St. Pauli News
St. Pauli-Nachrichten was a men's magazine appearing in Hamburg . It was discontinued in 1981. In 2008 a new magazine was founded under this name.
The St. Pauli-Nachrichten , founded in 1968, was one of the most successful in the industry.
It was brought into being by the photographer Günter Zint and the rarity dealer Helmut Rosenberg and, in addition to numerous pornographic images and contact ads, also offered politically left-wing, ambitious, sometimes explosive texts, especially in the first few years. Editors during this time included Henryk M. Broder and Stefan Aust as well as the journalist Michel Roger Lang, who died in Berlin in 2004 . Günter Wallraff lived with Zint for a while, but, contrary to reports to the contrary, did not write for the magazine. The paper lost its political claim more and more.
The St. Pauli Nachrichten was initially produced by the Hamburg printing company and publishing house Auerdruck GmbH, whose shareholders a. a. the SPD politicians Alfred Nau and Herbert Wehner were. In 1971 the German Child Protection Association filed a criminal complaint against the newspaper for the production of writings harmful to minors. Helmut Rosenberg ran the newspaper publisher until it went bankrupt in 1981.
From November 2008, a porn magazine called St. Pauli Nachrichten - Das Kiez-Magazin was published in Hamburg, but by a different publisher . It sought its readers among men and women. The magazine was later renamed St Pauli - Das Kiez-Magazin .
- Hans Otto Eglau: For a Mark Sex / St. Pauli - successful brand in a flourishing press market . In: Die Zeit , No. 22/1970
- Henryk M. Broder : My wild years of porn . Welt Online , January 1, 2014
- Official homepage of the (successor) - St. Pauli Nachrichten
- Article on the history and development of Focus
- Article about the newly released doppelganger. Mirror online
- Report on name confusion and new beginnings. Meedia
- ↑ Article ( Memento of the original from March 10, 2007 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. to Hinz & Kunzt
- ↑ tagesspiegel.de
- ↑ On letters to the editor of the St. Pauli Press cf. Peter P. Dahl (Ed.): Be nice to each other . specifically book publisher. concrete extra , No. 13, Hamburg, 1970. 2nd, revised edition 1971. With contributions by P. R. Dahl, H. M. Broder and Karl H. Bönner.
- ^ Report in the newspaper DIE WELT from July 6, 1971
- ↑ Der Spiegel 1985, No. 51: On the death of Helmut Rosenberg ( Memento of the original from March 7, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- ↑ Thorsten Dörting: Lustblatt with jam . Spiegel Online , November 9, 2008