Paul von Braun
After completing his studies, Paulus Braun began his professional career in 1867 as city vicar in Reutlingen , in the same year he became a repetitionist at the Protestant-theological seminar in Maulbronn, and since 1870 at the Wilhelmsstift in Tübingen . In 1872 he became pastor in Maulbronn , in 1875 he was a teacher of Protestant theology at the Mission House in Basel . In 1881 he was a deacon in Calw , in 1887 dean and pastor in Calw. In 1896 he moved to Cannstatt as the city pastor . In 1900 Paulus Braun became general superintendent of Schwäbisch Hall , and in 1913 he retired.
The general superintendents of the Protestant regional church were, by virtue of their office, privileged members of the second chamber of the Württemberg state parliament . After his appointment, Paulus Braun therefore also entered the state parliament on October 16, 1900. He held the office until 1912.
Paulus Braun was the son of the Senior Preceptor in Kirchheim and later Rector of the Pedagogical Center in Esslingen Johann Friedrich Braun (1808-1859) and Elise Thusnelda Friederike Braun born. Stump (1821-1854) and had five siblings.
- 1900 Ehrenkreuz of the Order of Württembergischen crown , which with the personal needle tracks ( Nobilitierung was connected)
- 1906 Commentary Cross, 2nd class of the Order of Frederick
- 1912 Commentary Cross of the Order of the Württemberg Crown
- 1913 Commentary Cross 1st class of the Frederick Order
- 1916 Wilhelm Cross
- Frank Raberg : Biographical handbook of the Württemberg state parliament members 1815-1933 . On behalf of the Commission for Historical Regional Studies in Baden-Württemberg. Kohlhammer, Stuttgart 2001, ISBN 3-17-016604-2 , p. 99 .
|SURNAME||Braun, Paulus von|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Braun, Paul|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German Protestant theologian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 21, 1842|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Kirchheim (Teck)|
|DATE OF DEATH||November 16, 1924|
|Place of death||Tübingen|