Shan Wasilew Widenow (also spelled Žan Vasilev Videnov , Bulgarian Жан Василев Виденов ; born March 22, 1959 in Plovdiv ) was chairman of the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) from 1991 to 1996 and Prime Minister of Bulgaria from 1995 to 1997 .
Widenow studied at the English Language School (ELS) in Plovdiv , but without obtaining a degree. He received this from the Moscow State Institute for International Relations in the course of foreign trade relations .
After his party's election victory, he became Prime Minister on January 25, 1995. The policy of his government soon became very controversial, and the state fell into economic ruin. On February 13, 1997, after long negotiations with the opposition, he resigned after a group of protesters stormed the parliament building (see History of Bulgaria ).
In January 2009 he left the Bulgarian Socialist Party. He teaches economics and European projects at the University of Plovdiv and lives modestly.
According to the well-known Bulgarian politician Georges Gantschew , Widenow was the only one from the newer prime ministers who did not steal stotinka before 2008 . He calls him a nobleman in his soul (благородник по душа) whom this depraved pseudo-communist party has destroyed and eliminated . The financial crisis in Bulgaria, which marked the end of the Shan Videnov government, Georges Ganchev attributes to the arrival of the people of George Soros in Bulgaria. Ilija Boschinow , the chairman of the Bulgarian Left Coalition, who criticizes the BSP from the left, praised Widenow as a “ decent and pure person ” and invited him to his party, The Bulgarian Left . The former mayor of Sofia and chairman of the Green Party Alexander Karakachanov described Shan Widenow as an honest person in an interview. After his fall in 1997 he was left by his party BSP; Shan Widenow had nothing to eat and drove a Moskvich .
In the words of Alexander Karakachanov, Shan Widenow is a bit reserved person who cannot fight the things .
He is famous for his statement: "All of Europe, from Vancouver to Vladivostok."
- Разочарован, Жан Виденов напусна БСП ( memento of the original from January 23, 2009 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , Dnes
- Само Жан Виденов не открадна нито стотинка
- Georges Gantschew in the program Ljuba Kulesitsch opposite ( Memento of the original from May 31, 2012 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , TV7 from May 27, 2012, 12 min.
- Жорж Ганчев: Ще спасявам Отечеството като Георги Раковски! ( Page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. ' I will save the fatherland like Georgi Rakovsky
- Червени отцепници искат с Жан ( Memento of the original from April 2, 2009 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Interview with Alexander Karakachanov in the newspaper weekend ( Bulgarian Уикенд ), 19-25 май 2012, стр. 23
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Widenow, Schan Wasilew (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Bulgarian politician, Prime Minister of Bulgaria (1995–1997)|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 22, 1959|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Plovdiv|