Siglinde Bolbecher (born June 18, 1952 in Vienna ; † July 6, 2012 there ) was an Austrian historian, exile researcher and poet.
Siglinde Bolbecher studied theater studies, English, history and philosophy at the University of Vienna . In the early 1980s she was co-founder (and later deputy chairwoman) of the Theodor Kramer Society and of the Association for the Promotion and Research of Anti-Fascist Literature , whose fortunes she also helped until her death. From 2002 she was head of the women's working group in the Austrian Society for Exile Research. Bolbecher worked for several years as a freelancer in the documentation archive of the Austrian resistance and taught at the Federal Academy for Social Work in Vienna.
She was co-editor of the magazine for the culture of exile and resistance Zwischenwelt , the book series anti-fascist literature and exile literature - studies and texts as well as the lexicon of Austrian exile literature , which has been worked on for 15 years. Her authors were of particular concern, and this is how works were created for and with Stella Kadmon , Elisabeth Freundlich , Stella Rotenberg , Grete Oplatek, Eva Kollisch , T. Scarlett Epstein and others. a. In addition, she organized exhibitions and symposia on the literature of women in exile , on the image of women and men under National Socialism, on cabaret and satire in the resistance, Berthold Viertel, Elisabeth Berger. She designed and organized numerous conferences, including a .: "Conversation about the return" (2005 and 2006).
Siglinde Bolbecher's husband was the writer Konstantin Kaiser . Their daughter is the painter Olivia Kaiser.
On March 21, 2012 she was awarded the Golden Decoration of Honor for Services to the Republic of Austria in recognition of her essential contribution "to the research and dissemination of Austrian exile literature" .
Siglinde Bolbecher was buried in the Vienna Central Cemetery in an honorary grave (group 40, number 186).
Her collection of poems "Nadelstich" was published posthumously in 2013.
- Story told. Reports from resistance fighters and the persecuted. (Ed.) With the Documentation Archive of Austrian Resistance, Volume 1: Labor Movement, Österreichischer Bundesverlag, Vienna 1985, ISBN 3-215-05776-X , ISBN 3-215-05777-8 .
- Literature and Culture of Exile in Great Britain. Edited with Konstantin Kaiser, Donal McLaughlin, J. M. Ritchie. Theodor Kramer Society, Vienna 1995, ISBN 978-3-901602-10-8 .
- Dream of reality. Berthold quarter . Edited with Konstantin Kaiser and Peter Roessler. Döcker Verlag, Vienna 1998.
- Lexicon of Austrian exile literature . Together with Konstantin Kaiser and with the assistance of Evelyn Adunka, Nina Jacket, Ulrike Oedl. Deuticke, Vienna 2000, ISBN 3-216-30548-1 .
- Women in exile . Zwischenwelt 9. Ed. By Siglinde Bolbecher with the collaboration of Beate Schmeichel-Falkenberg. Drava Verlag, Vienna, Klagenfurt / Celovec 2007, ISBN 978-3-85435-368-3 .
- Poems in Resistance and the Struggle for Freedom - Lyrical Contributions of the 20th Century from Austria . Edited by Peter Ulrich Lehner. Mandelbaum Verlag, Vienna 2009, ISBN 978-3-85476-359-8 .
- Subject of remembering? Yearbook Zwischenwelt 12 . Edited with Helene Belndorfer, Peter Roessler, Herbert Staud. Theodor Kramer Gesellschaft and DRAVA Verlag, Vienna and Klagenfurt / Celovec 2012, ISBN 978-3-85435-628-8 .
- For and against in this time. The editorials for Zwischenwelt magazine (1993-2012) . Together with Konstantin Kaiser. Theodor Kramer Gesellschaft and DRAVA Verlag, Vienna and Klagenfurt / Celovec 2014, ISBN 978-3-85435-753-7 .
- Peter Roessler: history, conversation, research, narration. About Siglinde Bolbecher. In: Siglinde Bolbecher and Konstantin Kaiser. For and against in this time. The editorials for the magazine "Zwischenwelt" (1993–2012). Vienna: Verlag der Theodor Kramer Gesellschaft, DRAVA Verlag 2014, pp. 163–172.
- Farewell to Siglinde Bolbecher. Between world. Journal of the Culture of Exile and Resistance. 29th year, No. 3 (October 2012).
- Literature by and about Siglinde Bolbecher in the catalog of the German National Library
- Siglinde Bolbecher: The Leopoldstadt (PDF; 68 kB, accessed on July 11, 2012)
- Siglinde Bolbecher: “I write footnotes under Weltenwunder” On the contemporary Peter Hammerschlag reception. (PDF; 39 kB, accessed on July 11, 2012)
- Siglinde Bolbecher: The Austrian Exile (PDF; 138 kB, accessed on July 11, 2012)
- Photos of the presentation of the Golden Medal of Honor for Services to the Republic of Austria to Siglinde Bolbecher (accessed on July 11, 2012)
- ↑ Siglinde Bolbecher
- ↑ podiumliteratur.at: podium portrait 31: Konstantin Kaiser ( Memento of the original from November 14, 2012 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- ↑ Exile researcher Siglinde Bolbecher dies science.orf.at
- ↑ Gold Medal of Honor for Siglinde Bolbecher
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian historian, exile researcher and poet|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 18, 1952|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Vienna|
|DATE OF DEATH||July 6, 2012|
|Place of death||Vienna|