Thomas George Eyre Powell
He studied at Cambridge University in the mid-1930s . From 1948 he taught prehistoric archeology at the Department of Archeology and Oriental Studies at the University of Liverpool , from 1971 until his death as Professor of European Archeology. Powell was a member of the Society of Antiquaries of London (1948) and the German Archaeological Institute , from 1970 to 1974 he was President of the Prehistoric Society .
- Excavation of a megalithic tomb at Ballynamona Lower, County Waterford . In: Journal of the Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland . Seventh Series, 8, 2, 1938, pp. 260-271.
- with Stuart Piggott : The excavation of three Neolithic chambered tombs in Galloway, 1949 . In: Proceedings of the Society of Antiquaries of Scotland 83, 1948/49, pp. 103-161.
- The gold ornament from Mold, Flintshire, North Wales . In: Proceedings of the Prehistoric Society 19, 1953, pp. 161-179
The Celts ( Ancient Peoples and Places ). Thames and Hudson, London 1958.
- German: The Celts . DuMont Schauberg, Cologne 1959.
- Prehistoric Art . Thames and Hudson, London 1966.
- u. a .: Megalithic Inquiries in the West of Britain . Liverpool University Press, Liverpool 1969.
- From Urartu to Gundestrup: the agency of Thracian metal-work. In: John Boardman, MA Brown, Thomas George Eyre Powell (Eds.): The European community in later prehistory. Studies in honor of CFC Hawkes. Routledge & Kegan Paul, London 1971, ISBN 0-7100-6940-5 , pp. 181-201.
- The Sintra Collar and the Shannongrove Gorget: aspects of Late Bronze Age goldwork in the west of Europe . In: North Munster Antiquarian Journal 16, 1973/74, pp. 3-33.
- Grahame Clark : Professor TGE Powell . In: The Times, July 15, 1975, p. 16.
- Glyn Daniel : Professor TGE Powell . In: The Times, July 17, 1975, p. 16.
|SURNAME||Powell, Thomas George Eyre|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Powell, Terence (nickname)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||British prehistorian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1916|
|DATE OF DEATH||July 8, 1975|