Rudolf Hofer (architect)
Rudolf Hofer worked in his parents' carpentry business and studied architecture at the Vienna School of Applied Arts under Heinrich Tessenow and Oskar Strnad . From 1921 Hofer headed the specialist class at the Federal College for Building and Applied Arts in Graz and was director of the Master School of German Crafts there from 1940 to 1945 .
His works include traditional buildings in the so-called Heimatschutz style and progressive residential buildings, villas and monuments.
- 1925 Peasants' War memorial in Schladming
- 1928 Monument design at the town hall of Bad Radkersburg with the sculptor Hans Mauracher
- 1928 Werkbundhaus Schubertstrasse 31 in Graz with Eugen Szekely, the painter Fritz Silberbauer and the ceramist Hans Adametz
- 1928 Keplerstrasse residential complex in Graz with Ludwig Lepuschitz
- 1929 Kamniker memorial grave in Bad Radkersburg with Hans Mauracher
- 1939 Oberschützen connection memorial with Hans Adametz
- Chronicle of the Ortweinschule in Graz ( Memento from January 28, 2015 in the Internet Archive )
- History page Operncafe Graz
- Bauer War Memorial Schladming EnnstalWIKI
- chronicle of the years 1923 - 1938 by Margit Fritz-Schafschetzy and Wolfgang Silberbauer, page 4 Sezession Graz
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian architect|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1894|
|DATE OF DEATH||1956|