Pieter Aspe, actually Pierre Anna Gaston Aspeslag , variously shortened to Pierre Aspeslag (born April 3, 1953 in Bruges ; † May 1, 2021 there ), was the most widely read Belgian crime writer . He wrote his books in Dutch .
Pieter Aspe studied Latin Studies at Sint Leocolleg in Bruges. In 1976 he ran unsuccessfully for the Christian Democrats in the local elections. After graduating, he worked in various professions such as salesman, magazine worker, photographer, caretaker and in the shipping police. From 1996 he devoted himself only to writing. In 2006 he suffered a serious heart attack. He has had a serious lung disease since 2020. He died in a hospital in Bruges after a long illness.
Pieter Aspe was married three times. After the death of his second wife in 2016, he married his wife Tamara in 2018. He had two daughters and lived in Blankenberge .
Aspe's works have been translated into ten languages and more than 3.5 million books have been sold.
The protagonists of this series are Commissioner Pieter van In and Deputy Public Prosecutor Hannelore Martens , who becomes van Ins's beloved in the course of the novels. Most of the action takes place in Bruges, with a few also Blankenberge and Antwerp . Only since 2005 have Aspes crime novels been published in German by the Fischer-Verlag in Frankfurt .
- 1995 Het vierkant van de wraak (German: The Square of Vengeance . Fischer TB-Verlag, Frankfurt / M. 2005, ISBN 3-596-16270-X )
- 1996 De Midasmoorden (German: The Midas murders . Fischer TB-Verlag, Frankfurt / M. 2005, ISBN 3-596-16269-6 )
- 1997 De kinderen van Chronos (Ger. The children of Chronos . Fischer TB-Verlag, Frankfurt / M. 2006, ISBN 978-3-596-17095-1 )
- 1998 De vierde gestalte (German. The fourth figure . Fischer TB-Verlag, Frankfurt / M. 2007, ISBN 978-3-596-17297-9 )
- 1999 The Dreyse incident
- 2000 Blauw bloed (German blue blood . Fischer TB-Verlag, Frankfurt / M. 2008, ISBN 978-3-596-17889-6 )
- 2000 Dood tij
- 2001 Zoenoffer
- 2001 Vagevuur
- 2002 De vijfde makes
- 2002 Onder valse vlag
- 2003 Pandora
- 2003 13
- 2004 Tango
- 2004 Onvoltooid redeemed
- 2005 casino
- 2005 Ontmaskerd
- 2006 Zonder spijt
- 2006 alibi
- 2007 rebus
- 2007 Op drift
- 2008 De zevende kamer
- 2008 bankruptcy
- 2009 misery
- 2009 De Cel
- 2010 De Vijand
- 2010 Erewoord
- 2011 Postscriptum
- 2011 solo
- 2012 island
- 2012 min 1
- 2013 Het laatste bevel
- 2013 Het Janussyndroom
- 2014 (Pijn) 3
- 2014 Zonder regulation
- 2015 De doos
- 2015 Het oor van Malchus
- 2016 import
- 2017 exit
- 2017 De butler button
- 2018 Van In Episode 1
- 2019 Van In Episode 2
- 1998 Grof Wild
- 2002 De Japanse Tuin
- 2010 Kat en Muis
- 2012 De Laatste Rit
- 2015 De oxymoron theory
- 2017 Blankenberge blues. Together with Koen Strobbe.
- 1998 Bloedband
- 1999 Luchtpost
Comics with Commissioner Pieter van In
- 2004 Het vierkant van de wraak . Artist: Patrick Van Open
- 2005 De Midasmoorden . Artist: Patrick Van Open
- 2007 Het Liefdesnest . Draftsman: Luc de Maeyer
- 2008 De Ijskoningin . Draftsman: Luc de Maeyer
The Flemish radio program VRT ( Vlaamse Radio en Televisieomroep ) has been broadcasting radio plays based on the crime novels by Pieter Aspe since 2001.
- With 114 episodes to date in nine seasons, the Vlaamse Radio en Televisieomroep has filmed Aspes crime novels. The broadcast dates were between February 13, 2004 and April 24, 2013.
- The Second German Television broadcast the films dubbed from Flemish Die Affaire Dreyse (July 5, 2009), Blaues Blut (July 12, 2009) and The Dead in the Sand (July 19, 2009).
- 2001 Hercule Poirot Prize for Zoenkoffer
- 2002 Humo's Gouden Bladwijzer does for De viifde
- 2010 Hercule Poirot Prize for Lifetime Achievement
- List of crime writers
- List of Belgian writers
- List of Flemish writers
- Belgian literature , section "Dutch literature in Belgium"
- Literature by and about Pieter Aspe in the catalog of the German National Library
- Literature by and about Pieter Aspe in the bibliographic database WorldCat
- Pieter Aspe. In: krimi-couch.de.
Notes and Notes
- Succesauteur Pieter Aspe stuff op-68 jarige leeftijd. In: nieuwsblad.be . May 1, 2021, accessed May 2, 2021 (Dutch).
- Andreas Kockartz: The Flemish crime and bestselling author Pieter Aspe has died. In: VRT news updates from Flanders. May 2, 2021, accessed May 3, 2021 .
- BRF Nachrichten: Crime writer Pieter Aspe has died. May 2, 2021, accessed May 3, 2021 .
- Pieter Aspe - Murder in Bruges. In: fernsehserien.de . Retrieved May 2, 2021 .
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Aspeslag, Pierre Anna Gaston (full real name); Aspeslag, Pierre|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Belgian detective writer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||April 3, 1953|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Bruges|
|DATE OF DEATH||May 1, 2021|
|PLACE OF DEATH||Bruges|