Philippe Nasse (born July 25, 1939 in Dieppe , † November 25, 2008 in Paris ) was a French economist and statistician . He was Director of ENSAE ParisTech and Vice President of the Autorité de la Concurrence .
From 1964 to 1982 Nasse was a statistician in the General Directorate of the Statistical Office, Institut national de la statistique et des études économiques (INSEE), in Malakoff near Paris. During this time he was head of the Department of National Accounts (1975 to 1978) and the Department of Economic Forecasts (1978 to 1982). In 1977 he worked with the American economics professor Georges de Ménil on the Modèle Économétrique Trimestriel de Conjoncture ( METRIC ) model.
From 1982 to 1997 he worked in various positions at the French Ministry of Finance , most recently from 1994 to 1997 as head of the economic forecasting department. Subsequently, he was magistrate at the Cour des Comptes , the national audit office in Paris, until 2001 .
In addition, he was professor at the École polytechnique in Palaiseau near Paris from 1974 to 1988 and director of the Grande école ENSAE ParisTech from 1990 to 1994 . He was a member of the national competition authority, Autorité de la Concurrence , from 2001 to 2008 its vice-president.
The Ministry of Finance and the national competition authority have been organizing seminars in his honor since 2009, which take place under the name “Séminaires Nasse”.
- Anne Perrot: In memoriam: Philippe Nasse . In: Revue Concurrences 1/2009, p. 215.
- Career of Philippe Nasse at the Institut de droit de la concurrence (English)
- Georges de Ménil, Philippe Nasse: Presentation générale . In: Annales de l'INSEE , No. 26/27, 1977, pp. 11-28.
- Hommage à Philippe Nasse , Autorité de la Concurrence, accessed on April 8, 2014.
- Séminaires Nasse , tresor.economie.gouv.fr, accessed April 8, 2014.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||French economist and statistician|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 25, 1939|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Dieppe|
|DATE OF DEATH||November 25, 2008|
|Place of death||Paris|