MVS medical publishers Stuttgart
The MVS Medizinverlage Stuttgart GmbH & Co. KG , based in Stuttgart-Feuerbach are part of Thieme Group . They are a group of several publishers from the fields of health , medicine and veterinary medicine with a total of over 50 employees. The managing directors are Thomas Scherb and Albrecht Hauff.
The book program includes 1500 book titles available; this also includes numerous e-books . In addition, 20 specialist journals and the patient magazine Signal are published . Furthermore, seminars and congresses on medicine, naturopathic treatment, veterinary medicine and midwifery are held.
With the exception of TRIAS , the individual publishers used to be independent companies, but are now managed as imprint publishers under the sole umbrella of MVS Medizinverlage Stuttgart .
- The Ferdinand Enke Verlag was 1837 in Erlangen by Ferdinand Enke founded (1810 to 1869). The company has been based in Stuttgart since 1874 ; In 1975 Georg Thieme Verlag KG acquired a majority stake. In the past, the publishing house had a wide range of topics covering human medicine , veterinary medicine , natural sciences (especially chemistry and geology ) and sociology , including brewing . Today's publishing program focuses on veterinary medicine.
- Haug Verlag, founded in 1903, was already divided into the two areas of Haug Fachbuch and Haug Sachbuch before it was taken over by the Thieme Publishing Group . The range of around 400 books on offer covers naturopathic fields of knowledge, with a particular focus on homeopathy . Haug reference book is aimed at professionals in the naturopathy, Haug nonfiction to the general public.
- The Hippokrates Verlag was incorporated into the Thieme publishing group in 1980 . It was founded in 1925 by Robert Bosch and is aimed at all professional groups who are involved in training and further education with naturopathic treatment , acupuncture and homeopathy as well as manual medicine and osteopathy . Today, however, specialist books, magazines and brochures for midwives are sold in this imprint .
- The Parey publishing house was created in 1848 and was in 1877 by Paul Parey acquired. In 1994 Paul Parey Buchverlag was spun off into Blackwell-Wissenschafts-Verlag , Berlin (today Wiley-Blackwell ). In 2003 MVS Medizinverlage Stuttgart took over the veterinary book program from Blackwell Verlag . Today's Parey book program includes around 75 book titles from the field of veterinary medicine. Outside the MVS Medizinverlage Stuttgart which remained Paul Parey magazine publisher based in Singhofen .
- The Sonntag Verlag addresses itself with books and magazines for homeopathy and naturopathy in particular to naturopaths . He also maintains the market-leading holistic veterinary medicine program.
- TRIAS is an imprint publishing company founded by Thieme in the early 1990s. Its purpose was to bundle the activities relating to non-fiction books and guides that had previously been distributed in the three publishing houses Thieme , Enke and Hippokrates . The program comprises more than 400 deliverable titles on all aspects of health and nutrition, which are aimed at the general public.
The following journals appear within MVS Medizinverlage Stuttgart :
- AHZ Allgemeine Homöopathische Zeitung (Haug, since 1832)
- B&G movement therapy and health sports (Hippocrates)
- German Heilpraktiker Magazine (Sunday)
- German journal for oncology
- The midwife (Hippocrates)
- DO - German Journal for Osteopathy (Hippocrates)
- Empirical Medicine (Haug)
- Nutrition & Medicine (Hippocrates)
- small animal concrete (Enke)
- OM Journal of Orthomolecular Medicine (Hippocrates)
- horse mirror (Enke)
- Veterinary assistant in concrete (Enke)
- veterinary mirror (Enke, since 1991)
- ZKH Journal for Classical Homeopathy (Haug)
- zkm Journal for Complementary Medicine (Hippocrates, since 2009)
- Journal for Holistic Veterinary Medicine (Sunday)
- Journal of Phytotherapy (Haug)
- ↑ see also: Lexicon of German-speaking Homeopaths .
- ↑ Archived copy ( Memento from July 1, 2007 in the Internet Archive )
- ^ Journal catalog of the medical publishers Stuttgart , visited on March 3, 2011
Coordinates: 48 ° 48 ′ 35.5 " N , 9 ° 9 ′ 56.9" E