Dalio graduated from Long Island University and Harvard Business School . He founded Bridgewater Associates hedge fund company in 1975 . According to Forbes Magazine , Dalio was one of the richest Americans in 2013 and was listed in The World's Billionaires . Dalio is married with four children and lives with his family in Greenwich , Connecticut . According to the Forbes 2019 list, his net worth is approximately $ 18.4 billion. That put him at number 57 on Forbes' list of the richest people in the world.
Dalio has spoken out publicly as a critic of US capitalism in recent years . In an article published in 2019, he warned of social tensions in the US as a result of the widening gap between rich and poor. In his opinion, these tensions have been escalating recently.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Dalio bet through Bridgewater Associates on a large scale on falling prices for European corporations. Nevertheless, his funds recorded immense losses in the wake of the corona crisis.
- How the Economic Machine Works; A Template for Understanding What is Happening Now . 2007
- Principles: Life & Work . 2017 ( ISBN 978-1501124020 )
- Principles For Navigating Big Debt Crises . 2018 ( ISBN 978-1732689800 ; available online as pdf )
- The principles of success. Finanzbuch, Munich 2019, ISBN 978-3-95972-123-3 . (With references and index)
- Gillian Tett : I have an affinity for mistakes . Interview, in: Financial Times , January 13, 2018, p. L & A3
- Literature by and about Ray Dalio in the WorldCat bibliographic database
- Ray Dalio in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- How the economic machine works in 30 minutes on YouTube , by Ray Dalio
- Success with hedge funds Der ruthless Mr. Dalio , FAZ , by Dennis Kremer, April 11, 2016.
- Christoph Rottwilm: 02/26/2015 Top earner 2014. These hedge fund managers earned more than one billion dollars a year , Manager-Magazin, February 26, 2015.
- The Rise of Dalio Philanthropy: A Case Study of the New Mega-Giving (en-US) . In: Inside Philanthropy . Retrieved April 8, 2019
- Ray Dalio . In: Forbes . ( forbes.com [accessed September 6, 2018]).
- Ray Dalio. Retrieved May 13, 2019 .
- Der Aktionär.de: Hedge fund legend bets against Europe in a big way
- Institutional Money: Bridgewater Enters 14 Billion Short European Stocks , March 19, 2020
- Welt.de: Speculators pounce on German corporations
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||American entrepreneur|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 1, 1949|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||United States|