Reinhard Feldmeier studied theology from 1972 to 1978 in Neuendettelsau , Munich and Tübingen. After the first theological service examination in 1979, he was a research assistant at the Institutum Judaicum of the University of Tübingen until 1984 . From 1984 to 1992 Feldmeier was vicar and pastor of the Evangelical Lutheran Regional Church in Bavaria. During this time he also took over professorships in Zurich and Duisburg. In 1986 he received his doctorate in Tübingen with the thesis The Crisis of the Son of God . The habilitation took place in 1991 at the Evangelical Theological Faculty Tübingen with the thesis The Christians as Strangers . Feldmeier taught as a professor for the Old and New Testaments at the University of Koblenz-Landau (1992–1995) and as a professor for biblical theology at the University of Bayreuth (1995–2002). Since 2002 he has been teaching as professor for the New Testament at the University of Göttingen . He turned down a call to Tübingen for the Chair of New Testament, which he received in 2005. Feldmeier has been a full member of the Göttingen Academy of Sciences since 2006 . From 2010 to 2013 he was a member of the regional synod of the Evangelical Lutheran regional church of Hanover .
His work focuses on the religious history of the Hellenistic world, the Synoptic Gospels , Catholic Letters and Apostle traditions as well as the biblical doctrine of God . Feldmeier is co-editor of the series SAPERE , Topoi Biblischer Theologie (TOBITH) (since 2011) and COMES (since 2013) as well as of the journal Religion in the Roman Empire since 2015 . Since 2017 he has also been director of the Centrum Orbis Orientalis et Occidentalis (CORO), which he co-founded.
He has been married since 1980 and has three children.
- with Hermann Spieckermann : Incarnation . (= Topoi of Biblical Theology . Vol. 2). Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen 2018, ISBN 978-3-16-155776-7 .
- The highest. Studies on the Hellenistic history of religion and on the biblical belief in God (= scientific studies on the New Testament. Vol. 330). Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen 2014, ISBN 978-3-16-152718-0 .
- Power - Service - Humility. A New Testament Contribution to Ethics. Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen 2012, ISBN 978-3-16-152195-9 (English translation: Power Service Humility. A New Testament Ethic. Baylor University Press, Waco TX 2014, ISBN 978-1481300254 ).
- with Hermann Spieckermann : The God of the Living. A biblical doctrine of God (= topoi of biblical theology. Vol. 1). Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen 2011, ISBN 978-3-16-150548-5 (English translation: God of the Living. A Biblical Theology. Translated by Mark E. Biddle. Baylor University Press, Waco TX 2011, ISBN 978-1-60258 -394-8 ; Portuguese translation: O Deus dos vivos. Uma doutrina bíblica de Deus. Translated by Uwe Wegner. Editora Sinodal, São Leopoldo 2015, ISBN 978-85-8194-059-5 ).
- The first letter of Peter (= theological hand commentary on the New Testament. Vol. 15, 1). Evangelische Verlags-Anstalt, Leipzig 2005, ISBN 3-374-02323-1 (English translation: The First Letter of Peter. A Commentary on the Greek Text. Translated from the German by Peter H. Davids. Baylor University Press, Waco TX 2008 , ISBN 978-1-60258-024-4 ; Portuguese translation: A Primeira Carta de Pedro. Um comentário exegético-teológico. Traduão de Uwe Wegner. Sinodal / EST, São Leopoldo 2009, ISBN 978-85-233-0922-0 ).
- The Christians as strangers. The metaphor of the foreign in the ancient world, in early Christianity and in the 1st letter of Peter (= scientific research on the New Testament. Vol. 64). Mohr, Tübingen 1992, ISBN 3-16-145982-2 (also: Tübingen, University, habilitation paper, 1991).
- The crisis of the Son of God. The Gethsemane narrative as the key to the Mark Passion (= Scientific Investigations on the New Testament. Row 2, Vol. 21). Mohr, Tübingen 1987, ISBN 3-16-144972-X (At the same time: Tübingen, University, dissertation, 1986).
- with Monika Winet: God's thoughts . Knowledge, Eschatology and Ethics in Religions of Late Antiquity and the Early Middle Ages. Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen 2016, ISBN 978-3-16-154607-5 .
- Literature by and about Reinhard Feldmeier in the catalog of the German National Library
- Page from Feldmeier at the University of Göttingen
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German Protestant theologian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||April 10, 1952|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Bayreuth|