Technical computer Science
Technical informatics is a main area of informatics that deals with architecture, design, implementation, evaluation and operation of computer, communication and embedded systems on the level of hardware as well as system-related software. Technical computer science is occasionally described as the interface between computer science and electrical engineering . Technical informatics has its roots in electrical engineering, especially in digital technology , as well as in logic and discrete mathematics .
Differentiation from other disciplines
In the field of switching technology , the fundamentals of technical informatics can hardly be distinguished from digital technology. On the other hand, there are also smooth transitions to practical computer science . The blurring boundaries in this area result from the possibility of being able to implement any algorithm using fixed or reconfigurable circuits. Although this can bring speed advantages, specific circuits are set much narrower limits for reasons of cost. Nevertheless, efforts are generally made to shift this limit in favor of ever more extensive hardware processing.
Other parts of technical informatics are characterized by industrial research and development efforts, the practical implementation of which, due to the size of the market, far exceeds the purely academic possibilities. Many advances in the technology of microprocessors , memory components , bus systems and other important sub-areas of technical information technology are therefore now being achieved industrially. A number of innovations in these areas are due to new production processes; new types of architecture and their evaluation also play a central role.
The main focuses of technical informatics include:
- Automation technology
- Real-time systems
- Embedded Systems
- Hardware and system description languages
- Hardware-software co-design
- Network technology (computer networks)
- Computer architecture
- Control engineering
- Signal and image processing
- System modeling
- Reliability , fault tolerance and fault diagnosis
- Bernd Becker , Rolf Drechsler , Paul Molitor : Technical IT. An introduction . Oldenbourg Wissenschaftsverlag, Munich 2008, ISBN 978-3-486-58650-3 .
- Dirk W. Hoffmann : Fundamentals of technical computer science . 3. Edition. Hanser reference book, Munich 2013, ISBN 978-3-446-43757-9 .
- Wolfram Schiffmann, Robert Schmitz: Technical Computer Science 1 - Basics of Digital Electronics . 5th edition. Springer Verlag, Berlin 2004, ISBN 978-3-540-40418-7 , doi : 10.1007 / 978-3-642-18894-7 .
- Wolfram Schiffmann: Technical Informatics 2 - Basics of Computer Technology . 5th edition. Springer Verlag, Berlin 2005, ISBN 978-3-540-22271-2 .
- Wolfram Schiffmann, Helmut Bähring, Udo Hönig: Technical Computer Science 3 - Basics of PC Technology . 1st edition. Springer Verlag, Berlin 2011, ISBN 978-3-642-16811-6 .
- Wolfram Schiffmann, Robert Schmitz, Jürgen Weiland: Computer engineering - exercise book . 3. Edition. Springer Verlag, Berlin 2004, ISBN 978-3-540-20793-1 , doi : 10.1007 / 3-540-35123-X .
- German universities that offer the technical informatics course on studieren.de