Peter Pawlowsky (business economist)
Peter Pawlowsky has attended schools in Portugal , Hong Kong and Sweden and studied social and economic sciences in Sweden ( Gothenburg ), USA ( San Diego , Ann Arbor ) and Germany ( Göttingen ). In 1985 he was promoted to Dr. rer. pole. (Economics) at the Free University of Berlin PhD .
Between 1986 and 1989 he held a managerial position at the Bertelsmann Stiftung , Gütersloh , in the field of socio-political issues and corporate governance, after which he completed his habilitation in business administration at the University of Paderborn with a DFG habilitation grant . Since 1994 he has held the Chair of Business Administration VI - Personnel and Management at the TU Chemnitz and Director of the Research Center for Social and Economics of Work (later: Research Center for Organizational Competence and Strategy, FOKUS) at the TU Chemnitz. Pawlowsky was visiting professor at the JAIST-Japan Advanced Institute for Science and Technology, School of Knowledge Science in 1998.
In 2000 he was a founding member and from 2002 to 2004 President of the Society for Knowledge Management . Pawlowsky received several appointments, among others to the Zeppelin University Friedrichshafen in 2003 and 2004 to the Free University of Berlin. He is a “Full-Member” of the New Club of Paris (NCP) and from 2007 to 2010 Ambassador of the NCP. He also held the position of Ambassador / Advisory Board member for the Leonardo Corporate Learning Award - Europe. Peter Pavlovsky has worked as part of his research intensively with knowledge management and high performance teams (u. A. Sailor, gourmet kitchens, Symphony Orchestra, Motorsport, rescue services) and numerous international research projects in the field of human resources , leadership , human resource development , organizational learning , knowledge management , performance management, crisis and patient safety management conducted . He is the author of numerous books and articles in German and international journals.
- P. Pawlowsky: The Treatment of Organizational Learning in Management Science. In: M. Dierkes, A. Berthoin-Antal, J. Child, I. Nonaka (Eds.): Handbook of Organizational Learning and Knowledge. Oxford University Press, Oxford / New York 2001, pp. 61-88.
- P. Pawlowsky, Mistele (Hrsg.): High-performance management - targeted promotion of performance potential in organizations. Gabler Verlag, 2008.
- P. Pawlowsky, L. Edvinsson (Ed.): Intellectual Capital and Competitiveness - An Inventory of Theory and Practice. Springer Gabler, 2012.
- P. Pawlowsky: Learning from high-performance teams. In: Personal Manager. No. 3, 2017, pp. 30–33.
- P. Pawlowsky: Knowledge Management. de Gruyter, 2019, ISBN 978-3-11-047492-3 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German business economist and university professor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 12, 1954|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Goslar|