Universidad Nacional de La Plata
|Universidad Nacional de La Plata|
|motto||Pro scientia et Patria|
|place||La Plata , Argentina|
Soon after the city of La Plata was founded in 1882, the need for a university was recognized, so in 1897 it was decided to found a university. The development of the university was largely driven by Joaquín Victor González , who was appointed first president in March 1906.
The university has more than a dozen museums, including the Natural History Museum and the La Plata Museum Research Institute . In 1997 the museums were networked. Since then, nine more museums have been connected there.
Since it was founded, the university has received a steadily increasing number of students in line with the growing city population. In 2011, 98,954 students were enrolled.
The university offers a total of over 100 courses and degrees in its faculties:
- Agricultural Sciences and Forestry
- Architecture and urban planning
- Astronomy and geophysics
- Humanities and Education
- Computer science
- Natural sciences
- Law and Social Sciences
- Social work
- Veterinary medicine
- UNLP: Autoridades. Retrieved October 20, 2019 .
- Universidad Nacional de La Plata (UNLP) - Historia de la Universidad Nacional de La Plata. (No longer available online.) Formerly in the original ; accessed on October 20, 2019 (Spanish). ( Page no longer available , search in web archives )
- Universidad Nacional de La Plata (UNLP) - Red de Museos de la UNLP. (No longer available online.) Archived from the original on June 8, 2014 ; Retrieved May 21, 2014 (Spanish). Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.