Otto Pratje (born October 6, 1890 in Bremen , † December 2, 1952 in Hamburg ) was a German geologist , oceanographer and paleontologist . He was a councilor at the German Hydrographic Institute and professor at the University of Hamburg .
Before his appointment to Hamburg, he was a private lecturer in Königsberg. From 1925 to 1927 he took part in the German Atlantic Expedition on the Meteor. He mapped geologically in the North Sea, dealt with the geology in the Curonian Lagoon and wrote a geological guide for Heligoland .
He was the first chairman of the Geographical Society Hamburg.
- The development of the North Sea, Bremen contributions to natural science, natural science. Association of Bremen 4.3, 1937
- Geological guide for Heligoland and the surrounding seabed, Borntraeger 1923
- The sediments of the Curonian Lagoon: the environment in the heels of a beach lake, advances in geology and paleontology, 10, 30, Borntraeger 1930
- Drilling on the East Prussian port, nature and people: Report of the Senckenbergische Naturforschenden Gesellschaft, Volume 66, 1936, pp. 587-596
- The relationships of the foraminifera of the German Bight (North Sea) to their environment, Paläontologische Zeitschrift, Volume 12, 1930, pp. 208-213
- The sediments of the German Bight: a regional statistical study, Geolog.-Paläont. Institute Koenigsberg 1931
- Subfossil shallow water mussels on the Dogger Bank in the southern North Sea? Contribution to the geology of the North Sea no. 3, Centralblatt für Mineralogie, Geologie und Paläontologie, Vol. 2,1929, pp. 56-61
- Helgoland and the destruction of its rocky coast by the sea, Geologische Characterbilder, Borntraeger 1930
- Introduction to the geology of the North and Baltic Seas: Development, Forms, Coasts and Sediments, in G. Grimpe, E. Wagler, Die Tierwelt der Nord- und Ostsee, Leipzig, Akad. Verlagsges., Volume 1, 1931
- The continuation of the terminal moraines at the bottom of the North Sea, Z. der Dt. Geolog. Ges., Vol. 103, 1951, pp. 75-77
- with F. Schüler: Soil mapping of the Hoofden sea area (southern North Sea) with the help of basic samples and echograms, Deutsche Hydrographische Zeitschrift, Volume 5, 1952, 189-196
- The interpretation of the stone foundations in the North Sea as terminal moraines, Deutsche Hydrographische Zeitschrift, Volume 4, 1951, 201-205
- G. Böhnecke, obituary in Deutsche Hydrografische Zeitschrift, Volume 5, 1952, 286
- R. Brinkmann: Otto Pratje 1890-1952. New year b Geol. And Palaontol. Monthly 1954, No. 6, pp. 237-239
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German geologist, oceanographer and paleontologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 6, 1890|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Bremen|
|DATE OF DEATH||2nd December 1952|
|Place of death||Hamburg|