Otto von Grote (politician)
His parents were the Bergrat Freiherr Karl Georg Christian Grote (* 1794, † February 14, 1868). and his wife Ada Palmedo (1812–1888).
Otto von Grote studied law at the Georg-August University in Göttingen . In 1854 he became a member of the Corps Friso-Luneburgia Göttingen . He was a councilor a. D., manor owner on Schnega in the Lüchow district and landscape director in Celle .
From 1875 to 1879 and again from 1882 until his death in 1891 he was a member of the Prussian House of Representatives and from 1871 to 1877 a member of the German Reichstag for the Hanover 15 constituency ( Lüchow - Uelzen - Dannenberg - Isenhagen ).
He married Freiin Emma Grote on November 23, 1863 (* November 25, 1838; † October 15, 1911). The couple had several children:
- Ada Emilie Elisabeth (born September 5, 1864; † August 30, 1954) ⚭ 1885 Louis Friedrich Traugott Leuckart von Weißdorf (1857–1933), Saxon general of the cavalry
- Otto (born February 10, 1866)
- Karl (February 9, 1869 - January 11, 1913) ⚭ Irmgard von Estorff (December 26, 1868 - December 6, 1914)
- Ulrich (born November 20, 1871) ⚭ 1896 (divorced) Rosa Hartmann (born November 11, 1877)
- Hugo (* June 12, 1876; † July 10, 1908) ise 1900 Elise Rath (* October 1, 1876)
- Gothaisches genealogical pocket book of the baronial houses for the year 1869, p.1036
- Kösener corps lists 1910, 67 , 6
- Mann, Bernhard (edit.): Biographical manual for the Prussian House of Representatives. 1867-1918 . Collaboration with Martin Doerry , Cornelia Rauh and Thomas Kühne. Düsseldorf: Droste Verlag, 1988, p. 156 (handbooks on the history of parliamentarism and political parties: vol. 3); for the election results see Thomas Kühne: Handbook of elections to the Prussian House of Representatives 1867–1918. Election results, election alliances and election candidates (= handbooks on the history of parliamentarism and political parties. Volume 6). Droste, Düsseldorf 1994, ISBN 3-7700-5182-3 , pp. 563-565.
- Fritz Specht, Paul Schwabe: The Reichstag elections from 1867 to 1903. Statistics of the Reichstag elections together with the programs of the parties and a list of the elected representatives. 2nd Edition. Carl Heymann Verlag, Berlin 1904, p. 128.
- Gothaisches genealogical pocket book of the baronial houses 1877. S.288
- Bernhard Mann: Biographical Handbook for the Prussian House of Representatives (1867-1918). Droste, Düsseldorf 1988, ISBN 3-7700-5146-7 (= manuals on the history of parliamentarism and political parties, volume 3)
- Genealogical pocket book of the baronial houses, 1918. P.306f
- Historical-Political Yearbook from 1880
- Freiherr von Grote, Otto in the database of members of the Reichstag
- Biography of Otto Freiherr Grote . In: Heinrich Best : database of the members of the Reichstag of the Empire 1867/71 to 1918 (Biorab - Kaiserreich)
|SURNAME||Grote, Otto von|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Grote, Otto Adolf Freiherr von (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German manor owner and politician (DHP), MdR|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 11, 1835|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Zellerfeld|
|DATE OF DEATH||July 21, 1891|
|Place of death||Celle|