Paul Parey magazine publisher
The Paul Parey magazine publisher based in Singhofen is a German special interest publishing house for magazines with the issues of hunting and fishing. The titles Wild und Hund , Deutsche Jagdzeitung , Hunting Worldwide , Fisch & Fang and Der Raubfisch appear under its roof . The magazine Liebes Land is also distributed by Hannes Scholten Verlag GmbH & Co. KG.
Walterpeter Twer is editor and publisher. Thorn Twer is the company's managing director, supported by Publishing Director Christopher Pilger. Around 110 employees work in the publishing house.
19th and 20th centuries
In 1848 the Karl Wiegand publishing house was founded in Berlin . Publisher Theodor Wilhelm Paul Parey renamed it in 1881 to Paul Parey Verlagbuchhandlung . From December 14, 1883, the first edition of the weekly for brewery appeared in the Paul Parey publishing house in Berlin, which was published by the newly founded experimental and teaching institute for brewing . From 1892 to 1982 the work Acta Borussica - Monuments of the Prussian State Administration in the 18th Century , one of the most important literary collections on Prussian history, was published here. In 1894 the magazine Wild und Hund was founded, today the oldest and highest circulation hunting magazine in Germany. By 1940 Parey Verlag had become the largest and most important natural book publisher in Germany. After the publishing houses in Berlin and Hamburg were badly damaged during the Second World War , the rebuilding and expansion of the publishing range with books from the fields of biology , veterinary medicine and behavioral research took place in 1947 .
In addition to a large selection of books from the natural field, Paul Parey Verlag specialized in over 30 magazines from the fields of agriculture, fishing, equestrian sports, hunting and veterinary medicine in the post-war decades .
Sale of the book publisher
The book business was taken over by Blackwell Publishers in the 1990s and continued under the imprint Parey Buchverlag - without the first name. Blackwell parted ways with his life science book segments in 2003. The areas of horticulture, agriculture and forestry as well as fishing were taken over by the Eugen Ulmer publishing house . The veterinary area with the imprint parey went to the Thieme publishing group , which integrated it into the MVS Medizinverlage Stuttgart area . Some works with the title component Parey's book of ... were then published by Franckh-Kosmos in the series Kosmos-Naturführer .
After selling the bookstore, the company now publishes magazines, special editions, calendars, DVDs, CDs and various items such as clothing, shoes, hunting and fishing accessories. The publisher's offer also includes its own book program with hunting reprints and titles on hunting training.
In October 1996 the publishing house was relocated from Hamburg to Singhofen im Taunus in Rhineland-Palatinate.
The magazine portfolio is now the core business of Paul Parey magazine publisher . The following titles are published by the publisher:
- The predatory fish
- German hunting newspaper since 1981
- Fish & catch since 1960
- Hunt worldwide since 1990
- Game and dog since 1894
The magazine portfolio included:
- 1994–2000: Visier - the international weapons magazine (until 1994 Visier Verlag Stuttgart, from 2000 Vogt-Schild Verlag, Bad Ems)
- until 1999: Deutsche Briefmarken-Zeitung (sale to M. & H. Schaper Philatelie-Verlag GmbH, Alfeld (Leine) )
- 2001–2011: Reiter Revue International (sale to Landwirtschaftsverlag Münster )
- 2004–2011: Arabs Worldwide (The last edition is number 4 from July / August 2011.)
- ↑ http://www.sperrzone.net/web/sperrzone/sperrzone.nsf/vwWebLitLandEN/CE23DB303F3371B3C12575E90056728C?OpenDocument
- ↑ Press releases from December 2002 to June 2003 ( Memento of the original from July 1, 2007 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. Blackwell.de (accessed March 15, 2009)
- ↑ Reiter Revue now in the Landwirtschaftsverlag
- ↑ ARABER WORLDWIDE is discontinued "for reasons of economy"
Coordinates: 50 ° 16 '38.1 " N , 7 ° 50' 3.4" E