Oskar Anderson (painter)
Anderson, son of the Swedish bodyguard and tailor Johan Anderson and his wife Brita Charlotta Langevall, had to make a living at the age of 13 because of the early death of his father. He trained as a lithographer and worked in this profession from 1849 to 1853. From 1853 to 1855 he attended the Stockholm Art Academy , where he made a name for himself in history painting with equestrian paintings and at an exhibition in 1864 for the painting Gustav II Adolf was honored with the royal medal in the battle of Meve (Gustav II Adolf i slaget vid Mewe) . With a travel grant, Anderson went to Düsseldorf , the center of the Düsseldorf School of Painting . Between 1864 and 1868 he took private lessons there from Wilhelm Camphausen . In particular, he deepened horse painting, which became his specialty. The lithographs that he published in 1867 under the title Studier af hästar och hundar (studies of horses and dogs) are of particular importance . In 1868 he was accepted as Agré in the Stockholm Art Academy. In the same year he passed away by suicide .
- Georg Nordensvan : Anderson, Oskar Leonhard . In: Ulrich Thieme , Felix Becker (Hrsg.): General Lexicon of Fine Artists from Antiquity to the Present . Founded by Ulrich Thieme and Felix Becker. tape 1 : Aa – Antonio de Miraguel . Wilhelm Engelmann, Leipzig 1907, p. 438 ( Textarchiv - Internet Archive ).
- Helge Kjellin: Oscar Anderson . In: Svenskt biografiskt lexikon , Volume 1 (1918), p. 676.
- Anderson, Oskar Leonard . In: Herman Hofberg, Frithiof Heurlin, Viktor Millqvist, Olof Rubenson (eds.): Svenskt biografiskt handlexikon . 2nd Edition. tape 1 : A-K . Albert Bonniers Verlag, Stockholm 1906, p. 33 (Swedish, runeberg.org ).
- Oskar Leonard Anderson , biographical entry in the portal lexikonettamanda.se
- Bettina Baumgärtel , Sabine Schroyen, Lydia Immerheiser, Sabine Teichgröb: Directory of foreign artists. Nationality, residence and studies in Düsseldorf . In: Bettina Baumgärtel (Hrsg.): The Düsseldorf School of Painting and its international impact 1819–1918 . Michael Imhof Verlag, Petersberg 2011, ISBN 978-3-86568-702-9 , Volume 1, p. 425
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Anderson, Oskar Leonard (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Swedish history and animal painter, draftsman and lithographer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||December 6, 1836|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Stockholm|
|DATE OF DEATH||June 26, 1868|
|Place of death||Stockholm|