|Genre (s)||Neue Deutsche Welle|
|Bodo Staiger († 2019)|
Between 1980 and 1984 Rheingold released three LPs with German-language electro pop . Among the biggest successes included the title Dreiklangsdimensionen , river and FanFanFanatisch (the music for the film The fan with Désirée Nosbusch and Bodo Staiger in the lead roles). In the German single charts, Rheingold reached number 17 with triad dimensions , number 24 with FanFanFanati and number 44 with That suits you well . Dreiklangsdimensions was the first single assigned to the NDW, which appeared in the German top 20 charts in October 1981.
In 1984, one of the band's last TV appearances on Bayerischer Rundfunk, Rolf Meurer took part as a keyboardist. Today he is a sound & stage designer at Kraftwerk.
Bodo Staiger (1949–2019) founded the Rheinklang-Studio in Düsseldorf in 1988, where he worked as a producer and sound engineer. As the owner of the music label 3Klangrecords, Brigitte Staiger (formerly Brigitte Kunz) worked closely with her husband. Bodo Staiger worked in 1997 on the production of a solo album by the former Kraftwerk musician Wolfgang Flür , which was published under the project name Yamo .
In 2007, the original line-up of the album Electric City (Düsseldorfer Schule) appeared with cover versions of Düsseldorf electropop bands from the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s, including Fehlfarben , Kraftwerk, La Düsseldorf and Propaganda .
Top ranking, total weeks, awardChartsChart placements
(Year, title, rankings, weeks, awards, notes)
DE18 (38 weeks)
1991 (CD), 2005 (CD with bonus tracks)
DE13 (13 weeks)
1993 (CD), 2005 (CD with bonus tracks)
- 1984: Dis-Dance (LP)
- 2007: Electric City (Düsseldorfer Schule) (MP3 download, CD 2008)
- 2010: Best of Rheingold (MP3 download)
- 2017: Over Time (CD)
Top ranking, total weeks, awardChart placementsChart placements
(Year, title, album , rankings, weeks, awards, notes)
|1981||The three dimensions of the
DE17 (38 weeks)
AT19 (2 weeks)
DE24 (22 weeks)
CH9 (4 weeks)
|1982||That looks good on you
DE44 (9 weeks)
- 1980: Rheingold / Staigerwalzer (7 ″)
- 1980: river (7 ″)
- 1980: graffiti (7 ″)
- 1981: Sonido Tridimensional / Rio (12 ″, Spanish versions of triad dimensions / river )
- 1981: Triad Dimensions / River (. 12 ", English versions of Dreiklangsdimensionen / river )
- 1982: FanFanFanatic / River / Triad Dimensions (. 7 "and 12", English versions of FanFanFanatisch / river / Dreiklangsdimensionen )
- 1982: Looks Good On You / A Moment's Glance (7 ″ and 12 ″, English versions of That suits you well / moment )
- 1983: Te Sienta Bien (7 ″ and 12 ″, Spanish version of That suits you well )
- 1983: Via satellite (7 ″ and 12 ″)
- 1984: Computerbeat (7 ″ and 12 ″)
- 1990: Dreiklangs-Dimensions Remix 1990 (12 ″ and CD5, two remixes)
- 2001: Dreiklangsdimimen 2001 (12 ″ and CD5, several DJ remixes)
- 2010: Dreiklangsdimimen New Mixes (MP3 download, four new remixes)
- Rüdiger Esch: "Electri_City. Electronic Music from Düsseldorf 1970–1986", Suhrkamp Berlin 2014, ISBN 978-3-51846464-9 .
- Sven-André Dreyer , Michael Wenzel, Thomas Stelzmann: No breathing space - Music from Düsseldorf , Droste, Düsseldorf 2018, 192 pages, ISBN 978-3-7700-2067-6 .
- 3klangrecords music studio in Düsseldorf
- Works by and about Rheingold in the catalog of the German National Library
- Rheingold band portrait
- Rheingold at Discogs (English)
- Rheingold at Allmusic (English)