South Tyrolean farmers' association
The association represents the peasant class in economic, social, cultural and political terms and tries to strengthen and consolidate it. He represents the state and its own members to authorities, trade unions and economic organizations.
The farmers 'association was founded in Sterzing in 1904 as the Tyrolean farmers' association . In 1919, after the secession of South Tyrol through the peace treaty of Saint-Germain, the South Tyrolean Farmers 'Association was founded, but in 1926 the Fascist government incorporated it into the state farmers' organization "Unione Provinciale degli Agricoltori". In 1945 the farmers' association was rebuilt; In 1955 it was renamed to its current name.
- South Tyrolean farmers' organization
- South Tyrolean farmers' youth
- South Tyrolean Gardeners Association
- Seniors Association
Political careers from the environment of the farmers' union
Although the South Tyrolean Farmers 'Union represents a politically independent lobby group, some high-ranking politicians from the South Tyrolean People's Party (SVP) have emerged from the Farmers' Union:
- Hans Dietl (SVP), member of the Italian Chamber of Deputies , later opposition politician of the Social Democratic Party of South Tyrol (SPS)
- Herbert Dorfmann (SVP), Member of the European Parliament
- Luis Durnwalder (SVP), long-time governor of South Tyrol
- Seppl Lamprecht (SVP), Deputy Vice-President of the Regional Council for Trentino-South Tyrol
- Heinold Steger (SVP), State Councilor for Agriculture
- Thomas Widmann (SVP), member of the South Tyrolean provincial government for several legislative periods