Peter Bundschuh (* 1938 in Buchen im Odenwald ) is a German mathematician and former university professor at the University of Cologne . He was mainly active in the field of number theory , in particular the theory of transcendent numbers .
Bundschuh received his doctorate in 1967 under Helmut Klingen and Theodor Schneider at the Albert-Ludwigs-University in Freiburg im Breisgau with the topic About the approximation of transcendent numbers, the values of the inverse functions of certain meromorphic functions .
Bundschuh was appointed to the Scientific Council in 1973 and Professor of the University of Cologne in 1980 and remained so until his retirement in 2002.
- with Rolf Wallisser: Some arithmetical applications of Newton's interpolation series . Freiburg im Breisgau 2010.
- Introduction to number theory . Springer Verlag, 2008, ISBN 978-3-540-76490-8 .
- Arithmetical properties of the solutions of certain functional equations . in: Matti Jutila, Tauno Metsänkylä (Ed.): Number Theory. Proceedings of the Turku Symposium on Number Theory in Memory of Kustaa Inkeri, May 31-June 4, 1999. , De Gruyter, 2001, ISBN 978-3-11-087092-3 , pp. 25-42.
- Gel'Fond's Trancendence Method by elementary means . in: Stakenas, Manstavicius, Laurincikas (Eds.) Analytic and Probabilistic Methods in Number Theory. Proceedings of the Second International Conference in Honor of J. Kubilius, Palanga, Lithuania, September 23-27, 1996. De Gruyter, 1997, ISBN 978-3-11-094464-8 , pp. 3-10.
- On a transcendent sentence by Messrs. Baron and Braune. in: Journal for pure and applied mathematics , Volume 263, 1973, pp. 183-188. ( DOI )
- About the approximation of transcendent numbers, which are values of the inverse functions of certain meromorphic functions , Freiburg im Breisgau 1967. (Dissertation)
- Peter Bundschuh in the Mathematics Genealogy Project (English)
- Literature by and about Peter Bundschuh in the catalog of the German National Library
- University of Cologne: Full-time habilitation mathematician at the University of Cologne , last accessed on April 4, 2019
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German mathematician|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1938|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Beeches (Odenwald)|