Philipp Andreas Kilian
Philipp Andreas Kilian was a son of Georg Kilian (1683-1745) and his wife Juliane Maria, daughter of the Augsburg deacon Goebel. He was trained by his father and by Jacob Andreas Friedrich and Georg Martin Preißler. In addition to portraits, he created parts of the gallery works for the Elector and Counts of Brühl's collection in Dresden . In 1744 Kilian was appointed Polish and Electoral Saxon court engraver. He was best known for his picture Bible and his drawing book.
Philipp Andreas Kilian was married to Susanna Sybilla Engelbrecht († 1747), the daughter of the Augsburg art publisher Martin Engelbrecht , in his first marriage since 1738 . Their son Georg Martin (1739–1760) was also an engraver in Augsburg.
Empress Maria Theresa
- Georg Kaspar Nagler : Kilian, Philipp Andreas . In: etc or messages from the life and works of the painter, sculptor, architect, engraver: New general artist Lexicon . tape 7 : Keyser. – Lodewyk . EA Fleischmann, Munich 1839, p. 18–19 ( books.google.de - With a directory of 35 works).
- Wilhelm Schmidt : Kilian (family) . In: Allgemeine Deutsche Biographie (ADB). Volume 15, Duncker & Humblot, Leipzig 1882, p. 737 f.
- Albert Hämmerle : Kilian, Philipp Andreas . In: Hans Vollmer (Hrsg.): General lexicon of fine artists from antiquity to the present . Founded by Ulrich Thieme and Felix Becker . tape 20 : Kaufmann – Knilling . EA Seemann, Leipzig 1927, p. 301-302 .
- Kurt Pilz: New German Biography (NDB). Volume 11, Duncker & Humblot, Berlin 1977, ISBN 3-428-00192-3 , pp. 604 f. ( ). In:
- Melancholy tears of deeply bowed love and loyalty over the grave of her beloved husband and father, Mr. Philipp Andreas Kilians . Johann Michael Späth, Augsburg February 18, 1759 ( reader.digitale-sammlungen.de ).
|SURNAME||Kilian, Philipp Andreas|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German engraver|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 20, 1714|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||augsburg|
|DATE OF DEATH||January 18, 1759|
|Place of death||augsburg|