Publisher Ferdinand Schöningh
The publishing house Ferdinand Schöningh was founded on May 12, 1847 by the bookseller Ferdinand Schöningh from Meppen / Emsland in Paderborn . On January 1, 2017, the publishing house became part of Brill Verlag .
The focus of the publishing work lies in the field of contemporary history, scientific theology, philosophy, philology and education. In addition, the publishing house oversees several major editions (critical editions of works by Augustinus , Friedrich and August Wilhelm Schlegel and Wilhelm von Humboldt , the 40-volume history of the council by the papal chief historian Walter Brandmüller , the opulent facsimile series Biblia Slavica and the major research edition on the Roman Inquisition and Index Congregation ). Ferdinand Schöningh was also a co - founder of the publishing house's Rote Series of Uni-Taschenbücher (UTB) and has played a key role in shaping it to this day.
The authorized representative Franz Honselmann is one of the defining figures in the history of the publishing house .
- Ferdinand Schöningh, A picture of life as a commemorative publication for the 50th anniversary of the bookstore founded by the Eternal in Paderborn on May 12, 1897 . Schöningh, Paderborn 1897.
- Verlag Ferdinand Schöningh 1847–1997. Schöningh, Paderborn 1997.
- Publisher Ferdinand Schöningh
- University paperbacks
- Schmidt: German bookseller. German book printer (1902) at Zeno.org
- Brill takes over Ferdinand Schöningh / Wilhelm Fink and appoints managing directors. Brill , December 20, 2016, accessed May 15, 2017 .