|SURNAME||Gabriel, Oscar W.|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Gabriel, Oscar|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German political scientist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 11, 1947|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Down|